Monday, August 26, 2019

Diving Into Art Challenges


 How have you been? Has the weather been OK in your parts? Our heat wave has finally ended and it is now quite delightful-even a bit cool in the early AM! Sadly the next season is sneaking in- leaves are falling, and the sun is setting a good 20 minutes earlier now:(. I'm still hanging on to summer though.

 Today (Monday) is Kyra's birthday so Sunday we had her, Todd and my Mom over for dinner. Her request was a steak and rice stir fry. We also had a salad and fresh baked Tuscan garlic bread before having the chocolate cake for dessert. A few pics:

 Kyra loves her dry red wine (that's my girl!) so we got her a nice bottle and a bottle aerator.

 She adores "Baby Groot" (it's a character from a movie but I don't recall what movie as I hadn't seen it-maybe some of you know) and was thrilled I found a Baby Groot online that she can use as a planter or pencil holder!!

 and besides wine, this girl loves her chocolate! So I made her a dark chocolate cake with mini chocolate chips, and a chocolate glaze. Happy birthday Kyra!!

 I'll share our drinks with the gals over at T Stands For Tuesday :)

 Finally getting back into the swing of things by entering some of my favorite blog art challenges. First up this card is for the Simon Wednesday Challenge (CAS) which I made for Kyra:


 Products: large white notecard; Neenah Classic Solar White #110 card stock; Tim Holtz Plaid Layering stencil; Altenew Peony Bouquet stamp and die set, Label Love set; Inks: Archival - Rose Madder, Sky Blue, Leaf Green. Distress ink - Mowed Lawn; Colorbox Fluid Chalk ink - Prussian Blue; Versafine Onyx Black ink; Simon Says Stamp Moonshine Sequins.

 For the Simon Monday Challenge ("S" is for...) and Tag Tuesday (Purple) I made a Halloween tag:


"S" is for my Sassy witch! Manila tag sponged with Inkadinkado Pearlescent Purple spray ink. The witch collage ATC is one I designed for ARTchix Studio some time ago. Other products: Marabu Black Art Spray; Archival Jet Black ink; spider ribbon (Celebrate It!); sentiment (Tim Holtz Small Talk Occasions Stickers); bat sticker, and black enamel dot (Recollections).

 And a journal page meant for Art Journal Journey (theme is Anything With Eyes), and Paint Party Friday:

     These were just the beginning layers to my page-lol


 The finished page in my 8" x 10" Dina Wakley Media journal. Other products: Dina Wakley Collage Tissue Words and washi tape; acrylic paints; gesso; stencils; music sheet and dictionary papers; Posca Pens; Stabilo All black pencil. The face is one I've painted before and made a photocopy of the outlines to trace and to recreate on this page.

 Enjoy the last of our August days my friends!

"In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. 
For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed”.
- Khalil Gibran 



37 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Kyra-sounds like a really nice birthday.
    I really love your journal page very much. You enjoy these last August days as well-Happy T Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a fun little family party. Groot is from the Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers which is a MArvel Comic series. As I write this I am rewatching one of the films with Groot. I think she has good taste. And I love the art too. It's a good point not to feed fears, which is way to easy to do. I hope you get a little more warm weather as we are having the same, and happy T day Linda. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda! Kyra's birthday dinner sounded so delicious. She's a very happy person and looked so thrilled with her gifts. Mmmmm that chocolate cake :D)
    All those layers on your journal, and the final result are gorgeous... topped off by the beautiful words - they're so true. Great work! Cheers :D) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of wonderful art again, and thanks so much for making a purple tag for Michele's challenge. Sounds like Kyra had a great birthday party and you all had fun together. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy b-day to kyra:)
    oh my, halloween is approaching? where does the year go? love your art and the quote about fear...
    happy t-day - xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I apologize. I fell asleep reading your post. It was NOT boring, I was just so tired from earlier today.

    I hope Kyra had a great birthday. I can tell you care a lot for her, Linda. She looked like she was having fun with her wine and aerator. That cake looks good, too. Thanks for sharing her birthday and drinks with us for T this Tuesday.

    The background of that journal page is gorgeous. The girl is beautiful nd the sentiment is one we all need to remember. Her bright wide eyes are also perfect for Gill's theme at Art Journal Journey, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post Linda.
    Looks like your daughter had a fabulous birthday - I adore her baby Groot gift - and I can hear Vin Diesel in my head with those 3 words 'I am Groot' .... I'm assuming you must now know about that :)
    Super tag and card - love those altenew stamps and dies - I am addicted to them lately.
    And thank you for joining in with us again at AJJ. Thats a power quote - and I love everything about your glorious arty page. Wonderful background and girl!
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great post Linda and fantastic art projects.
    Happy Birthday to Kyra, the birthday cake looks delicious.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, Kyra ~ she is beautiful and what a gift you two are to each other ^_^
    Love her birthday card created by you too.

