Monday, June 1, 2015

A New Month and New Challenges

  Well, the calendar page has turned and that means that in all the monthly challenge blogs there are new themes to be inspired by! Do check out these challenges I participate in and see if  the themes inspire you to play along too: Art Journal Journey; Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog; Mix It Monthly. And speaking of challenges- the Summer Of Color challenge is now open!!! This is the fifth year that the amazing Kristin has been hosting this 6 week challenge and every week there is a fabulous prize to be had by one participant (chosen randomly). The party has begun with a $50 Dick Blick GC being offered this week so do check it out HERE!

 Today I just have two wip journal pages to share which were done very similarly. They are both in my XL Canson Mixed Media journal and I plan on painting faces on these.

First page:

 This is only the beginning of the layering. Papers, washi tapes, spray inks and stencils.

 Second page in stages:

                                                        First layer-papers, washi tape

                                         Second layer-the addition of ink sprays and stencils

    Third layer-toned down with sponged on gesso, some gesso also used through a geometric stencil. I am now ready to draw my image on this page. If you wish to see my most recently finished face you can see it here.

   And for my T Stands For Tuesday lovelies (sorry to have missed last week):

                 I treated my friend LuAnn to lunch at our favorite Irish Pub - McCarthy's - to celebrate her birthday.

                                                    LuAnn chose the turkey melt,

                                       and I had the roasted pepper, onion jam and brie melt.

 We shared a pot of decafe pear tea with our meals- all of which was divine!! And then we dared split some dessert:

                                   a currant scone with cream and a heavenly strawberry jam!

 Although I rarely eat sweets I do love the scones here because they are NOT very sweet at all-although there is one called "wired"-my hubby's favorite-which consists of white and dark chocolate, cinnamon, and a coffee glaze. He always says he's only going to eat half at a time-yeah, hasn't happened yet:) And it lives up to its name too-what a sugar high!

 Hope you are enjoying whatever the day brings to you today. I will be around to visit along with my cuppa. Cheers!

 "Make something every day. Make a song, make a move, make a friend, make a difference."
                                                                                                                    Pat Collelo







16 comments:

  1. Your journal pages are gorgeous and your food looks Deeeliscious! I'm looking forward to SOC too. Happy T Day :o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, you are going to be busy this summer if you join all those challenges. I'll just be happy to get through SOC and ICADs, in addition to J52. Speaking of journals, I simply adore what you are doing in your journal. I was blown away with your first page, and really enjoyed seeing the process of the second page.

    I'm truly hungry, now, and I have to admit your lunch sounds (and looks) much better than LuAnn's. And that scone was truly decadent looking, although I'm definitely not a fan of strawberry anything unless they still have their little green caps on them.

    Thanks for making me hungry and sharing this wonderful lunch with us for T this Tuesday. Thanks also for taking us through your journal process, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, I love challenges and I take part in some. SOC is cool. Love it!Your food is yummy yummy and journal pages are gorgeous, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your art and the food looks divine, it is making me hungry! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your journal pages are both lovely and its interesting to actually see how many layers actually go into each one. The scone your husband eats sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love to see all that wonderful layering on your pages and I'm suddenly hungry for cakes too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful "make something" quote Linda :-)
    Your journal pages look fun and very promising.
    It will be fun to see you bring them alive.
    I just signed up for a class over at Community Thrive with Conny/Pia Rom.
    She is teaching a Transfer Storytelling class and she is fabulous and so inspiring.
    Sounds and looks like you and LuAnn had a really tasty time = Fun!
    Happy T Day and Happy June my friend oxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm doing SOC as well. It's fun to get that weekly spark of creativity. That pepper, brie and onion sandwich sounds delish. I may have to try putting something like that together myself.
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that scone! I'd get that, definitely! Happy T Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pages you have going and can't wait to see what else you do with them :) ♥ The food looks great and I'm a big fan of scones too ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful starts on the journal pages and you lunch has me drooling....*grin*

    Happy T-day

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great prepairing of pages Linda! What a fab meal and scone!
    Thank you that you did mention AJJ in your post♥

    Have a great week !
    Happy T-DAY!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh such lovely journal page beginnings...not sure I'd be able to cover any of that up with an image! wonderful...and what yummy food you've shared...so now I'm hungry. happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What great backgrounds! Loved your face (the link) and the song quote. :)
    Looks like a decadent meal--yum! Happy T-Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really liked looking at your process pictures of your pages - lovely layers!

    See you in Summer of Color, we're going to have such arty fun!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all the layering in your journal page, but the delishiousness of your meals OMG my mouth is watering ;) ♥ Conny
    Piaroms Art Journaling

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!