Monday, December 10, 2018

It's Feeling a Lot Like Christmas!


 Hello Peeps! How is everyone faring with the holidays? I'm getting there but not quite done with my cards yet....just when I thought I was ahead...

 First up I'll share a few more pics of Cape May (continued from my last post):

 this restaurant sits across the street from the harbor just over the bridge leading into Cape May

 This was the first time in 25 years we decided to try this restaurant known to be a place where the locals love to hang out. And it did not disappoint!

 This is just part of the menu:


 They have a wonderful wood burning fireplace:


 which I would have LOVED to sit by but hubby said he'd roast :(


 Bill says "hi" to our T Stands For Tuesday peeps-lol!


 Hubby chose their gourmet burger and I had the crab and shrimp patty on a brioche bun. Yum- hardly any fillers! He had a beer and I had a sauvignon blanc and we both had water too. The waitress was very sweet and friendly. We loved the atmosphere, the restaurant area and the bar area too and will definitely come back even though it's on the outer edge of town. Our lovely waitress surprised us with this at the end of our meal:


                     two complimentary hot chocolate shots!

 Now for the art part of my post. First I want to share these lovely handmade gifts one of my BFFS surprised  us with when the 4 of us got together recently:


 She made whisks filled with Hershey Kisses, and aprons made from vintage fabric her mother gave her!! I love this cheerful apron.

 Not long ago I won some prizes from online challenges. Well, my Ranger surprise pkg. arrived:

 It was a very generous gift of a set of Dina Wakley's new washi tapes, watercolor papers and background collage papers!! I kept the packing tape to use in my art journal:):) I also received my three new brushes from Painting With Jane (which I ordered during a special sale) and can't wait to have the time to use them!

 I used the new Dina washi tapes to make a money holder meant for the Simon Wednesday Challenge (Wrap It Up):


 I simply put the tapes across a large tag, sewed around the edges, folded it as shown, added embroidery floss to the spine to hold the money, and embellished with dimensional sparkly stickers. I will also link to Moo Mania for the theme of "trees".

 For the new Simon Monday Challenge (Warm Winter Wishes) and Try It on Tuesday (Winter Wonderland) I made a trio of ATCs:


 There's a close up of one at the top of my post and here's another:


 and you want to know how I made the dimensional snow???



with this: 

 I don't have a stencil that in any way resembles falling snow so I made my own by using two different sized hole punches on a piece of cardboard. I used white embossing paste thru the "stencil" and was quite pleased with the outcome!  Other products- acrylic paints, washi tapes (Recollections), glitter tree stickers (Michaels), Tim Holtz Small Talk Occasions stickers, and a white gel pen.

 Finally, for Art Journal Journey hosted this month by Bleubeard and Elizabeth with the theme of "Tis The Season or My Favorite Season" I have this journal page:


 a very simple cut and paste using patterned paper, a quote from a magazine, red marker, and a photo I cut from and old Christmas card.

 I will also link later in the week to Paint Party Friday. Have a super week ahead everyone, and thanks for your visits!

                       " Winter can be so cold with nothing to warm-
                        bask in the sweet memories of your life
                        and you will then be warm."      Linda Kunsman

45 comments:

  1. I love your sparkly little ATC trees on those fabulous backgrounds. The AJJ page is great with all the sprigs of greenery and that lovely pinecone.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of beautiful art again.I especially like the money pocket. You were treated very well at that restaurant, it all looks great. Congrats on your wins, enjoy! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, you win a LOT of free merchandise. I am super impressed and impressed with the win, too.

    Lots of great art today, including the adorable ATCs and the money pocket. Of course I fell in love with your adorable journal page for Art journal Journey. Thanks for sharing it with us and linking to my theme there.

    You found a great restaurant. Looks like your meal was wonderful and the chocolate shot at the end was a really smart move by the owners. You will definitely be back, now. Thanks for sharing your meal, water, alcohol, and chocolate shots with us for T this almost Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks and sounds a great place to go, Linda...lucky you, being able to!

    Fab washi tape and brilliant projects. LOVE your ATCs - thought they were cards at first and that you'd painted them. Such lovely, bright colours.

    Thanks for sharing your art with us at TIOT this week.

    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! Linda I love this very christmasy post ~ lots of wonderful creativity ~ and what a great restaurant you found at your favorite place to get away ~ will be back ~

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You won some really nice things-congrats and enjoy!!
    Your meal at the restaurant sounds so delicious and hi back to your Husband!
    Great cards and art! you've been bus-hugs
    happy T Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those glittery trees on that vibrant background! And your prize package looks like loads of fun! Some very yummy goodies to play with.
    And it looks like you had fun in Cape May.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have some really inspirational holiday art today Linda. I really enjoyed seeing it. And the burger looks good. We had our Monday night breakfast for supper, and I can't say it filled me up, so I could go for some of that burger right now. Nice winnings from Ranger.Those Dina Wakely things look like lots of fun! Have a happy T day Linda. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. You continue to amaze me with your art Linda....

    Lovely additions to your art supplies... cant wait to see what you do with them :)

    I especially love the pine cone journal page...

    Heinz Ketchup? Is your OH a fan?

