Monday, June 17, 2019

SUMMER!


  Hello!!! It's been awhile but for good reason. Hubby and I were able to get away again to our beloved Cape May mostly to attend a special jazz event. And it was only because friends and other people we got to know on our last visit in May told us we just had to come:) And it was awesome!!

 We chose to support this event and became one of George's Angels - a beautiful cause to honor George Mesterhazy who was an amazing musician. He died suddenly and unexpectedly at the age of 59. His fiancé (who owns the Merion Inn restaurant which we have been going to 26 years now) organized this to bring renowned jazz musicians, vocalists, etc. together to perform and to honor George's legacy. This is the 8th year and we were SO impressed by the whole event and concert that we already plan to attend next years! The theme of this concert was "Come Rain or Come Shine" and it was so appropriate as we did experience intermittent rain storms and sun during our stay. But we did get some gorgeous downtime at the pool on two afternoons:)

 Here are just a very few photos as we chose to just enjoy this special day. It began on Sunday mid morning with a private brunch at the Convention Hall where the concert would be held that evening.



 This was our view from the table. And I'm only sorry i took such a bad pic of the food because it was delicious!! There were several quiches- I had the spinach feta one, a cinnamon French Toast casserole also on my plate, coffee, tea juices, water, a large fruit bowl, hash browns, sausages, and a few other things I can't remember. It was a lovely way to begin the event and to meet some of  George's friends, and renowned musicians and orchestrators and singers.  Joining T Stands For Tuesday - it's good to be back!
 After the brunch we were invited to their dress rehearsal and we stayed quite a long time- it was fascinating to watch, and mingle with the artists and people who knew George.


This is Larry McKenna- a world known tenor saxophone player for over six decades! And he still plays as beautifully and smoothly as he did many years ago. At the piano is Barry Miles a famous musician, composer and director extraordinaire. Just the nicest, most humble guy, really as were all the others we met and talked with. On the bass in the back is Tim Lekan. Also performing were David O'Rourke, Bob Shomo, Paul Jost, Paula Johns, and Dean Schneider - all who were friends of and worked with George. Next post I'll share a few pics of the after party:)

 Art time! 

 This is meant for the Simon Monday Challenge (Transport It), Try It On Tuesday (It's a Man's World), and also for the Index Card a Day Challenge:


 Background is a Gelli Plate print on deli paper. Tim Holtz Paper Doll, Small Talk Occasions sticker, washi tapes, and a repurposed postage stamp.

 Here is my first week of ICADS (can't share them all here as there are too many  so I'll spread them out in my posts- or you can find them daily on Instagram):






 For the month of June all of my card backgrounds start with Gelli Plate deli paper prints. I'm trying to use them up so I can make more:):) If you have any ? about other supplies/products just ask me in the comments. 

 And if you're still with me- thank you! Here's one more bit of art- a journal page meant for Art Journal Journey hosted by Halle this month with the theme of "Words to Live By":


 Dina Wakley: Media Journal, collage tissue Faces, Words, Backgrounds, washi tape, paints- Cheddar, Peacock, Lime. Lg letters- foam stamps (Making Memories); alphabet stamp- Dylusions Basic Backgrounds; Marabu Art Spray- black; Jet Black Archival ink; black, white, orange, green, blue  Posca Pens; charcoal pencil; white, clear gesso.

 Also joining Paint Party Friday. Aah, Friday, which is also the Summer Solstice here in the Northern Hemisphere! I will absolutely celebrate it with lots of summer themed songs, enjoying the outdoors!!

 Thanks so much for taking the time to pop in- much appreciated. Looking forward to catching up in blogland again!

   " Cuz a little bit of summer is what the whole year is about."    John Mayer

43 comments:

  1. What a fabulous time you must have had in Cape May. Honoring a musician friend is always a good thing. I love being a patron, too, and am so impressed you are doing the same. Your brunch looks wonderful. Ironic that I had quiche this evening before I tackled T posts (which I knew would make me hungry). Thanks for sharing, including your coffee and water for T this Tuesday.

    LOVE your ICADs. Yours are SO much more impressive than mine. I love them all. I wish I was on Instagram, but I'm thrilled you are sharing them here.

    Your journal page is wonderful. The words you chose show the love that is in the page. Great entry for Halle's theme at Art Journal Journey, too. Thanks so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Jazz concert sounds wonderful. How fun that is was a whole day event. The food sounds delicious!
    Love your index cards! Beautiful art.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome event to attend, I love that kind of music too-sounds like a wonderful time.
    always enjoy seeing all of your art too Happy T wishes Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had such a fun trip and your food looks great. Lots of wonderful art, too. Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. your post has such a summer feeling ♥ and i enjoy the icads, even if i saw them on IG, because i like to see them enlarged:) happy t-day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful artfest, Linda! So much wonderful art - I'm being drawn to ICAD, albeit a little late. I may just have to go back and catch up on all the days' prompts and try to catch up. Sounds as if you had a fabulous time and so much fun. I'm glad to hear it! It's always nice to 'come home' though, isn't it? Love your blog header, too - I automatically responded, 'Le mien aussi' when I'd read it - I LOVE the sunshine :-) Sadly, we've seen very little here in the UK and especially in the NW, but heyho, such is life.
    I'm so pleased your challenge entry came in on one of my numbers and even more pleased you played along with us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your trip away and the concerts sound great, wonderful photos as well.
    The art projects all looked fantastic, you shared a super collection of Icads.
    I am thrilled you shared the masculine styled one with your current challenge theme at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Happy T day wishes Linda.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great cause and a good reason to visit. It looks like a wonderful time! This is a great time of year to visit too. ANd loving your art today too. Your ICADS are gorgeous. Happy T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Jazz concert sounds great and what a lovely place and beach view too.
    Your art work is beautiful,
    Have a Happy T Day
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never traveled East coast but it is on my bucket list. Your ICADs are lovely and all so different.
    Your journal page for Words to love by is really awesome as well. The bold colors and texture in the background really speak to me.
    Happy T day too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely catch up, Linda! Even though I see your icads on Instagram I love seeing them all together here. 😄 So glad you had a wonderful time at your favorite spot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful photos and beautiful artwork. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The event sounds like great fun :) Spinach feta quiche is one of my favorites, but it all looks good to me. Those views draw me in, and I'm having a Holiday in my Head at your beach ;) Thank you :)

