Friday, May 4, 2012

Vintage Vogue

    I've just enough time for a quick post in order to be in time for this week's Tuesday Trigger at Moxie Fab World.  I happen to really love vintage and lace so, again, I had to make the time to play.

    Here's the inspiration/trigger:


   Wouldn't you just love to be able to touch these or even wear them?



   Here's the card I made:



   I really had a difficult time photographing this due to the sheerness and shinyness of the organza window and this was the best I could do. First I created the window on the front. The clear  stamp I chose (Papertrey Ink-Mega Mixed Messages) was inked with Versafine Vintage Sepia and stamped onto a square of organza. It was placed behind the window and sewn on the front along the edges. I also sewed around the perimeter of the card. A newer bit of white lace was added at the top. The bottom piece is a vintage bit I had leftover in my stash and it was just the right size for the card. I added a length of silk ribbon over that. It was then embellished with two paper flowers(which almost look pink here but they're a tan color), some vellum flowers and white pearls.

  Wishing you all a lovely weekend. Thank you for your comments-much appreciated.

                       " See the good all around you, even if you have to squint."

7 comments:

  1. Lovely card and take on the sketch! And thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comment. It's very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty...

    Thanks for stopping by my blog... :)
    Happy Crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely! I live that it is so light and airy with its layers. A perfect take on the trigger. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. another thing that we have in common
    lovely laces

    your card is stunning...the sheer greeting is the perfect touch!
    oxo
    p.s. your quote is perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the lace and organza is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Linda - what a beautiful idea - I love the organza window!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!