Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tag Art!

  A short and sweet post today to share some tags I created for a few challenges and also for the online course I'm currently taking. I'm linking my tag art to Glue It Tuesday Inspiration Avenue (Red,White,Blue theme), and Simon Says Stamp and Show(anything goes).

  For those of us celebrating Independence Day July 4th let us remember those who are serving, have served, will be serving our country to protect and preserve the land of the free. God bless America. It's also a big travel day for many so please drive safely.

Products Used: tag-Americana (K & Company); vintage image (ARTchix Studio); cream rayon ribbon (Paper Whimsy); star rhinestone stickers (JoAnne's); Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger).


 Products Used: tag-Americana (K &Company); image-cemetery Angels collage sheet (Collage Stuff); rubber stamp-sheet music (All Night Media); Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger); star nail jewels (Dollar Store); asst. fibers.

 

  For my 52 Weeks of Creative Abundance online class our instructor Christi introduces a new word/theme for the month. She also shares a tag project. "Explore". Christi spoke of taking time to nourish our souls by exploring.  Perhaps there's a little shop in town you pass by but have never taken the time to go in and explore. Perhaps you want to learn something new but have never taken the time to explore taking a class and nourishing your spirit... I actually have been doing just that the last few months in my home town  by visiting local museums with a friend.  For my tag I decided to explore BIG by listing some of the top places I wish to visit some day.

  Glued postcard patterned paper(K & Company) to my journal page. Whitewashed the page. The tag was created using decorative paper, stamps and washi tape. Edges all sponged with Distress Tea Dye ink (Ranger) then glued in place.

  I'll be back Friday to share my Summer of Color project, some art journal  pages, and my visit to a local art museum to see the very special Toulouse Lautrec exhibit. Off to follow le Tour de France on TV for my chair side trip all over France. Tout a l'heure!

"The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence."
                                                                                                                        Denis Waitley

24 comments:

  1. what wonderful little collages, so much spirit packed on to wee tags. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tags, I love them.
    And thanks for leaving a comment on my blog
    Cheers
    Gabriele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 4th of July! Love your Patriot Tag........it says it all!

    Ah, the Tour de France. Here in CO, we seem to have a huge bike ride come through the area at least twice a month, so it's KINDA like being in France!

    Hugs
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tags Linda, and I love your abundance travel art. Wow! Your class sounds really good.
    Have a great holiday.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful tags. Love the "explore" one! Happy 4th to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your Little Patriot is so cute! Like the heart stamp on Christi's tag. Well, I like all stamps! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these cute tags, Linda - especially like the corners cut like that! Your journal page is very special. I agree, it is so much fun to just explore places nearby. I discovered a little out of the way shop that is chock full of fun finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh these are wonderful creations ! Happy 4th to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tags, perfect for this time of year. Happy 4th! Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Linda, your tags are all so gorgeous! Love the great theme and beautiful papers you used. Thank you so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What charming and creative tags! I think it's great to visit new places, I tend to visit the same places that I love so much, but newness can be inspiring too... Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely tags, I love how vintage their looked :). Happy 4th of July!. Are cooking something special??.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all your tags especially the third one with all its yummy layers.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your tags! Happy "Glue it Tuesday" on Wednesday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I'm loving the first one. I want to be that happy go lucky little girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your tags are fabulous and I especially love the last one because of its international style ;) ♥ Conny ♥
    Mix It Monthly

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Linda thanks for sharing these lovely tags. Some really great ideas here with the prompts from Christi - yes we all need to nourish our souls with our art by exploring new places and new ideas!
    Hugs from Australia,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such lovely tags! Especially love the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful tags Linda ... I especially love the patriotic girl in the first one. So sweet.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stopping by from IA. Your tags are great, lots of detail.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are both wonderful! Love the first for it's whimsy and cuteness, and the other for the vintage feel and old world style, both patriotic and perfect to celebrate! Fab work here! Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us here at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful work!.. Love your little patriot. If I wasn't looking close enough, I thought it almost looked like Shirley Temple!!.. Love your travel dreams tag too!.. Hope you're enjoying your weekend, and are keeping cool! ~tina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!