Monday, November 1, 2021

Happy November!

 


 Halloween is over and now it's on to thoughts about Thanksgiving and yes, Christmas too. I'm just pondering holiday card ideas right now, what about you? 

 Our son Todd and his wife Kyra just celebrated their 1st anniversary on Oct. 30th. Hard to believe it's already been a year since the wedding! Here's a selfie they took on their way to a nice dinner to celebrate:

 Kyra wanted me to see that she chose to wear the earrings I bought her for her wedding day💓

In honor of their anniversary I made this card which I will link to the Wednesday Simon Says Challenge (anything goes): 

 I chose their wedding colors for this card- cream for her dress, navy stamped sentiment (the groomsmen color), burgundy (the bridesmaid dresses) and orange autumn colored leaves (the colors in the flowers and table decor). The sentiment is a Hero Arts rubber stamp. I used Midnight Blue Memories die ink to stamp the image. Silk leaves, ribbon, flower, and cream notecard and envie set -all from Michael's.

 For T Stands For Tuesday it's a ticket to Paris!:


 The Paris Library by Janet Skeslien Charles was recommended by fellow T party goer Lisca. I rarely read fiction but of course both the Paris and library theme really peeked my interest. Also it does blend in some history. It took me a few months to get this book as it was quite popular at our local library- and even with 6 of them in the library, there were holds put on each of them for many weeks! I guess that tells you something 😉. I am more than halfway and enjoying every bit of it so thank you Lisca for your description and recommendation! On this day I was reading with my cup of lemon ginger tea in my Paris mug of course. Cheers!

 There was a 6 Day Creative Challenge on Instagram recently so I decided to join in. I have done these each time the host had them and found them quite fun to use the prompts and follow- or not follow the guest artists video inspirations


 For my first project I combined day 1 and day 4 and made a journal page. A close up of the background:
Tim Holtz Collage paper was glued to areas of a watercolor paper before swirling a mix of Paynes Grey acrylic paint, Dina Wakley Night paint and white acrylic paint. Black and white paint spatters were added as well.



 I used collage papers and hand dyed fabric from my stash as well as another dimensional glitter sticker cat. After the stitching I glued it to my kraft journal. 
 
 For the owl prompt on day 5 I made a coordinating page:


Here I used torn tape to mask the outer edges of the kraft page and painted using the same colors as above. Vintage images are from ARTchix Studio.

 And here is my painting for  Day 2 with the prompt of gourd:


 I loved the inspiration video by Kristin Peterson for her quirky, loose gourd so I pretty much followed her guidance. I painted it on Dina Wakley watercolor paper using acrylic paints. The spatters and light wash around the gourd are Dina Wakley Gloss Sprays. I also used watercolor crayons and a graphite pencil.

 Just finishing up my page for the silhouette prompt so I'll share that next week. Not sure if I'll do the jack o lantern prompt or not...

 and to end this post I have another project from the free Lifebook 2022 Taster Session lessons from some weeks ago (sorry, the lessons are no longer available):



 For this lesson (sorry, I can't remember who to give credit for this lesson) the entire page was covered with scraps of papers, colored tissues etc. Bright colored paints were applied. Then after the heart outline and corner outlines were drawn, black gesso was painted around the shapes. It was all finished by creating lots of doodles with Posca pens.

 Joining in at Paint Party Friday with this post. 

There are some new themes up and coming on the blogs I like to participate with so I hope to get to them next week😄 Until then...


“Fear not November’s challenge bold—
We’ve books and friends, 
and hearths that never can grow cold:
                                       These make amends!”         Alexander Louis Fraser

27 comments:

  1. Happy November

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, You have shared such beautiful art with us-I really love every piece. Lovely anniversary card too-wow it doesn't seem at all like a year has passed-I remember you telling us about the wedding.
    that's nice you have a library close-we have always lived so rural that libraries are always an hour at least one way. I end up buying allot of books I want to read. I have the one about Paris in my favorites list. Loved your Paris cup too-Happy T wishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card for your son's anniversary. Hard to believe it has been a year. I remember when you posted pictures of their wedding.
    Love your journal page, very vintage! Beautiful watercolor gourd! The colors are fantastic.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. The book sounds very interesting - I worked in a library and am always drawn to "library books" (so to say).
    Beautiful heart - it was the lesson by Eulalia Mejia. I like the pieces you made for the IG challenge. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your son and daughter in love. So glad to see they look so happy, too. The card you made for them is stunning. You make such incredible cards.

