Monday, April 6, 2015

A Toast To Spring Temps-Finally!

 It was another busy time the last four days but first I have to tell you that finally-today- it was HEAVENLY!!! The sun was shining, it wasn't windy, and we got to 72 degrees F late this afternoon!

 The real excitement began Friday afternoon though. We had tickets for, yes, another Celtic Thunder show in town! So of course Bill and I went to the Sands and walked around early afternoon to see if we'd spot any of the members before the evening show:):) And look who we found:


 Ryan Kelly!! Don't mind the weird look on my face-I wasn't expecting hubby to take a photo. Ryan even remembered us and that Bill was a runner too and they talked a bit about running through Bethlehem. Just the nicest most humble and kind person-and he is a huge animal lover :) We also met  the music director and the main guitar player. We hung around awhile then went home before returning for the concert. And it did not disappoint!!!! The Very Best of Celtic Thunder Show was that ....and more!!! We had 4th row center seats but even that didn't satisfy me at the end so I moved up to the 2nd row aisle to an empty seat so I could get up and dance to the last song with them (no, I didn't get thrown out ;).

 Saturday Bill and I drove into a neighboring town to find our way . You see, I got a summons in the mail for jury duty. When I read it my BP spiked -not good- and it took quite awhile to bring it back down. This is NOT something I ever wanted to do. Nothing like being told parking is scarce-esp. when you're by the prison AND in a questionable area! We mapped it out and I'll be prepared to go this Tuesday although I won't know if I have to show up until later tonight. Which is why I'm posting now. If I get called in I will get around to everyone later Tues. or Wed. Edited In- I have been excused from jury duty-YAY!

 For my T Stands For Tuesday gang I have this to share:


 Nothing like a good cup of coffee - in the Easter mug my Mom bought me some years ago- along with a treat- a cheesecake cupcake! It's actually supposed to have toasted coconut and 3 mini Cadbury chocolate eggs on it. However, no one would eat the coconut, and I sent the eggs home with my chocoholic son before realizing I didn't take a picture. I'll share the RECIPE AT THE END OF THE POST. It was the first time I made it. Easy. Delicious. It makes 18 cupcakes. They freeze well.

 A small art contribution:


 I recently found a printed page of four arch collages I had left from a swap through the Paper Whimsy art group. The original piece was copied and printed (all imagery and sentiments Paper Whimsy). Edges were sponged with Distress Vintage Photo ink. Bird stickers are Paper House Productions. Flowers-Prima Marketing. Class A Peels stickers-Stampendous. They are approx.
3 1/2" w by 4 5/8" h. I'll be sending them out as happy mail. Linking to the Simon Monday Challenge (theme is- "A is for".) And my A is for arches!

 Wishing you a great rest of the week! See you soon.

" They may have bad weather in Ireland but the sun shines in the hearts of the people and that keeps us warm."       Marianne Williamson

        
                                                Philadelphia Easter Mini Cheesecakes

 1 c. graham cracker crumbs       3/4 c. plus 2 Tbsp. sugar, divided             3 Tbsp. melted butter

 3 pkg. Philadelphia Cream Cheese (8 oz. each), softened      1 tsp. vanilla          3 eggs

 1 c. plus 2 Tbsp coconut      54 mini chocolate eggs

 Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Mix graham crumbs, 2 Tbsp sugar and butter; press into the bottoms of 18 paper lined muffin cups. Beat cream cheese, vanilla and remaining sugar with mixer until smooth. Add eggs one at a time on low speed until blended.  Spoon over crusts. Bake 25-30 min. or until centers are almost set. Cool completely. Refrigerate 2 hrs. Top each cheesecake with  1 Tbsp. toasted coconut and the 3 mini chocolate eggs.
 Notes- I used 1/3 less fat cream cheese. I think adding mini chocolate chips to the batter would be a great addition! For the summer months add a spoon of blueberry, strawberry or cherry compote on top:)

21 comments:

  1. Here's hoping you are NOT needed for jury duty afterall! Fingers crossed for you.
    You have me smiling with your Celtic Thunder experiences...how special AND memorable and fun!
    Your PW pieces look just as fresh and beautiful as ever...timeless art you created dear Linda.
    Take care
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh do hope you have to do jury duty ~ hoping for the best for you ~ What a treat for you and your hubby meeting Ryan and a photo too! Lovely creations as always and that cup cake looks delicious! Wonderful post and recipe and photos!

    artmusedog and carol
    Happy Week to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was recently summoned for jury duty and I was able to get out of it. It was a Federal case and I was sure they would make me appear at least. But fortunately, I sent an e-mail before the day I was to attend and gave several reasons why I didn't want to participate. They let me out of it. I'm so glad I did. I hope you are able to get out of it, too.

