Monday, May 30, 2016

Monday Mix

 As I sit and type this post on Memorial Day evening my thoughts continue to be with remembering the many fallen soldiers during the wars, along with those who continue to fight for our protection and freedom.
 Usually this is a day of picnics and the gathering of family and friends. We don't have picnics anymore but did spend a nice afternoon at our neighbors celebrating Buzz's 75th birthday.

 The weather has been hot and pretty humid as you can see above but today the rain held off and the humidity came down so it was a perfect day for celebrating outdoors. This is a quick card I made for him:


 I had been sending Buzz funny cards the last several days but yesterday he lamented not getting a handmade card from me . So today I got this together and wrote a poem about bears for the inside since I nicknamed him "the bear" some time ago:)



 For Elizabeth and friends for T Stands For Tuesday I am sharing my poppy mug of coffee along with an authentic Irish currant scone from McCarthy's Red Stag Pub. If I had eaten it there it would have come with some clotted cream and jam. Elizabeth was lamenting last week about not being able to find a true scone. I am only sorry that I can't send you one of these Elizabeth because I know you would LOVE it.

 And one last entry for the theme of  "Journeys" hosted this month by Erika for Art Journal Journey:



 This is how I created the page:


 A stencil (Paris cathedral from Artist Cellar) was used with stencil paste at the corner (you can see bits of color here and there-remnants left on the stencil previously as I rarely clean paint from them-however it is important to always clean off any other mediums you may use!). I then used Post-It papers to make masks for the sun rays. Pan pastels were used for the coloring along with a white uni-ball Signo pen for the dots. One of the yellow pastels I used has a lovely shimmer but unfortunately I couldn't capture it in the photo.
 Thanks Erika for a great theme and for being a wonderful hostess at AJJ!

 Wishing everyone a great week ahead, and thanks for popping in!

         " Let your hopes, not your hurts, shape your future."    Robert Schuller


22 comments:

  1. That's once yummy looking scone. And a really cute card. We have some hot and humid weather too but yesterday was rainy, damp and cold. And I love your last journey piece for AJJ. What a very clever way to use that stencil. I think it makes a very rich page and has a lot of symbolism too. Happy T day! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I love that sun. It's a real beauty. And how cleverly you used a part of that stencil to your advantage. I would never have seen that.

    Congrats to your neighbor on 75 years young. Had to laugh at the card, too. It was perfect.

    I have made my own scones before, but yours looks so much more enjoyable. Mine are like sweet biscuits, and yours looks similar, albeit much taller than mine. And of course, it's the thought that counts when it comes to the scones. I hope you enjoyed yours much more than I mine.

    Thanks for sharing your beautiful AJJ entry, the fun handmade card, and the wonderful scone and coffee with us for T this soon-to-be Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your last journal page for Erika's theme, really beautifully made, thanks from me and AJJ! That scone would fit well with the coffee I'm drinking just now!Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an awesome Card... i wish the weather would be more constant and warm here, a lot of severe weather the last days...
    that stenciling is GREAT!! nice you Show us the "how to".
    oh, and i would take that scone, too;)
    have a great week, linda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful stencil. It reminds me of the window in the cathedral of Reims.
    Your journal page is stunning. Very appropriate quote too. I love it.
    A fun card for Buzz. Is Buzz 75? Or is Buzz a child? Whichever, the card is great. I'm sure he'll love it.
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that journal page over at AJJ! I had to post one last Journey page too ;-) Such a fun theme this month.
    Hugs,
    Michelle ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love everything about your lovely sun ray piece dear Linda.
    So funny that you have your lovely poppy cup to share today (you'll see when you visit me). Your yummy scone does look like the real thing. Today I'm having a quinoa and spelt scone that we picked up at a place called Le Pain Quotidien.
    Sweet card for your friend...Buzz is a catchy nickname.
    Happy T Day oxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. That poppy cup is lovely, and your tasty-looking scone makes me conscious of having skipped breakfast ;) Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love the art today Linda!!! A great birthday card too :) We had a break in the humidity yesterday too so I worked outside of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know Linda i don't think i have ever had a scone! i may have to remedy that one day..lol I love your journal page! And really appreciate you taking the time to show us how you did it. Happy happy Tday my dear!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun card you made!! You journal page is lovely and I'm glad you showed your process.
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. An amazing page Linda - super clever made with this stencil - wow!
    This scone looks yummie - indeed... and the card is pretty nice - always lovely to have nice neighbours ... that makes life good.
    We had also good weather - yesterday arrived rain..but today at least sun again... we will see.
    Happy T - Day and happy week dear Linda - thanks a lot for another fab last page to AJJ!
    ♥♥♥
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Scone looks and sounds just wonderful, what I'd give to have a GOOD one about now...*grin*

    Didn't you know it is forbidden to give a store bought card to anyone who knows you make them?.....LOL!

    Happy T-day

    ReplyDelete
  14. A super journal page and a very delicious looking scone. Happy T Day.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. a really marvelous journal page...love the texture on the sun and the way you did the rays! the scone looks positively yummy too! happy T day!♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful journal page with lovely texture ~ my favorite is the 'bear' card for your friend ~ so sweet and creative ~

    Weather is maddening ~ one day hot ~ next day freezing ~ oh well ~ ^_^

    Happy Week to you ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh yes…that's hot!!! Love your journal page and your coffee and scone! Happy T day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  18. The mug caught my attention. I just today blogged about how much I like poppies. Your art page is great, thanks for explaining the process you used.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thats such a fun card! Made me smile when I saw it :)

    That scone looks delicious!

    I love your sun piece... another great quote.

    Really cold here today.... I went out in boots and my winter coat!!!! I hate to be cold!!! Crazy weather... At the weekend it was burning hot....

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  20. A wonderfully sunny and tasty post!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Linda, I sent you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Linda, thanks so much for coming to Marmelade Gypsy and welcoming me to T. I think I should very much like to join you for tea at the Stag Pub if that scone was part of the plan! It looks delicious! And your page is simply lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!