Friday, March 13, 2015

Celebrations Abound!

Several birthdays/anniversaries/blogiversaries are happening, along with St Patrick's Day festivities the next few days. So get on your party hats!!


 First, a very happy anniversary/blogiversary/birthday to the Paint Party Friday blog!!! Four candles have been blown , and thanks to EVA and Kristin-the amazing hosts- PPF is beginning year 5! I cannot say more about this amazing group- and not just the art that is shared, but also the camaraderie, the friendships made, the tips and techniques, the encouragement, the support, and the cyberspace hugs. Here's to YOU!!

 A bit about this page: background is a deli paper printed from the gelli plate. I printed a black and white photo of myself on a gelli print paper, then just painted in the flesh tone and some blond highlights in my hair. The hat, balloons and cake are dimensional stickers. Words were added digitally.

 There are also several other birthdays amongst friends and family this week so using the latest Freshly Made Sketches prompt:

 I made a few cards like this one:


 Just flipped the design. Here's a detail pic because you can't realize how pretty this is in person with all the soft glitter:


 I am also linking this card to the Simon Monday Challenge Blog  for the theme of "B is For..." In my case it's for birthdays!

 This weekend I am also celebrating St. Patrick's day festivities on Saturday -so long as the weather cooperates...AND my birthday  and 3 year blogiversary on Sunday!!  I began by offering giveaways to begin each year but this year I want to do something a bit different. Rather than offering just a few things I would like to randomly send out happy mail throughout the year as RAKS (random acts of kindness)!! Do you know how much art  I accumulate just through the fun of challenges?? All I ask is that if you wish to receive a little something is to email me at (neenfrance(at)yahoo(dot)com) with your snail mail address. I will note it in my paper address book (I do not keep any of this info on my PC) and promise it will NOT be given out to anyone.

 I have a full weekend and week ahead but promise to get around to visit you. Thank you all so much for making my blogging experience one of the best!! Mwah!

" Celebrate the success of others as you would want others to celebrate yours. What goes around, comes around."     Anon.

37 comments:

  1. What a fun post!
    Happy Birthday (and blogoversary) to YOU!!!
    I love your self portrait - printing on gelli print paper? I've never thought of that... So cool (and the effect is great!)
    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, where to start? I love the way you took the photo and turned it into a wonderful selfie in your usual style! Happy birthday for Sunday and Happy 3rd blogaversary and also Happy St. Paddy's day - not living in Ireland anymore I tend to forget all about it these days! Hope you have a wonderful time celebrating all that's ahead. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your lovely celebration layout- what a fab idea ! The card is very elegant and
    I wish you all the best for your birthday dear Linda!
    Congrats on the blog anniversary!

    xoxoxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely birthday portrait and pretty cards Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic work again, happy PPF, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday and blogversary! Your selfie is really pretty Linda. Love the pretty flowered background. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute portrait!! All ready to party! Happy birthday! or as I like to call it: cake day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome work! Very creative. Have a great birthday,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, actually this composition breathes celebration and joy !! Great!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant quote and creations
    AND
    Party on ... you party girl you!
    Enjoy ♥ Enjoy dear Linda
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your selfie, happy birthday to you and your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tree blog banner is still a favorite of mine! Happy bloggaversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday to you and Love your work on the deli paper! Haven't given deli paper a go yet but, it is on my to do list. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great selfie, and I love the way you made it, so clever.
    I do like your card very much, and yes, showing the close-up adds to the appreciation.
    Happy Paint Party Friday, and I hope we can visit each other for many weeks to come.
    And Happy Birthday and Happy Blogiversary.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a happy page. I really like it. And I agree-PPF is a great group to participate in. People are very supportive and actually check in on other's people's posts which isn't (unfortunately) what sometimes happens-as I'm sure you know. Have a great weekend- and enjoy this spring weather!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is such a fun self portrait you did. (By the way, is there a certain brand of deli paper that you'd recommend?) I also love your elegant take on the FMS sketch. Happy PPF, as well as a blessed upcoming birthday and blogaversary!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! I love that journal page done on the deli paper, Linda! Have a fantastic birthday and, also, enjoy your other celebrations as well. I would LOVE to receive more of your little artworks whenever you want to share. :*)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great idea for a selfie and happy blog anniversary to you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A great piece of art with your gorgeous background. I really like how you did your self portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your adorable selfie! Happy Birthday you beautiful soul you!! So happy to have met you through ppf we are so blessed to have such a supportive group!! Thanks for being so special Linda! Hope you have an amazing celebration...with all the Celtic music playing I am sure you will...What a fabulous month to have a birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You also make this a great experience. The self portrait is a great idea. I love the word camaraderie describing all of us in this together. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great art and lovely card Linda. My advanced birthday wishes to you and happy blog anniversary .
    Hugs
    susan

    ReplyDelete
  23. thats a pretty party hat Linda


    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great job on the selfie!!! Love the card too. It'a a bummer that glitter and metallic's don't show in photos.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful mixed media birthday card to PPF. Love how you painted the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Birthday for tomorrow! I'm loving your PPF Celebration page :)

    I will be emailing you forthwith,

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, you have a lot to celebrate this week!! Love what you did with your selfie. Happy bloganniversary and happy B-day, and happy St Patricksday! I enjoy coming over here every week!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy Birthday to you and wonderful creations as always ~ very creative lady!

    Happy Weekend to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your birthday card& portrait. Happy PPF to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. this Card is super awesome! love your altered photo and everything else, too!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fun photo card! And I love those background butterflies in your second card! Thanks for sharing it at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a festive piece you've painted! And happy birthday to you! 🌼
    I cannot wait to get my gelli plate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very fun card! Love all of those butterflies! Hope you had a great birthday weekend. Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love your beautiful card! The butterflies are gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great portrait and card! Hope you had a lovely birthday and thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congratulations on all fronts, Linda, you certainly deserve it. Your work is always so beautiful, creative and well done. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us. Have a wonderful birthday celebration with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!