Monday, May 21, 2018

Poppy (and Puppy) Love


 How is everyone doing? I was kept busy all last week with dog sitting duties, and despite the fact that it rained every day except one it didn't stop Riley and I from going for a walk each day. He completely bonded with me and I loved having him!


  I miss him already but am glad knowing I can see him anytime.
Now I'm busy trying to help my Mom get situated with a trip to France to visit family this summer. I'm hoping we get tickets and such done tomorrow when we go back to the travel agent.  Last week after we went there the first time and did some shopping Mom treated me to dinner and we went to Va Va's Creperie Café again! So this is for Bleubeard and Elizabeth and peeps at T Stands For Tuesday (and if you're reading this Carol R. that is our next lunch date-coming soon:):


 Mom got the Lyon( her favorite) with chicken, mushrooms, swiss cheese and bechamel. And I went for another I hadn't had before-pesto. As you can see - lots of spinach,turkey, gruyere, sun dried tomato sauce and pesto. SO good!

 At Try It On Tuesday the challenge is "Destinations" for another week so I made a tag:



 I am also joining the Simon Monday Challenge for this week "Inspired by a Song". All I could keep humming to was "Come Fly with Me" by Michael Bublé and now I dare you not to hum along:):)

 Products: Tim Holtz Distress Tag, Paper Dolls, Quote Chips, Chit Chat stickers, layering stencil(Mosaic); modeling paste; postage washi tape(Recollections); Distress Spray Stains in Fossilized Amber, Twisted Citron; Dylusions Ink Spray in London Blue; Circle stamp - Bokeh dots (Ellen Hutson); script stamp Wall Art (Wow!); Archival Jet Black ink; word snap at tag hole- unknown.

 This card is for the Simon Wednesday Challenge (Stencil It),  Moo Mania and More (Even More Flowers), and the Simon Says Flickr Challenge #97:


The background stencil is one I made using the gorgeous Clustered Leaves die from Simon Says Stamp!

 Other Products; Neenah Classic Solar White 110# card stock; thin cardboard(to make the stencil); Altenew Peony Bouquet Stamp and Die set, Label Love stamp set; Colorbox Chalk inks- gray Whale, Prussian Blue; Versafine Onyx Black ink; Colorbox Pigment ink- Pink; Distress inks- Mowed Lawn, Worn Lipstick; Archival inks- Sky Blue, Leaf green; Simon Says Stamp Moonshine sequins.

 And now, for the poppies! Anyone that's been here before knows how much I love poppies- especially the Oriental red ones so of course for Paint Party Friday and Art Journal Journey (theme is Flora and Fauna) I painted a poppy field using a palette knife inspired by a You Tube video by Angela Anderson:


 I just HAD to make mine using striking reds and orange :):) if you type"poppies" in the search bar at the top on the right you can see my other paintings and such.

 Some detail shots:



  We are heading into another holiday- Memorial Day next Monday so most will have  the day off from work. It's usually a first beach weekend for lots of people or backyard picnics and grilling.Not sure what we'll be doing yet, maybe even nothing- how about you?

 Thanks as always for popping in. Have a wonderful week!

    " If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere."  
                                                                           Vincent Van Gogh

49 comments:

  1. Despite spending all that time with Riley, you seen to have gotten a LOT done art wise this week. Your Destinations tag is beautiful, and your Simon Says card is stunning But the gem in my opinion this week is your original painting of the poppies. I can't believe you created this using just a palette knife. It is fabulous and I am so glad you are also sharing it with Art Journal Journey.

    WOW, those crepes looked amazing. I think I would lie the one you got, except it seems there are few choices without meat (yes, I read the menu). Thanks for sharing your beautiful art, your crepes, and your drinks with us for T this almost Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poppies are dazzling ~ I have in my yard ~ wonderful post especially with adorable Riley photos! and will be back with more comments!

    Happy Day to you,
    C & Z
    ps. Zoe likes Riley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Linda-those poppies are gorgeous! You outdid yourself on that piece. And I think those crepes looks very yummy. I haven't had crepes for awhile and you are making me hungry. Riley is adorable, and here is my question. Is it just your mom going to France, or are you? You said I hope we get tickets, so I am hoping you get a little trip too. Happy T Day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sadly I won't be going with my Mom to France this time. Long story but I made the right decision despite not getting to see my family there.

      Delete
  4. Your poppies are beautiful! I like the shape you accomplished with the palette knife. What size is that canvas?
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Halle. I painted it in my mixed media journal - the 8" x 10" one.

      Delete
  5. Your poppies are amazing-I love them! this would be lovely framed.
    Great art for your other challenges too. wishing your Mom a good trip to France
    Your crepes look delicious especially your pesto one. glad you enjoyed dog sitting. Happy T Day hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your have created oodles of beautiful art again, I especially love the poppies. Riley is a real cutie, I'm sure you will miss him. Those crepes look so delicious. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda your poppies are incredible!!! And your crepes look divine! Do you get to fly to France too??? Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many beautiful artworks! It must be exciting to be travelling to France and your lunch looks so good 😉. Your destinations tag is amazing with the rich colours and texture from the stencilling and I love your poppy painting, the 3D effect you achieved with the palette knife is amazing! Thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday and Art Journal Journey, wishing you a Happy T Day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your poppies look gorgeous, it would look wonderful framed and on your wall. In fact all your art projects look fabulous today. The Destinations tag is great for the TioT's theme as well.
    I'm pleased I've just had lunch as those crepes look delicious.
    Happy T day wishes Linda.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've fallen in love with Riley just through your photos, Linda. Shi Tzus are jusr precious. I've never met one I didn't love.

