Monday, October 14, 2019

Dreams,Wishes and Gratitude


 Hello peeps! How are you? We are continuing with warmer than average temps-just so delightful! It does get very cool by night but that's OK. Only had to put the heat on for a bit one night so far, but I am prepared and spent the weekend putting away summer clothes, etc. and bringing out the fall/winter things.

 Eileen is guest host at Art Journal Journey this month with the theme of  Dreams or Wishes. And at Moo Mania and More the theme is Thankfulness (Count Your Blessings) so I will join in with this journal page:


 Most all of you know by now how much I adore the sea/beach. It is a dream and a wish to one day live there. Yet I am ever so grateful that we live within a few hours driving distance and that I get the opportunity to get away at least several times throughout the year. This page was done with all that in mind. I cut a heart shape from one of my beach photos. I also used Tim Holtz Typography and Symphony Collage Papers, cheesecloth, watercolor paint and Golden High Flow paint.

 Speaking of the beach...for the gang at T Stands For Tuesday for my beverage reference I'll share one of the breakfasts we had at the Ocean View Restaurant  in Cape May last month (our go to place for breakfast whenever we are in town):


 On this day I chose blueberry pancakes. I should have cut it open so you could see how loaded these were with fresh blueberries inside-yum! These were quite large and very filling-even though this was considered a "short stack". And coffee as always:)

 The new challenge this week at the Simon Monday Challenge Blog is "All Things Pink" to honor Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I do hope you ALL get yearly mammograms!
Here is the tag card I made:



 Products: Scallop Tag Card (the Paper Cut); Tim Holtz- Wallpaper, Paper Dolls, Clippings Stickers; Distress Vintage Photo ink; washi tape (Recollections); tiny heart shape sprinkles (Doodlebug Design, Inc); butterfly sticker (Paper House).

 And finally I'll share some of the projects I did for Birgit Koopsen and Gelli Arts 30 Day Gelli Arts Challenge on Instagram in September. I wasn't going to do it because I already had other projects going, plus I was going away...but once the challenge began I just couldn't resist joining in:):) Here is the link to her tutorials on various techniques with the Gelli Plate.



  On this day the challenge was to use Pan Pastels. I had never done this before so I followed her technique video and was delighted with the results!


 I just don't use my pastels very often so I chose to use them again the next day for the challenge to use stencils:


 The cards on the left are first pulled prints and on the right the second pulled prints


 I definitely went grungy with these. For the challenge I either did my prints on index cards or circles so I'd have ready made backgrounds for the future circles challenge and index card challenge:)

 Posting to Paint Party Friday later this week - such a fun arty party!

 Also working through my Watercolor Explorations online class but that's for another post. Keeping creative makes me happy:) Wishing you a super week ahead!

" Do not lose hold of your dreams or aspirations. For if you do, you may still exist but you have ceased to live."      Henry David Thoreau

33 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, I really love your beach page very much-that would be pretty in a frame for sure.
    I enjoyed seeing your other art projects too-looked like fun to do!
    wow those are giant pancakes for sure-smiles Happy T wishes Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beach scene page is beautiful! Love all your projects. I really enjoy playing with different mediums and with my gelli plate! Great Thoreau quote! Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have inspired me to try my pan pastels on my gelli plate. I haven't used mine in a long time either. And you made a great dream page. So many great textures and contrasts that work together so well. And yum. I love pancakes. Especially blueberry pancakes. You have made me hungry even though it is almost 9 PM. Have a super T day Linda. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, here, too, as in other places, it warmed up!
    I love the sea, also, and I miss it. Here in Germany it´s sadly cold and often dirty, too.
    Here a mammogram is really expensive and recommended from age 50, so, so far I never had one yet. It that wise? No.
    The card is beautiful, as are the pan pastels!
    Have a happy T-Day (and a great week).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of wonderful art this week, my fave is the beach scene, hope you get to live by the beach one day. Love the gelli prints, too. And that blueberry pancake, yummy, I wish I had it here! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Linda. You have a ton of stencils. I have stencil envy. How clever to make these using index cards. It's a clever idea that you can use them as backgrounds next year. As I've said in the past, I don't love my gelli like you do. Maybe I need some of those stencils, but I doubt that would help.

    I absolutely adore your heart at the beach. It is a great way to interpret Eileen's theme at Art Journal Journey and a beautiful composition, too.

    Your little girls in pink are adorable. I love it.

