Monday, July 19, 2021

Another Week Of Heat!

 


 It's been another week of heat and humidity making the air feel thick like soup most of the days (feeling like up to 100 F)- even I don't like that. The early mornings and later evenings were much nicer, and tolerable. We also had daily storm warnings but somehow our valley was protected from every one that came in our area. And unlike the horrible rains in Germany that sadly caused so much damage and loss of life  we got so little I still had to water all the plants every day- sometimes twice a day. 

 As for a birdie update- the finches in the nest on our front porch have flown the coop:). And the wrens in our back yard planter are still active but there are still NO eggs.

 For T Stands For Tuesday - I'm asking a favor of you Nicole/DVArtist. I had a few requests for links to your Almond Cookie recipe I made and shared in my last post but I was unable to find that post on your blog. Perhaps you could repost it?

 And my ticket for  the link up today is one more meal from our last time in Cape May:


 
Our last dinner before leaving Cape May the next morning was at The Merion Inn. This is the place we most always have dinner to end our stay. We split a Caesar salad which came with fresh warm rolls and mini muffins. Our wine choice was J Lohr Cabernet Sauvignon and I had my usual broiled scallops with veggies du jour and their famous potato cup- yum! It was SO nice to see familiar faces along with the same wonderful service and food.

 And again this week all I have art - wise to share are my index cards for the ICAD Challenge. Only one more week and a half before the challenge ends on July 31. I have been busy watching the Tour de France (which ended on Sunday) and spending more time doing outdoor things and knocking off various doctor appointments one at a time so hopefully there will be no winter time appointments😉

ICAD 43/61

    ICAD 44/61

                                                                        ICAD 45/61

These are the last 3 of 5 in my sub series using Daniel Smith Opera Pink and Cascade Green watercolors. Please see my last post for other details.

 And now is another part of this series- for the next 5 cards I have used all the same techniques but switched out my Daniel Smith watercolors to Pthalo Blue (red shade) and Quinacridone Deep Gold: 

              ICAD 46/61

            ICAD 47/61

              ICAD 48/61

              ICAD 49/61

               ICAD 50/61

 Sorry for some of the wonky/uncentered things in this post. I tried but Blogger wasn't cooperating so well.

 Joining Paint Party Friday with my index card art!
Have a super week everyone 🤗



"People will be most creative when they feel motivated primarily by the interest, enjoyment, satisfaction and challenge of the work itself."
                                                    Teresa Amabile


24 comments:

  1. The weather has been crazy, hasn't it? We've had too much rain; I wish I could send some to where it's needed, like maybe your way? Your meal looks delicious Linda. That salad looks like a meal in itself. And I like this week's ICADS too. I can't decide which color combination I like best. I hope you have a wonderful T day and nice week ahead. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ICADs, Linda, especially the blue ones. Great detail and texture. Happy T Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cape May looks great. I wonder if I ate in that restaurant -- I had some good meals there but can't remember the restaurant names.

    Your art work is very appealing.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, we have had very strange weather, flood chaos here and other places drying out.... Your food always looks so good, especially just now as I haven't yet had my breakfast. Your ICADs are fabulous, as always, love the colours, too. Have a great week, happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to say... lucky you, I wear a sweater, it´s cold!!!! And no rain in the Northern part of Germany, where I live, I ironically have to water my unknown plants (they came here by themselves, are but green and boring).
    Food-wise. Not a seafood-person. Unluckily, I know it´s healthy!

    LOL. The Tour de France must be like... dunno, it´s the most boring thing to me - glad they have enthusiasts like you!
    I have the time on my hands and refuse to see my docs. Maybe I am dumb (or a stubborn donkey).
    I should change and take a journey! Might get me some wisdom... and give me some peace, but... oh.
    I would need to get the risk of a new path.
    I have no choice and need to to up the quest - GREAT series!
    Blogger bugs us all, I guess.
    Happy T-Day and thank you for this wonderful post - you gave me power to move on. (In two weeks - Hubby has a holiday and I will join him after two darn years without).

