Monday, November 8, 2021

This Week's Musings

 


  Happy new week everyone! This week I have a mix of things to share, but then, don't I usually😉?

 First, I want to address some questions and comments in my last post about the Van Gogh watercolors. Though I have loved Daniel Smith watercolors the best for the quality and heavy pigment, since trying the Van Goghs I have found them to be just as lush and pigmented. You couldn't go wrong with either brand!

 Today I'll begin with the last two art projects I did for the October 6 Day Creative Challenge on Instagram. You can see the first of them in my last post. I did  get behind but really wanted to complete them after seeing the inspiration videos by guest artists.


 Day 3's prompt was "silhouette" with guest artist Denis Lush. She did a wonderful tag project but I went my own way on a kraft journal page using Dina Wakley and Tim Holtz stencils. The words just popped in my head as I was finishing the page.

 On day 6 the prompt was "jack o lantern" with a video by Sonya Bitz. I loved how she loosely painted so I did the same. I began my background in my own way by giving it a wood like look:


 I simply added a dollop of brown, blue/gray, and a bit of white acrylic paint across the top of this wide brush then went down the page from left to right adding more paint to the brush as needed.


 Only two brushes were used to loosely paint the pumpkin and leaves- a Bright brush, and a small round brush. I do love how this turned out!

 On to Tag Tuesday. The theme is "Windows, Doors, and Arches":


 The cottage door image is from a digital collage sheet by Paper Whimsy. It was glued to the tag then I sponged the edges with Distress Mowed Lawn ink and some Onyx Black Versafine ink.  Tim Holtz Paper Doll and Clippings Sticker. Ribbon and brass bit from my stash.

 For T Stands For Tuesday I'm going back to Cape May to share our anniversary dinner at  the Merion Inn:
 


 Hubby had the stuffed flounder and I chose the crab cakes which came with a wonderful sauce! We both chose a vegetable medley and the potato cup topped with some cheddar cheese which is special to the Merion Inn. They gave us assorted breads/ mini muffins with olive oil, butter and apple butter as well. The food has always been top notch here! Cheers to the T gang 🥂!

 And lastly, for Art Journal Journey (theme is "all kinds of weather" and hosted by Chris this month) and Paint Party Friday:

 I had some messy fun with this one:) The kraft page was sprayed with Night Gloss Spray. I then stenciled with white paint. the vintage image is from ARTchix Studio. On two of the corners I added a scrap of recycled dryer sheet. the sentiment is Tim Holtz. I sure hope not to see any real snow for a long time!

 Looking forward to your creative adventures as I visit this week. Stay well everyone.


"You have to find what sparks a light in you so that you in your own way can illuminate the world."      Oprah Winfrey


31 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, your art is always so wonderful I love seeing it. and your anniversary dinner looks delicious Happy T wishes Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely variety of art. I love the girl in the textured doorway!
    Now I am going to have to give the Van Gogh paints a try. Thanks for the review.
    Your anniversary meals looks yummy! And there is quite a lot of it.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Cape May dinner looks delicious. I don’t think we found that restaurant on any of our visits there.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some lovely art today Linda. Nice tag and pumpkin too. That is a wonderful piece for AJJ also. It fits Chris' challenge, but I can't say I am ready for winter yet. Smile. And your anniversary meal looks delicious. You do eat well when you go to Cape May. I hope you have a wonderful T day Linda and week ahead too. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. so fun to visit your place!!!Great doorway and love the "weather forecasts"!!!
    Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice new banner! And the pumpkin!
    Apple butter? Interesting. Cheers to that! And to your anniversary, of course!
    Cold, brrrr.... But, well, that´s life, huh, happy T-Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda, you have a plethora of beautiful art again - as always! I love each and every piece, but of course you made me happy with the journal page for AJJ and VERY happy with the beautiful tag for TT, thanks so much! Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all wonderful works of art. With the pumpkin picture it was definitely not that easy with the two brushes. beautiful and so delicious your anniversary meal, thank you for showing it.
    Have a good week, hugs, Elke

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all wonderful works of art. With the pumpkin picture it was definitely not that easy with the two brushes. beautiful and so delicious your anniversary meal, thank you for showing it.
    Have a good week, hugs, Elke

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda,

    Happy T-day!

    Love the food and drink pictures (always a treat), but all your art is fab too. The snow AJJ page is my favorite although that doorway one is a close second! All of it is a treat to see - you make great art.

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your anniversary, the meal looks amazing. Love all your art, I seem to miss all the instagram challenges, my device isn't happy at the moment. Love your baby it's cold outside page! Happy T Day Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your jack-o-lantern! That meal looks delicious. I'd be hard-pressed to select from a menu that included those options. Yummm. And the presentation is nice, too. Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm always delighted by your pieces of art - and I can't pick a favorite one. The technique of creating the wood-like background is interesting and I will definitely try that myself. It looks so good with the pumpkin and gives it a rustic look. The tag is cute and the Creative Challenge page is so beautiful. I love the snow page - but yes, having snow now wouldn't be so much fun. And last but not least, your anniversary dinner looks delicious. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What amazing art you have given us. Your tag is fabulous. I love those new TH dolls. That pumpkin is out of this world. I love the background, too.

    Your chilly and snow covered journal page is wonderful. It is true mixed media at its finest. It's perfect for Chris's theme at Art Journal Journey, too.

    Your anniversary dinner looks great. I like your husband's flounder best, I think, but your crab cakes look good, too. I checked out the menu and it looked quite interesting. Thanks for sharing your art, your dinner, your water, and your wine with us for T this Tuesday, dear Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful pages and tag. Love that jack o'lantern. Even your anniversary dinner is artfully laid out. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your pumpkin has a really cheeky face. Love the tag with the arched door.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely lovely.
    Happy Tuesday

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Art Journey Journal piece. Also, I like your silhouette artwork. Great post. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. lol, my favorites today are the first and the last. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful shadow creation and your pumpkin is awesome ~ Xo


    Living in the moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful tag creation and doggies are true friends ~ Xo

    Living in the moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous art Linda, love the tag and your journal page. Thank you for sharing on Tag Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What wonderful art Linda. The prompts inspired two very different pieces. Love how you coloured the doorway on the tag. The page for my theme at AJJ is wonderful- we don't get much snow here usually so I do enjoy seeing a good snowy scene. Thanks so much. Your meal looks so good. Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  24. OH your journal pages are fantastic ~ love them ~ Xo

    Living in the moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like your pumpkin! The food looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Every time I see your anniversary dinner I get hungry. Happy PPF and have a good weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the 'true friend' creation ~ Xo

    Living in the moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Everything is just lovely. A wonderful anniversary dinner too.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wonderful collection of art! I especially love the pumpkin. Fun piece! I recently came across a Daniel Smith tutorial on YT. Never heard about his own line of watercolors, looked them up and wow, not on the cheap side. Almost ordered a Van Gogh set, but sadly it was sold out. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ooh, now I need to eat morning porrige, I'm hungry :)
    Beautiful art, again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!