    But of course, I am now hungry for pancakes, even though I ate just about an hour ago (yes, my days and nights are all turned around). However, I AM drinking coffee, so I will join you with a cup. Thanks for sharing your as always incredible, impressive, and inspiring art, as well as your pancakes and coffee with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your art journal page is gorgeous. I love the heart. Ocean themes are one of my favorites too. I always wanted to live in a house right on the ocean, but high on a cliff, in case of a hurricane, so it wouldn't get flooded. But it's just a dream: I will never be able to afford that. I'm grateful to live near the water, though, so I can go take photos. I like your tag. The Pan Pastels technique you used to make your art came out great. Your breakfast looks delicious. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG filled with such amazing art is this week's post Linda! Fantastic and I can only say THANK you very much for supporting AJJ and Moo Mania & More . Would love the blueberry pancakes now.....after lunch.
    Happy T-Day, have a great week. I was able to lie in the sun at the porch this past Sunday as well. We had a Summer day , but now the heating is on.... autumn started.
    Big hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you have created fantastic art pieces this week. I love the beach page and hoe you used the heart to frame the scene. The techniques with the pans pastels looked interesting as well.
    Happy Tday wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pancakes look delicious! I'd enjoy that any time of day :) I like how you did those stenciled pieces. Nice variety. Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous page, Linda! You do such beautiful abstract watercolor. I wish I could get lessons from you. I've been reading and seeing a lot about Golden high flow acrylics and am anxious to try them. They're not affordable in Mexico yet. Thank you for linking this beautiful page to AJJ.

    That's a darling tag for SSS Pink and some great gelli prints with pan pastels.

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful artwork! Your tag card looks amazing, I love the different elements especially the background paper and those little paper dolls with the pink enamel heart - super cute 😀. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and wishing you a very Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the view of the ocean in the heart. I think I'd love to live near the ocean someday. Those pancakes are huge! Looks like you had lots of fun playing with your pastels. Well done, you. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh your mixed media beach creation ~ divine colors and sooo creative!

    Happy Day to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  15. blueberry pancake breakfast sounds delicious! ^_^

    Happy Day to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmm! I would love to taste those pancakes!! Your journal page is fabulous and I love your Pink tag card! I really enjoyed the Birgit Koopsen challenge and like you have lots of backgrounds to use!! Belated Happy T day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am really impressed what you have done with those Pan Pastels! Amazing! I bet you will use them more often now. I am also surprised that they are so big. I had seen pictures on the internet but hadn't realized their size.
    That pancake looks yummy! That is my kind of breakfast.
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy PPF and have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful sea scene-page and sweet tags and another lovely art.
    Happy PPF and weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. There is so much I can relate and I Love in this post. I too have a huge place in my heart for the ocean. There is nothing like it. The courage and be strong piece is really lovely and very special. I could use some strength and courage right now. I also love the textures on the cards! The grungy ones are really cool. Lovely post and have a lovely weekend. Happy Paint Party Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Linda :) Your beach journal page is so pretty! I used to live on Prince Edward Island (Canada) and the beach was 15 minutes from where I lived, it was so nice! But...I'm a mountain mama lol...I moved back to the mountains, but I still have such fond memories of the beach-life! The pan pastel pieces are so nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Woww this is a so so Gorgeous Art journal page Linda !! Love the colours of the sea you have used, and the details are so beautiful, great heart ! Lovely heart tag-card. Wish you had a very happy T-day, this pancake may be delicious.
    I´m so impressed by your wonderful pages, they are espectacular!
    I wish you a very nice weekend, and send big hugss
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful work for the challenges Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely your mixed media piece. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sweet little girls with their lovely message and creative collage work, Linda ~

    Happy Day to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)
    ps. bit behind on commenting ~ be patient ~ thanks. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow, you have been busy. :) I like your journal page and the rest seems like very fun. I have to check out the link you gave. And if it is possible to find those materials. The effeact they give is cool. I have not seen any yet in Sweden.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for the hint of Gelli Plate. I got an idea, let's see if I have time to try it. Your works are interesting: so many different shapes, colors...Pretty!
    Have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I came here from the SSS Monday challenge and found all these other wonderful ideas.

    Diana @ Playing
    https://playingwithoutlimits.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lots of great things on your blog! I love, love, love the ocean too. We live too far away to visit very often, but would love to live closer one day too. It's such a relaxing and peaceful place to visit. :) I love your ocean artwork, just beautiful! I have some Pan Pastels as well and have struggled to use them well. I like what you've shared about using them with stencils, they turned out really lovely! I need to give that a try!

    Thanks for sharing such wonderful things! Happy PPF!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. You always have such creative artworks ~ Lovely!

    Happy Day to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a lovely wishes journal page and All Things Pink card, Linda. The Pan Pastel pages are fabulous. Love the colours and textures! Beautiful artwork!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!