Monday, June 24, 2019

ICADS and More



 I'll be sharing some of my week 2 index cards ( I have joined in on the Daisy Yellow Index Card a Day Challenge which runs June 1- July 31) along with one I just posted on Instagram earlier today to use for two other challenges as well. My blog banner is from week two as is this one. The quote is a Dina Wakley stamp, the flower silhouettes are a stencil from Magenta,and the sparkly flower stickers are a Dollar Store find:)

 But before I share some others let's go and visit T Stands For Tuesday with a beverage related photo shall we? I'm sharing two more  photos from Cape May a few weeks ago.


 We went to a restaurant/hotel/bar near our motel for a late afternoon meal before heading to our special jazz concert . This was the first time we ate or visited here and liked it very much! Hemingways Restaurant had a nice selection of food, specialty beers and wines along with all the other mixed drinks. It was a Sunday afternoon and pretty empty so we chose to stay at the bar. For my meal I chose a veggie burger and it was one of the best tasting I've had. It had the flavors of cumin and chili (very mild though). Hubby had an Angus beef burger which he claimed as excellent and done to his liking - well done. We will definitely go here again on our next visit to Cape May. The prices were very reasonable as it was happy hour!



 This is a photo of Lois Smith and her niece. Lois is a well known jazz and gospel vocalist who attended the jazz concert and after party. Here she talked with the pianist and then completely charmed us all with a few gospel songs. And can she SING! She had me and several others in tears when she sang Amazing Grace. It was a beautiful way to end the night. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a link to Lois and her career.



 I made this index card especially for the new Simon Monday Challenge (stars and stripes), along with a Gelli Arts Giveaway  and challenge (red, white and blue) on Instagram. I have no idea how to link or add photos to/from blogs to/from Instagram so often I will post a pic on Instagram and tag it but I need to use my blog to post an actual link or photo to a challenge blog.

 In keeping with using up my deli paper Gelli Plate printed papers on this month's cards I have used one for this as well. The stencil (blue) is Tim Holtz Honeycomb. The Small Talk Occasions Stickers are also Tim Holtz. Star is a die cut. Vintage image from my stash. Black gel pen, blue Posca pen, and a bit of sewing to finish this card.

 Here are my other index cards from week 2. I am current on IG but behind in posting them here on the blog. Much easier to post daily on IG:)

              Unfortunately you can't see the glittery sparkle on the feather:(








 And finally, a journal page for Art Journal Journey (theme is "words to live by"):


 I began the background with Tim Holtz Symphony tissue collage paper then grunged it up with some blue and grey inks. The black/butterfly postcard is from my stash. That pretty collaged square in the center of it was a part of a decorated envelope my dear friend Patty S sent me. Quote chip is Tim Holtz.

 I'll also link to Paint Party Friday of course! If you have any questions regarding supplies etc. on the index cards just ask. My post would be way too long if I wrote a descriptive on each one!

 Thanks as always for your visits!

" You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them."             Maya Angelou

39 comments:

  1. Hi, I really love all of your art pieces today-I always enjoy your art but I really like these-the food sounds amazing as does the music.
    Happy T hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your index cards are amazing! Each one is unique. Your journal page has the best texture, especially that center piece with the tissue paper.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy T day Linda. You sound like you had a wonderful trip to Cape May. It was nice to read more about your trip. And I really enjoyed your art too. You made some great ICADS and I really liked the AJJ piece too. Your muse has been giving you lots of inspiration. Have a great T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. The food and music sound enjoyable and your ICADs and the amazing journal page are incredible.Wow! You never cease to amaze with your art and life.Happy T-Day and thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the support of the challenges!Enjoy the week my friend.Big hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of beautiful art, the ICADS are great. Your food an drinks look wonderful. Have a fun week, happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your index cards - though i saw them on insta, i love to see them enlarged here (do i repeat myself? might be)
    happy t-day, linda!

    ReplyDelete
  7. linda, forgot to mention... fred b mullett is closing his company and currently has a sell out on his page with 20% discount... just if you are interested...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your artwork is fantastic, including your new blog header image. That restaurant sounds like a nice place to go to. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, so much amazing artwork! I love all your index card designs, they are so beautiful and inspiring 😁. Your art journal page is fabulous too! Your found a wonderful restaurant as well, I'd love to try the veggie burger and I love listening to jazz! Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your ICADS, especially the feather and the "doody head" one. That's so funny!! Your journal page is absolutely gorgeous!

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your cards. Especially "been there done that" roflol! I'm impressed by the variety of your designs :) I googled that jazz artist, coz we do like jazz here. If the video I found is her https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ7BAu5gNFk she does have a good jazz sound :) What a treat to be able to hear her in person.

    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many fantastic things! Lets start with your journal piece for AJJ...WOW!! Love the texture and layering. It is stunning!
    Your ICADs are wonderful as well
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful quote about flowers always there and lovely collage creation ^_^

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful '4th of july' collage card ~ bet the jazz singer was great ~

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh ! love, love the Keep LIfe Simple ~ ^_^

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Out of frustration, I am at my neighbor’s house across the street using her computer. I told her I would be brief and leave this quick message. I have been without electricity AGAIN, this time for over 18 hours. I can’t ask my foodie friend Sally, because she lives on the same side of my street and her electricity is out, too. I will be by to visit once my electricity has returned, but for now, please be assured, I would be sharing a drink with you right now, if I could. Thanks for understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am crazy about your "doody head" index card! Too cute! Did I ever tell you how much I like your blog header? It makes me smile. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A Great post and fantastic srt csrds. \it sounds like you have had a super trip away the foood foes sound delicious.
    HAappy T day wishes.
    YVONNE XX

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your food looks really good. Wonderful eye candy with your ICADs and journal page. All wonderful quotes. My favorite is the colorful feather. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  20. A great post Linda, fabulous index cards and I love the 'been there done that' quote. Love the journal page, so many gorgeous textures.
    Your trip away sounds wonderful.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love, love, love that journal page and there is always 'hope.'

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful palette colors in your Be Kind collage ~ love it!

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy PPF and have a great weekend, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like especially your latest inspiring
    index cards.
    Happy PPF and weekend 💜

    ReplyDelete
  25. The jazz and Gospel concert you attended sounds like something I would love as well. You are as creatively prolific as ever. Happy PPF my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Creative 'Timeless' collage ~ love the friends message ~

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow what a great post. Lots of art, info about your trip and just a wonderful read.

    ReplyDelete
  28. The 'keep life simple' feather is definitely my favourite this week
    Happy PPF

    much❤🕊❤love

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy PPF to you Linda 💜
    I love the quotes you've used on your cards - and the art - it's so beautiful. Always lovely to read about what you've been up to. Happy Days!

    ReplyDelete
  30. You are so creative and inspirational! All are wonderful! I think my favorite is Bee Kind ❤

    ReplyDelete
  31. How wonderful that you are doing icad this year. It was intense and I loved it! Lovely cards. The childish one made me laugh out loud. Beautiful journal page too and I love the quote. I won’t read a book where all hope is lost :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  32. You make really nice cards. And the words are so thoughtful. Best wishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the expression of the children in your lovely collage creation ~ 'I'm not childish.'

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Linda ~ you are soooo creative ~ love it all ~

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  35. so many lovely cards. Must take a lot of time to create them. Or, you are fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. You've got many amazing pieces of art posted above! I really enjoyed reading your post today, as well as looking at the great photos. Sounds like a lot of fun and tasty food! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!