    Kx

    ReplyDelete
  10. More super photos of your trip away and the meal you had looks delicious.
    Your crafting goodies look great, you will enjoy using them.
    Thank you for adding your beautiful ATC's to our Try it on Tuesdays theme , the glitter makes them sparkle like frost on a winters day.
    The other projects looked awesome as well.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very happy post with lots to see and and enjoyn with you.Love all of you projects and especially the ATCs.

    Have a great T Day

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh you've been busy...
    Good I had my salmon brunch before coming here :)
    Your cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your homemade stencil, so clever! Wonderful cards, Linda❤️

    ReplyDelete
  14. Money holder is so colorful and creative and delightful for the season ~ ^_^

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great photos of your trip and the meal looks simply delicious.
    Your winnings are fabulous! Great you were the lucky winner as you are for sure made good use of all this!
    Thank you for linking your beautiful ATC's to Try it on Tuesday and the fantastic page to Elizabeth's AJJ collection!
    Your art never cease to amaze!
    Happy T day wishes dear Linda!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's Tuesday ~ where does the time go ~ LOL ~ Love your header for the holidays and those ATC's really stand out and so beautiful!

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing more photos of your holiday. What a lovely place. The restaurant sounds really nice (especially with that fire). The menu has lots of really yummy things. But there was one strange item on it (bottom right) Pico de Gallo, which in Spanish means 'rooster's beak'. Now that does not sound very appetizing... Any ideas what that could be? I spotted it because our address is Pico Grajo which means 'rook's beak'. And my eye just went to it.
    Your cards and ATC are beautiful. Well done for making your own stnecil!
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pico de gallo- at least here, is also known as a salsa fresca :)

      Delete
  18. I want to eat at that restaurant -several times lol

    I love the ATCs and how you made the snow and arranged the pieces. I've actually made some ATCs, so it's an art form I feel a connection with. Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you had fun on your travels, your hubby made me smile saying "hi" 😁. Your meal looks delicious and wow, those chocolate shots must have been yummy too! I love the stencil you made it worked beautifully on your pretty winter wonderland cards - perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday and wishing you a happy T Day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  20. You've been busy! Love all the festive art work you've made, and your restaurant visit looks like it was fun and yummy! happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a pretty apron! Your ATCs are festive and a clever way you made snow. the journal page would make lovely gift wrap and I love the quote about the pine cones. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely to see your beautiful art.
    Thanks for sharing more photographs, looks good.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  23. Enjoyed seeing where you've been and what you are creating. I thought your own stencil for the snowflakes was very clever. Looks like you are ready for the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sorry to be so late to tea. The winter holiday time is always crazy busy for my business. Better late then never ;-)

    Love your cheery white Christmas tree card, Linda. Say "hi" to Bill back from me ;-) Lucky Bones looks very inviting - cozy fireplace, great-looking ood AND good service.

    The whisk gift with chocolates is really clever. What a perfect way to use up vintage fabric. I love the pattern.

    What fabulous prizes from Ranger, you lucky lady!

    Lots of great art this week. I enjoy seeing your creations.

    Belated Happy T-Day! Eileen xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful artwork. Also, my husband wouldn't sit by the fireplace either! Great diner and food! I love the name too, almost as good as "Doo Dah Diner". :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. header is soooo great for the season ~ Wonderful!

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yes, Linda ~ beautiful post ~ all wonderful creations!

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your cards are beautiful, Merry Christmas Linda! Going to zoom in on that cape cod menu, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy PPF and have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely seasonal post. Thanks for sharing the happy photos.
    Joyful weekend ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the pinecone creation ~ delightful and creative as always ~ Xxo

    Happy Day to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh the crab and shrimp sounds so yummy. Thanks for sharing your nice art again this week Happy you dropped by my blog Linda


    Much😇love

    ReplyDelete
  33. So much lovely art to see Linda especially love your piece for AJJ. Your handmade Vintage apron and filled whisk are wonderful gifts, so useful.
    Happy PPF Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lovely ATC's and money holder. Fab gifts and prizes.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your cards look fantastic! I made most of my cards this year and it took WAY longer than I had allocated, so a lot of them will probably arrive late. Oops. Happy PPF and hope you have wonderful holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  36. LOVE the cards and the beautiful photos! Handmade cards are the best. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  37. What is it with these men of ours who don't like to sit by open fires? Bill looks pleased to see the ketchup though!! I love your ATCs and money purse! I thought I was ahead with my cards but found I was some short so it was back to the Christmas box again!! A very belated Happy T Day,Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hope you are having a delightful and creative weekend ~ Xox

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the 'snow stencil' you created and wishing you the loveliest week ahead ~ always great to have you visit and sharing your comments ~Xox from Ms. Z and me ~

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful artwork! You've certainly been busy, and it all looks wonderfully festive! I'm still not really getting in the mood, and only one week to go. That sounds and looks like a lovely restaurant! And the apron looks great, what a wonderful gift to get!

    ReplyDelete
  41. So lovely to have you 'visit' always great to see on my blog ~ am going to send you an email ~ Xox

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Beautiful cards! And it's so nice to see photos of cape may, my favorite place!

    ReplyDelete
  43. love your cards and the way you created the snow.
    Wishing you a fine Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!