Monday, March 8, 2021

Journal Play!

 


 Getting excited around here! Spring will soon officially arrive, our clocks move forward one hour this coming Sunday giving us longer daylight hours, and it is finally going to warm up this week😁 I can't wait to go out for walks again!! I can't walk in the cold because I have Reynaud's Syndrome which causes my fingers and toes to immediately get cold, numb and burn. 

 Been mostly playing in my journals though I'd better get moving on Easter cards if I plan on getting them out in time😉 And get this - my Mom called to tell me that today she got her Valentine's Day card from me!!! She lives only 2 miles from me and I mailed it early February!!!



For T Stands For Tuesday:

 My DIL and I went to the Easton Public Market place because we wanted to check out this plant based smoothie/sandwich/salad/smoothie bowls venue which had recently opened. Lots of options and all but the bottled cold pressed juices (in the case) are made on the spot and can be customized in any way. There is no indoor seating and it was a COLD and WINDY day so we went back to the apartment to enjoy our selections. 


 I almost forgot to take photos and only got  a pic of my almost finished Green Vida smoothie:) It was delicious- made with organic kale, Granny Smith apple, pineapple, avocado, lemon, mint, and filtered water. Kyra had the Replenish cold press juice along with the Aluna Bowl with a green base of spinach, spirulina. That was topped with fruit and granola. Really good! However, I found it all a bit pricey (as were the other vendors in the building). I'm sure I will be able to duplicate my drink using my Nutri-Bullet 👍

Edited In: As I went to get the link for T Stands For Tuesday I read Elizabeth's truly sad post about the passing of a fellow regular linking T Day friend Eileen. You can read of it on the T Stands For Tuesday link. My heart is heavy, it's hard holding back the tears and I need to gather my thoughts  so I will go on with my post as it was done before hearing this news. Next week I will post in her memory for T Stands For Tuesday 🙏

 I finished another spread in my Curvy Journal:


 I will join Art Journal Journey (A single flower) and Try It On Tuesday (Say it with flowers). I love these birds from the Dina Wakley Collage Collective book and just wish she offered full collage sheets of these sweet birdies. 


And here is yet another grid style page. It started like this:

  
I used Dina Wakley paints in Marine, Aloe, Mineral and Apricot. And here is the completed page:


  Dina Wakley curly fronds stencil/mask set, Be Willing stamp set, Gloss Sprays. Tim Holtz Paper Doll. Mark making doodles done with Posca pens. Grid paper is torn bits recycled from the inside of a business envelope. 

 Happy to join Paint Party Friday!

 That's it for me this post. Happy new week to all!

" If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly our whole life would change."  Buddha



34 comments:

  1. The Easton Market looks like a lot of fun, though I guess places like that are often rather pricy -- as you said. I've been to a similar market in Lancaster: at least I think it's similar. There were lots of good things of all sorts. Of course that was before we were locked down and unable to travel.

    be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your journal pages are lovely! And I really love that curvy journal. I downloaded the pattern so I am hoping that I will get around to making one one of these days. I love the black and white contrast.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so sad about Eileen, isn't it? I was waiting for her hospital food photos that she said she would post. Your smoothie sounds interesting. And I bet it was tasty. And you have some beautiful art to share. Thanks for linking up to AJJ and also to Try It On Tuesday. I love seeing more of your curvy book. That is a great project. Hope you have a wonderful T day Linda. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good evening, it is very say about Eileen
    I always enjoy seeing your art-you are so creative, and the food sounds good too Happy T

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving your art this week, Linda. I really love your Handle with care entry because of the sewing, the recycled pieces, and the composition.

    Your curvy journal spreads are wonderful. I adore how the single flower is set off with fabric behind it. I love the sewing on the bird, too. This is a lovely spread and perfect for Sheila's theme at Art Journal Journey.

    I also like your grid style page. It turned out great. That is a security envelope design I haven't seen before.