    Happy Day to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful artwork! I am loving that card and the pretty flower.
    Groot is adorable and I bet he would make a great planter. The cake looks yummy and she certainly chose a delicious sounding birthday dinner.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're getting cooler weather here this week, too, but that means upper 80s instead of upper 90s lol It makes a difference, though. Happy Birthday, Kyra! "I am Groot." I can't tell you how sad I was when the Groot text messaging number quit working. I'm a big fan of Groot :) I like that sassy witch. Halloween coming up brings witches more to mind than usual. Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday to Kyra 🎂. I’ll have a piece of that chocolate cake, please. Lovely artwork. My favorite is the sassy witch. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet card for your daughter. And wonderful media journal. Thanks for sharing photos of your beautiful daughter. I think you gave her a beautiful birthday! Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Be you. Be strong. Be enough." really caught my eye. Fabulous and inspiring page.

    I don't know about Baby Groot either, but Kyra looks happy and lovely. What a nice celebration you had for her.

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday wishes to Kyra, it looks like you had a wonderful time celebrating! Such happy photos 😁. Lots of amazing artwork this week too - fabulous! Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun birthday celebration and lovely artwork!!
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kyra enjoyed all your gifts and the love. Wonderful.Your art is always a gift for all.I love the birthfay card you made for her and I am in awe of the amazing journal page with the great quote. Thank you beyond belief for supporting AJJ again with your amazing art Linda.
    Big hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks and sounds like a great party, especially the chocolate cake! Your artwork is beautiful. I especially like the Halloween tag. Happy T-Day! (Sorry for being late.)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The birthday party looks like fun. It sounds like you hit all the things she likes. I enjoyed looking at the art work you've been doing. I'm out of the loop with challenges but I always enjoy seeing what people create in response to the prompt they are given

    ReplyDelete
  20. happy birthday to Kyra! looks like you had great fun! thanks for linking to tag tuesday -- your purple tage is perfect, i love purple for halloween. all of your art is wonderful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy birthday Kyra! (better late than never) She certainly has been spoilt with fun gifts (No, never heard of Groot)
    The tag is great and perfect for the 'purple' challenge.
    Your art journal page is beautiful (as is the quote). Well done.
    I forgot to say that the metal grids on our windows and doors are pure tradition. Our crime rate is very low. The gates on the carport will have panels on them to shield the car from the hot sun. In summer the car gets so hot, it takes a few minutes of running with the airco before i can get in it. Besides it's not good for the paintwork and the seals around the windows plus the tires will dry out.
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like it was a great birthday for all. :)
    And I love those journal layers!

    ReplyDelete
  23. A Halloween card ~ you are always so prepared with all your creativity ~ love it!

    Happy Day to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the last journal page ~ it is fantastic!

    Happy Day to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful artworks! Love the first one with the inspiring words!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Birthday to Kyra! Wishing her all the best and may all her dreams and wishes come true. Chocolate? OH YUMMY! My favourite! your artworks is beautiful I really love the powerful message behind your work. Very lovely! happy PPF! Have a lovely weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Birthday to Kyra. Lovely art this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oohhh I wish a very happy Birthday to Kira!! This chocolate cake may have been delicious !! Your art works are all Wonderful, Fantastic, love the colours you have used, the tag, the design... all. Great Art !
    I wish you a very nice weekend, enjoy and big hugs,
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  29. It looks and sounds like Kyra had a blessed birthday celebration. Your artwork is as festive and fun as always. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So lovely to have you visit and comment and wonderful artwork always!

    Happy Day to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbour)

    ps. thanks for info and links for ATC's

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wonderful creations. Adore the journal page.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Kyra is lovely and looks happy.
    Your art is beautiful.
    Happy weekend to you and yours xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. This a post full of sweets: gifts, cake, smiles....
    Have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  34. lol, Love Groot too, Seem many people does love to do different situations with the caracter. This baby Groot was only in the last sceens of a SF movie. .

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wonderful birthday celebration for Kyra! She looks quite happy with it all. Lovely tags and journal page. Wonderful background as is the quote.
    So sorry for the delayed visit, prepping for the house move is taking up a lot of time and energy :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!