Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Tuesday Musings

  July has arrived. Really? Already? That means I must get my calendar spread up and ready -which is a WIP yet. Hopefully it will be finished in the next few days. It's an awful lot of drawing though ( going with the monthly prompts from one of Joanne Sharpe's classes).


                                                             6" x 6" book page-front

                                                          6" x 6" book page -back

   Products: background patterned papers (Stampington & Co.); image on front pg (Paper Whimsy); image on back pg ( Retro Cafe Art); lace and fabric flower trims (JoAnne Stores); Kaleidacolor Blue Breeze ink (Tsukineko); Diamond Stickles glitter glue (Ranger); aqua tissue paper; feathers (beach findings).

  A group of us were asked by a fellow artist on FB if we wanted to contribute to a book she was putting together for another artist who recently lost her beloved mother. I 've known many of these ladies for a number of years through art groups and swaps so of course I wanted to contribute. We were given some ideas-such as adding quotes, keeping it with mostly whites and using lighthouse images if we wanted and leaving space on the left for punching the holes. The book will be completed and sent to her in the next two weeks. The theme for the Simon Monday challenge blog is "w is for white". I was planning on linking this but not so sure it meets the criteria so well. So, I made this card which is going in the mail to my dear aunt BiBi in France who will be celebrating her 80th birthday.


   Products: lg white card and envelope (Canvas Corp); floral stamp (Close to My Heart-formerly DOTS-this may be a retired stamp by now); sentiment stamp (Magenta); indigo dye ink; dry chalks; Stickles glitter glue (Ranger).

 Of course, I 'm still very much into the summer salads and healthy food kick so here's another dish:


                                                       (RECIPE AT END OF POST)

 This is a red quinoa watercress salad. Yum! Since having requests for recipes of the foods I've been sharing here I am currently working on getting the recipes typed in along with links to the photos which I will list at the top of my blog in the "Recipes" category. Please bear with me :)

 Oh, it also happens to be "T Stands for Tuesday " with Elizabeth and Bleubeard and I have the perfect thing to share for it:


  When grocery shopping this past week I went down the kitchen/cooking supplies aisle and I found this mug. It had my name painted all over it!! And I probably shouldn't be using this word so much -but-isn't this just A-W-E-S-O-M-E??? This brings such a smile to my face first thing each morning! It was only $6 and is a generous size. That's why you can't see the coffee inside. I'm only allowed 1 1/2 to 2 cups of caffeine per day.

  Off to paint something...and visit along with my mug in between drying times:)

         "To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow."
                                                                                                                         Kurt Vonnegut



                                               Red Quinoa Watercress Salad

  Whisk together in lg. bowl: 1 Tbsp. sherry vinegar   1/2 tsp. salt     1/4 tsp. pepper
                                               1 clove garlic, minced    3 Tbsp. EVOO

  Add: 1/2 minced shallot    3 tomatoes, cut into cubes   1/4 cucumber, seeded and cut into chunks
           1/3 c. yellow pepper, cut into small chunks

  Add: 2 c. cooked red quinoa    3 c. watercress cut into 3 " pieces    1 c. basil leaves
           8 oz. fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/2 " cubes

  Toss all to combine. Note- I added a bit  more of the vinegar before serving.






19 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that colorful cup! You can't use the word "awesome" too much if you have that much awesome stuff to share lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful new artwork! love the cup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new cup is truly A W E S O M E !

    I also like your pages for a friend. Leave it to you to contribute your art and your thoughtfulness. And I see you used your sewing skills, too! That always makes me smile.

    Your card to your aunt is gorgeous. Very pristine.

    Thanks for sharing your lovely art and your quinoa for tea this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure you got my comment. So this is a follow-up comment just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness that coffee cup would have come home with me too!!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful calendar creations ~ quite the time involved ~ but beautiful creating ~ thanks for your visit ~ Happy Week to you ~ xoxo

    artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post Linda....

    Love your cup!!! Yes... very you!!!! and definitely awesome :)

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a wonderful gesture! I absolutely love the light house page. It is subtle and beautiful. That cup looks like a water color painting and it is awesome that your name is on it-:) The card for your aunt is very pretty. I'm a big fan of floral prints.
    Thank you Linda for working on the recipes.
    Have a lovely week
    Hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!! I love that cup!! Yes, it is AWESOME!!
    Happy T-Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello and Happy T Day! I have to say first I love that cup!! Such happy colors to start your day with!! How pretty the flowered card is, she will love it! The first two pages were beautiful!! The salad looks colorful and yummy! Thanks so much for sharing the recipes for us, so nice of you.
    Have a great week and Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  11. funny, that mug seems to have my name on it too!
    loving the look of that salad!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pages are just lovely, the lace, the stitching, everything :)
    The cup....is Awesome :) what a great find!
    I usually do so well with food but today was a write off---back to better tomorrow!
    Happy T day

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your art. It's life enhancing, just that that fabulous mug you found. Thanks so much for all the wonderful comments you're leaving on my blog. I appreciate it so much and I love to think of you and LuAnn arting together! Just wish I could pop in, in person.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is an awesome cup! Beautiful page and card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the art and that cup IS AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. there must be pixies trying to keep me from leaving a comment...
    I'd better try and be quick before this one goes poof too!
    Your pages touch my heart oh so sweetly even before I read the story behind them.
    Red Quinoa is one of our favorite foods and with healthy watercress! yes I would enjoy that recipe very much...thank you!
    Anything you put in that gorgeous cup will taste very special I'm sure!
    Happy July!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely gesture for your art friend who lost her mum. Lovely pieces again this week Linda-you're always so productive. That salad looks fabulous and I totally love that mug!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful project! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful project! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!