    Great quote - I had two teachers like that, lucky-me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking food and wine - yum! I like both color combinations on your ICADS. The W (45) is my favorite since it is one of my initials and wisdom is something we so need right now (especially in politics). Raining and storming here to but we are lucky no serious damage - so sad what is going on in the world weather-wise.

    Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous icads again and pretty colours, your meal looks and sounds delicious, always nice to to places where you know the staff. We’ve had some strange weather this year, the kumquat tree is flowering now which is far too late, the flowers are just dying and no fruit forming.
    Have a lovely T Day
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have similar weather to you I believe. I ran outside to get the grass mowed and garden watered before I had to swim through the air. ;)
    I'm loving your ICAD series.
    Happy T day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous creations on your post today ~ hard to pick a favorite ~ they are all wonderful! Xo ~ Broiled scallops sound yummy ~ Hope you are staying cool some how ~

    Living moment by moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Let me start by admiring your incredible ICADs. They are amazing. I actually like the blue and gold best. They are beautiful. I am in awe of how many layers you accomplish. Yours are SO dimensional. I love them. I really like how you use the letters to add to the pieces.

    I hope the little birdies are flying free and safe. I know how much you enjoyed seeing their progress.

    I checked out the menu at The Merion Inn. I would have ordered the French Onion Soup as a starter. Then, of course, I would have ordered the shrimp, scampi style. I also would have ordered the same two sides as you chose. Coffee for me, since I don't really care for wine. I am so glad you enjoyed this final meal at Cape May.

    Thanks for sharing your ICADs and your meal with us for T this Tuesday, Linda. BTW, it's been hot, hot, hot, here, too. Even when it's overcast, the heat is definitely on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We've had rain for 18 days so far this month. So much rain that we broke a record for the wettest July since weather records were kept in the 1890s. We are out of a drought situation, and though there have been areas that have flooded nothing like the floods in Belgium and Germany. Too bad our rains can't go WEst as we've had more than our fair share and more wet weather on the way. Your dinner is so beautifully plated. Your ICADS are a feast for the eyes, too. My favorites are the Pthalo Blue series. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  12. The weather is hotter than usual here at the moment, I hope you're staying cool where you are! Loving your meal, those scallops and potato pot look so delicious 😀. Beautiful ICADS too! Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving all the Index cards. I especially love how you used watercolors in your backgrounds. I have never tried Daniel Smith watercolors but I would love to give them a try sometime. I have heard good things about them.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  14. watercolor is magic, I love this media

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous ICADs Linda! I did feel sorry for Mark Cavendish on Sunday but really enjoyed seeng familiar places on the run in to Paris - right past one of favourite restaurants! Your meal looks delicious. I have some sample spots of Daniel Smith paints I want to get around to using! Belated Happy T day, Chrisxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Linda. Have a great weekend, happy PPF, stay healthy and creative. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely art Linda! Hope you get the cookie recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WONDERFUL WORK
    HAVE A NICE WEEKEND. HAPPY PPF

    MUCH❤LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really beautiful art. Just wanted you to know I have reposted the Almond spice cookie recipe. Your dinner looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love those ICADs Linda, love how they take on a whole new value when colours are changed. Yes the weather worldwide is manic, high heat here in the UK too, unbearable most days. Fingers crossed for rain and a cooler day tomorrow.
    I hope the wrens surprise you with eggs in the nest very soon Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous cards, love the colour combinations. I’m watering all my plants too, it’s too hot to do much outside,so have been in my studio more than usual. Let’s face it, if it’s too hot to go out it’s far too hot to do the ironing and vacuuming. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. love all your ICADs you make the most beautiful ones :) Love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your art is so beautiful Linda! But whoa nelly...that meal looks so amazing! I love the presentation! I need to enjoy a good red wine tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!