Monday, December 13, 2021

A Mix of This And That

 


 How's it going? Ready or not Christmas is next week! I am learning  more each year to be more relaxed about it all. Nothing gets accomplished when stressed, right? I'm taking a very light online class "December Pause" in which I get an email each day this month with various inspirations via links to poems, songs, art, etc. Liz Lamoreux's class is about taking some time each day to pause, to breathe, and to make a list each day in a journal. The list prompts vary and do give you time to reflect, and to focus . I love this. What are you doing to keep any stress levels down?

 First up, and for T Stands For Tuesday is this new salad recipe I made. I find such relaxation in cooking and baking!



 This farro salad is from chef JoAnne Weir . As soon as I saw it on IG I knew I had to make it. Both hubby and I absolutely loved this hearty, vegetarian salad!! Nutty, crunchy, sweet, and savory- what's not to love😋 The simple vinaigrette was made with EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) and sherry vinegar.
I chose to pair it with Kendall Jackson chardonnay. This pretty glass dish was my great grandmother's. Cheers!

 On to the art:


  Inspiration for this page came from a Nicole Watson 30 Minute Exercise You Tube video. I love her fun, messy art journal pages!

 And here's a page in the Dina Wakley kraft journal that was quick and easy :


 Dina Wakley paints, stencils, collage tissue sentiment.

 And now for a tag:




 I used an old decorative paper from my stash and cut a tag shape from it. I stamped the snowflake (old PSX rubber stamp) using white acrylic paint. The vintage photo was glued down and I added white spatters before finishing with masking tape bits, washi tape and large brad (Recollections), and Tim Holtz Chit Chat stickers. 
 This tag fits several blog challenges this week: the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge (Cold as Ice theme); Try  It On Tuesday Challenge (Snowflakes); and Tag Tuesday (Anything Christmas).Okay, for Tag Tuesday I may have pushed the envelope a bit but hey, what child doesn't want snow and a new sled for Christmas😉

Also happy to be back to Paint Party Friday this week! Have a wonderful week everyone. 🙋
 
   "Imagine that life is working in your favor even when it appears to be working against you."    Alan Cohen


32 comments:

  1. Your art is always so incredible. I am super impressed with the beauty of it all. Each journal page and the tag are masterfully created. Just wonderful. I love your blog header, too. Such lovely art and great mixed media, Linda.

    I can't seem to catch up, so I guess I'm a bit stressed. To think this year I tried to be early getting my cards and tip-ins out.

    Your salad looks wonderful. A true vegetarian delight, too. The plate is beautiful and your wine paired with the salad is a bold choice. Thanks so much for sharing your incredible art and your salad and wine with us for T this almost Tuesday, dear Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I forget to mention it, I want to say thanks for the pretty Christmas card that arrived today. I haven't sent my out yet, but hopefully in the next couple of days. Your salad plate is really pretty. As is your art this week. Thanks for sharing the tag at Try It on Tuesday. It works perfect. I hope you have a wonderful T and a low stress week ahead. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. The salad looks delicious, and I love the antique glass plate.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. As usual I really like your artwork. The tag is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy viewing your art pieces very much. and your class sounds perfect for December stress. Your salad looks delicious too. Happy T wishes Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I´m so with you - cooking/baking is now a relaxing thing to me, too! Rewarding, also!
    And to your great grandmother - it must taste even better with all the memories.

    Love your art, too - I hope for the days "between the years" to get back to this!

    Have a happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous art, love it all, and your tag is perfect for TIOT and for Tag Tuesday, hanks so much for linking to us. Your salad looks wonderful, a wonderful creation, and I love the glass dishes. I have some old glass serving dishes, too. Hav a great week, happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful selection of art pieces Linda. It is a fantastic tag you have linked with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Best wishes for the holiday season.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great art. Art is thoughts you can see - love that! Fun stuff, Linda. I always feel inspired by your art and your food. I need to make a fun salad today! I am goig to remember your quote too - life is working for me, life is working for me - I am going to chant it all day. Happy T-day and hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Luv your tags and other shares today
    Warm Wishes

    Much💟love

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am always so happy to see your beautiful art. You have such a talent. Ohh and that salad looks excellent. Have a wonderful day today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your table setting is so elegant. You go your great-grandmother proud. Lovely eye candy you're sharing this week. The quote about not thinking before speaking just cracked me up. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  13. In English that would have been you DO your great-grandmother proud. 😺

    ReplyDelete
  14. The salad looks delicious, and the dish suits it and I'm sure brings back fond memories :) Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well ~ where to begin ~ your post is just filled with creativity ~ whether cooking or making art ~ lovely ~ LInda ~ Xo

    Happy Week to you,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh Linda, so much to look at, and it's all lovely. I really love the card that is your blog header, with that recycled brown tape - love! Your salad looks delicious too, love a good salad. Love your journal pages and especially your tag, that is really lovely. Happy International T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A wonderful Tag, love the vintage image of the children.
    Thank you for joining us at Tag Tuesday x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your art is amazing. So many lovely things!
    I really like the sound of that farro salad. That would be the sort of thing I used to like (when my teeth we all in good order). And the glass dish is beautiful.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your artwork, especially the tag. I am a fan of vintage. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the idea of being relaxed at this stage but it's hard to accomplish!! I do love the look of that salad though! Your artwork is just beautiful and your tag is gorgeous! Enjoy your December Pause!! Thanks so much for taking time to share with us at Tag Tuesday.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful art and a delicious salad. I have been looking for farro.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pretty! I really like how you paint your background. And that snowfall image is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Have a wonderful weekend, take care and stay safe! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your tag art is awesome ~ thinking of you ~ you are sooo creative !

    Happy Weekend to you,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I find baking very relaxing too. The tag is so sweet and the journal pages are very creative. "Art is thoughts you can see" - that is beautiful. Happy Holidays, dear Linda!!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the art here and the Art is thoughts you can see ~ delightful ~ Xo


    I am a bit behind in commenting ~ Hope to catch up soon ~

    Happy Day to you,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really like the frame you created for the photo. It enhances the portrait :)
    Your tags reminded me of my childhood, in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely art Linda and the tag you shared at Try it on Tuesday is perfect for our Snowflake challenge.
    Best Wishes to you for a lovely peaceful Christmas and a Happy New Year.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love 'messy' art! :)
    Happy holidays from winterland, Finland! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Speaking without speaking generally got me in trouble ~ LOL ~lovely creation though ~ Xo

    Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  31. a beautiful set of shares, especially the tag. thank you for linking to tag tuesday! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!