    I've been looking forward to seeing the ICAD offerings this year -so much inspiration for me :) I'm researching how gelli plates might work for ATCs. Your backgrounds are wonderful!

    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love jazz and you got that plus your favorite place ~ Cape May ~ so glad you had a delightful time ~

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful 'collage header' ~ great for the summer ~ ^_^

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Cape May vacation sounds fabulous, Linda. I'm impressed that you managed to keep up with your art. You made some really special pieces. I really love the Make a Mess and You are ... Fab backgrounds!

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love not just the amazing wonderful page and all those impressive Icads, l love the whole posting ,what awonderful time in Cap May must this have been!!! Thank you very much for joining Art Journal Journey again with this wonderful page dear Linda and thank you for your support of Try Iton Tuesday! Big, big hugs Susi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your food sounds wonderful, and so does the concert. What a fun thing to get to attend. Love your index cards. I have a lot of geli plate prints to use up. But it is more fun to make more, then of course when you get it out and use it, you make 2 dozen more! LOL Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The jazz concert sounds fabulous and the food looks delicious. Now I'm thinking about French toast for breakfast! Thank you for sharing the delicious eye candy. I'll look forward to seeing more of your ICADs. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  20. I enjoyed visiting the Jazz Festival with you, just my thing ...lol 😉. Glad you had a lovely time! Wow, your index cards are fabulous especially your man's world one, the colours and elements are perfect! Beautiful journal page too! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday and sending you happy T Day wishes! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  21. OOhh Cape May seems to be a wonderful time, enjoying the concert and great people!! Your meal looks delicious, Happy T-day !!
    Your Art page is fantastic, and I love your gorgeous Icads.
    I wish you a very nice Thursday,
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  22. What wonderful art on an index card! ~ Cape May must inspire ~ there is so much lovely art here ~ !

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful background with this Gelli Plate print on deli paper!
    Wish you a happy day! Rike

    ReplyDelete
  24. And somehow I missed your piece for Try It On Tuesday Linda. It was too busy of a morning I guess. But big thanks for joining us with our It's a Man's World challenge. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful art.
    Happy PPF and weekend 🌸

    ReplyDelete
  26. your summer is off to a great start! Beautiful work for the challenges and always enjoy your food photos!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the winging it card!!! So true!
    All are terrific and fun read about Cape May
    Leeanna, now in Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think my fave icad is the top one with the man.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely gelli-work creations! ~ never know which to comment on ~ all so lovely!

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the last creation ~ 'You are.....' ~ Lovely work, Linda ^_^

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your cards can be quite meaningful. Like the "Lost in translation"
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  32. What an amazing evening that must have been! Love what you are doing with the Gelli plate papers. I have so many now because it is just so much fun making them. And I think they multiply when I put them away. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  33. Glad you enjoyed the music festival. Nice pieces 😄😊 for go ahead make a mess

    Happy PPF

    Much🎨🖼🎨love

    ReplyDelete
  34. Nice cards, art cards for every day :)
    Jazz...We listened all kind of jazz last night - Midsummer Eve - it was fun, weather was beautiful, sunny and warm, perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fantastic post! I love all of your art and cards, beautifully done.. I especially love the "Dreams come true in the garden"..so enchanting! Lovely tribute and concert, sounds very special...and fun!
    Wishing you a Happy Summer Solstice
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  36. LOVED YOUR POST! WONDERFUL ART! HAPPY PPF!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your ICADS look gorgeous, every one of them a small Artwork,wow. I also like your Men's card, great background.
    Your Jazz event sounds nice. Beach, good food and music, what will you have more? Such events are soulfood.
    Have a nice summer.
    Hugs
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great art, wonderful photos and what a lovely thing to be able to take part in the Jazz fest. Sounds like you have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a wonderful post! And I love your eclectic pieces. They're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  40. wow, you have been busy. :) Glad you had a great trip.
    and the cards ..... wow!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Sounds like you have a wonderful time away Linda. I love the Icads, the sentiments and images are great and it's a fabulous piece for out theme at Try it on Tuesday too.
    Thanks for sharing, Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Linda! I would probably love that kind of musical gathering. I listen to smooth jazz 24/7. So well, soothing! Especially while I am arting! Love your cards, thanks for the chuckle and grins, just my sense of humor on the funny ones. Enjoy the rest of June! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  43. How fun! I think the garden angel is my favorite! Maybe because I've been spending SO MUCH TIME in the garden! Lol! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!