    It was so nice of you to take us to the new plant based smoothie establishment. A unique time to start a business, but I wish them luck. Your smoothie looks SO good, too. Thanks for sharing the ingredients with us, along with your art for T this almost Tuesday. And thanks for your lovely comments about Eileen, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so sad that Eileen passed away. I am quite finished reading this. Thanks for the message here.
    Your journal pages are beautiful, Linda,
    Hug Elke

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great arty post, Linda, and the green smoothie sound delicious, I must try that at home.
    Thanks very much for your Single Flower and I really like the curvy book you've made, it's very unusual. The birdies are lovely too.
    The grid style collage is fantastic, that's a great way to build a collage.
    Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always think those market places are expensive, the smoothie sounds interesting with all those ingredients, sometimes I'm put off things by reading ingredients, my DH finds it frustrating sometimes, LOL
    Gorgeous curvy book, love all the birds and their colours.
    Jan S

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was such a shock to hear about Eileen. Unexpected :(

    That market looks like an interesting place to try new things. I love the curvy journal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such heart breaking news! I was the same when I first heard about Eileen last night, I was so upset and I couldn't bring myself to comment or add my T Day post that I had published on Sunday without paying tribute to her in some way, she was such a beautiful person and will be greatly missed! Your artwork is amazing, loving that curvy journal that you created 😁. Thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! Take care and Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great lunch ~ and your journal page is awesome!

    Living moment by moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You had a great lunch out, sorry it was pricey. Wonderful art, as always. We are all sad about Eileen, such a tragedy. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Market looks like a fun place for a special lunch or treat. Cool curvy journal. The bird page is giving me Spring fever. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  14. A wonderful collection of art Linda! I love it all!
    I was so sorry to hear of Eileen's passing.
    Hugs,
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your art is lovely and that market looks wonderful. I too have Reynauds part of lupus for me. It is NOT fun. Hope your hands are doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you manage to make a very similar smoothie yourself, the juice bar looks lovely but if it is mega expensive I am sure you can make your own as well.
    So sorry to hear a fellow artist has died, a small community I am in on the internet had a similar thing happened the other week and it is very upsetting.
    On a brighter note I love your art. All the pages you are showing us today are beautiful but I think the first one is the one I ammost drawn too. It is similar to your blog header which I adore, Love the face and the stitching with the button which is behind it and the frondy piece is most beautifully coloured in.
    But then I cannot help but fall in love with your little bird on the curvy journal. Love the idea of a curvy journal anyway - was it bought like that or did you make it yourself?
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Easton Market looks a great place to go for a treat - sadly places that sell organic or vegetarian food often do have higher prices.
    Your journal pages look superb - especially love the colours in the bottom one!
    Very belated T Day wishes, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous art work as always ~ wishing you a lovely weekend ~ ^_^

    Living moment by moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love those birds too ~ did you color them yourself? ~ Love the colors ~

    Hope warmer weather has found you ~ Happy Weekend ^_^

    Living moment by moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just called back to say Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving those journal pages, and that cafe serving plant based-based food sounds perfect for someone like me. My mother has Reynauds, so I know how unpleasant it can be. Take care. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely work Linda, and the smoothie looks good. Sorry about Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great work, the curly book is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Some more fabulous art, I especially lobe your curved journal. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your collages are so very interesting luv all the suprise motifs you add

    Happy you dropped by my blog

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Linda, always enjoy peeking in to see what you have been up to. What a cool curvy journal and I love your painted page. Happy PPF to you. XXO

    ReplyDelete
  27. We all need to be brave and bold. Happy PPF
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  28. Another fabulous spread in your journal Linda. I am so sorry to read about Eileen, she was a regular at Try it on Tuesday and I'm sure she will be greatly missed by all.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. You've been very creative again. We move clocks on 28th. It was snowing today, wet snow...Have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Another gorgeous page, Linda! Great design!
    As for your curvy journal, it is really amazing!
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for Try it on Tuesday
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy Birthday to You ~ hope you have a delightful celebration the way you would want ~ Love and hugs, Carol and Angel ~

    Living moment by moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  32. today my favorite is the birds. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Each of your creations are special and creative ~ Xo

    Living moment by moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hope you a good weekend ~ Thanks for your visit and comments ` looking forward to your next post ~ Xo ~ love all your art ~

    Living moment to moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!