    Until the summons, it sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Your Easter cup is lovely. I bought some carrot cake egg shaped M & Ms to use in my baskets, but I would have gladly used them on top of the wonderful mini cheese cakes. I may try these the next time I have guests over.

    Thanks for sharing your lovely art, your great Celtic Thunder experience, and your summons with us for T this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you don't get called for Jury Duty. I've received several summons over the years and was selected to serve on a jury one time.

    Your cupcakes look great and sound delicious. Thanks for the recipe. I'm auditioning desserts for a Mother's Day tea and these would be perfect, especially since they freeze and can be made ahead of time. I'll try them.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to read your edit that you were excused from Jury Duty. Though pretty new to your blog, I have picked right up how much you love Celtic Thunder. How wonderful that you got an opportunity to not only see them again, but meet personally with one of the group!

    Now my husband would love those cupcakes! I have a Philadelphia Cheese Cake Cookbook and have made many of the varieties for him.

    Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scary about your BP...glad you got it back down without incident. And glad you got excused. :) I was called up for Federal Grand jury duty once. Luckily for me I had an infant so I was excused.
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been called for jury duty, but I think it might be fun. I'd have definitely eaten the coconut, though, so I may just be weird lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are able to get out of the jury duty... I have lucked out the 3 times I've been summoned. Those cupcakes look great and I might have to make some of them too :) So glad you got to meet up with your Celtic STARS ♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy to hear that you had a great time at the concert. I have no idea about the jury duty, but from your words I get it that you are not keen on getting it. Hope you don't have to do it again.
    Oats plus milk and sugar or honey make a very yummy drink. Here most diabetic patients take this drink without sugar in their diet.
    Have a lovely week Linda
    susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely recipe..hated when I had to do jury duty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely packed blog post....and you look lovely. All very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hurrah! So happy spring has landed with you too, and you won't have to do jury duty and instead can concentrate on making your gorgeous art!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that! SO cool that you met him and got to take a picture! Glad that you loved the show (you cracked me up about the 2nd row ;) and that you got out of Jury Duty. Whew! Beautiful Arches pieces too! Thank you for your sweet message! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. You guys are true fans and they sound like wonderful people to be fans of, too. Glad you enjoyed the concert so much and that you got out of jury duty. ;) Happy T-Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I put on a few kilos just looking at that awesomely yummy cheesecake of yours LOL. hahaha Nothing like a wide eyed stare into a camera.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab that you enjoyed the concert Linda... seems to be a great guy- fab you got to take a photo!
    WOnderful arches and yummie stuff on your easter table!
    Happy bealted T-Day Linda-
    hope also to get better weather.. the forecast is good for the weekend.. just now it is still cold brrr.

    ReplyDelete
  17. the concert sounds fabulous, and how cool to get to mingle with the stars! love your Easter goodies...the cheesecake sounds wonderful! love the arches too, so beautiful ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is such a cute photo of you dear Linda 🌺 oxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful photo and lovely art!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This post was filled with such wonderful things! I loved reading about your exciting Celtic Thunder adventure and even though I am a horrible chef/baker/cook, that cupcake looked delicious (even without the coconut and chocolate eggs)! But to get to the tags: WOW! They are so lovely and the shape is beautiful. I really loved the Spring colors and the romantic look they have. A is definitely for arches and these are lovely! Thanks for joining in on our Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So glad you finally have some good weather! What extremes in a few short weeks!

    Happy you managed to avoid jury service... I did it a few years back and really enjoyed it... but I didn't get an awful case which was a huge relief.

    Cup cake looks yummy even without the eggs!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!