    You made lots of beautiful art this past week! Your palette knife poppies are stunning.

    Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, poppies are among my favourite flowers. Just love that glorious red. They're not out here yet but I'm enjoying seeing yours hugely. And Riley looks a true delight. What a sweetie. Flora sends a doggy hug!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Riley!! Your art is wonderful Linda! Your poppies really are amazing! I love the Destinations tag and so pleased you joined us at Try It On Tuesday! Oh my! Those crepes too...they look delicious! Happy T Day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  13. As Ink would say, Riley is adorable (for a dog) =^,.^= Dinner with your mom looked amazing. Your tags are wonderful, but I was so taken with your gorgeous poppies painting. It reminds me of a poppy border print dress my mother made for me. thanks for the memory. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Destinations tag is so beautiful,thank you for joining Try It On Tuesday dear Linda and your Simon Says card is stunning and the painting of the poppies is just unique! It is fabulous and we are so glad you are sharing it with Art Journal Journey - much appreciated.Your crepes look divine and Riley is just so cute - love him!
    Happy T-Day my friend!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, such pretty poppies! And I enjoyed meeting Riley!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your tag and card are so pretty, but those poppies are Gorgeous! so beautiful! and what a cutie to get to dog sit! sounds like an eventful week...happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A fabulous post Linda, Riley is so cute, what a wonderful week you must have had with him Love your artwork today, the tag For TioT is a great take on the theme.
    LOVE, LOVE your poppy field painting, absoluty stunning,
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh for the life of Riley! He is gorgeous! I totally understand you miss him.
    I love love love your poppies! I would love to have that on my wall. Absolutely beautiful.
    The tag and birthday card are lovely. You managed to get some art done then.
    The crepes look delish. I don't know which I would choose. They both look really nice. We will be travelling through France next week and I'm sure we will be eating one (or two) crepes along the way.
    I hope your mum got her tickets sorted.
    Happy T-Day,.
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your oriental poppies are gorgeous! They look so real and detailed. Your tag is so full of texture. I love those colors and the circles.
    Riley sure is a cutie! if he is as cuddly as he looks I can see how you miss him.
    happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome that you made your own stencil - it was just perfect with Thos soft gray leaves behind the striking flowers! LOVE!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! /Karin

    ReplyDelete
  21. A wonderful Post

    Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

    ReplyDelete
  22. ... and I have also to say Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your 'Enjoy the journey' tag ~ !

    Happy Day to you,
    C & Z

    ReplyDelete
  24. How beautiful your poppies are and the puppy is so cute too...

    ReplyDelete
  25. He is such a cutie! I'm crazy about all of the beautiful work you've been up to from this scrumptious tag to the stunning CAS card and those poppies - oh my! What a cool technique you should do on a massive canvas for the fireplace!!! Awesome! You are so very talented my friend. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oooh, I love Crepes and your canine friend is so cute. Beautiful art work as always. I especially like the greens a and yellows in you tag, but your Poppies are gorgeous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your poppies make me happy.... Happy PPF, have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a sweet little face! Oh and those crêpes look delicious! Well, anything with Gruyère cheese has to be delicious :). Oh and those poppies! I love poppies and these are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the poppies. I am a wee bit jealous of your Mom getting to go to France. I absolutely love Paris.. oh well, I couldn't hide in her luggage, could I?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your gorgeous red poppies! I am trying to use a palette knife also. I like the looseness of the results. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  31. Nice word play. Great sharing of art. The generator picked your art today at PPF congratulations

    Much♥️love

    ReplyDelete
  32. love your poppies! Congrats on being featured at PPF today!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hmmm, those crepes look yummy! I like the ghostly look of the leaves on your card, and I adore your poppy-painting. So well done, really beautiful! Enjoy your day off!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Well, you have had a fun week!! Your poppies jump off of the page. You captured their essence for sure! The tag is charming as is Riley! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Linda! Congrats on being spotlighted today for PPF! It's a great, fun, happy piece to have shown. I LOVE your poppies piece. Simply gorgeous! Now I am hungry after looking at the food, lol! Time for dinner. Happy PPF. Hugz, Rasz

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congrats on being featured on PPF ~ your work is so creative!

    Happy Weekend to you,
    C & Z

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh such brilliant and textural poppies Linda!
    Big congratulations on being featured in PPF too.
    Riley is a real sweetie.
    Happy creating :D)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful tag, love how you stitched around their faces! All your creations are wonderful! Thanks for sharing your awesome creation with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  39. I adore your poppy painting. It is delicious. The pup is pretty cute, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  40. jsut LOVE your poppy garden :) So beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful birthday card you created! Lovely

    Happy Memorial Day Weekend to you,
    C & Z

    ReplyDelete
  42. awww Riley is adorable.
    Poppies are always a favourite so I have to say I loved that the most - that was really beautiful.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  43. I really love your poppies painting, Linda. And your dog Riley is so cute!!!
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  44. those poppies are gorgeous! such a gorgeous vibrant red :D

    ReplyDelete
  45. These poppies are very artistic and striking!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!