    I was in awe of your art this week. I like those prompts and how you combined the first one. And that owl is out of this world.

    I'd love to go to Paris Library with you. I'd love to drink ginger tea, too. Thanks for sharing your incredible art and your tea with us for T this Tuesday, dear Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wedding was a year ago?!!! Time flies!
    Beautiful card.
    And wonderful art, too!
    Have a wonderful T-Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That book is really great, I loved it. Enjoy reading! You have made some wonderful art again, that looks like a great challenge you did. I'm doing a another free course this week, it certainly keeps me occupied. Happy T Day to you and your lovely family, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card for your son and DIL - love the colors. Happy Anniversary to them.

    I want to read that book for sure.

    Your art is all fabulous - I especially love the dark sky - such a great background for your journal spread. You always do the coolest pages!!!

    Happy T-day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much fun art today Linda. I enjoyed it all. And congrats to your son and daughter-in-law on their one year anniversary. And I like your nice afternoon diversion of tea and a book, I do that often, especially now that the shadows are so long by 4 PM or even earlier when there's clouds. I hope you have a wonderful T day and start to November. Wow, already. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Getting ready for Thanksgiving means finding a frozen turkey breast. No luck so far... Your book does sound interesting.

    Happy November, and Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your very autumnal looking anniversary card Linda, it's beautiful. I really really love your journal pages, they are gorgeous and I love the colours. Also your taster session piece, you can probably still watch the videos if you kept the tab open :) Happy T Day Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. "The Paris Library" sounds intriguing. I used to belong to the American Library on one of our longish stays in Paris, but that was quite a bit after the war (obviously). And our wedding reception was held at the American Library in another French city. The USIS supported many American libraries in the past, and the one in Paris is still open, after more than 100 years. They are now open with covid restrictions, but sound very much still active.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    best...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to your son and daughter-in-law. Such a cute couple. You made a gorgeous anniversary card. Loved the art you created for the challenges especially the black cat. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you are enjoying the Paris Library. Just because I liked it doesn't mean that you will.
    I am in awe of your art. The card is beautiful, and so thoughtful as to the colors. Has it really been a year? Time flies! Your son looks a lot like your husband, especially in that photo.
    Your journal pages for the challenge are beautiful too. I like the two matching pages.
    The quote at the end is so true.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  15. A really pretty card. Very romantic. A year already it has flown by hasn't it. Love the art too. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh congratulations to your son and daughter-in-law ~ and what a magnificent Anniversary card you made ~ so elegant ~ Xo

    Living in the moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Paris Library sounds like a fun read ~ Xo

    Living in the moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh your journal pages are so creative and fitting for the season ~ favorite is the owl ~ Xo

    Living in the moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all your art work, but especially that amazing journal page with the owl on kraft. Great masking effect. Also, a lovely card for your daughter's anniversary.
    Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What beautiful card you made for your son and DIL. That year certainly has passed quickly. I love the results from the challenge and the LB page - love the owl and those fabulous bright colours with the white. I keep meaning to look for that book so Thanks for the reminder , Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy anniversary to the young couple! Beautiful art Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't remember what to comment on. LOVE your art, the owl piece is possibly my fave today. Your son and DIL are adorable and past the first year of learning to live as a unit. It's good to have a mate.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy PPF and have a wonderful weekend, stay safe, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely art, my favourites are the owl page and the gourd.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your artwork is always divine ~ love the beauty in the simplicity of the gourd and so perfect for the season ~ Xo ~ Happy Weekend to you ^_^

    Living in the moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  26. The gear flew by. Luv the happy smiles from your son and daughter in law.
    Happy PPF. Thanks for dropping by my blog

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  27. A very beautiful card for the happy couple, the cream and orange combination is just beautiful. Very Happy Anniversary to them. The journal pages are amazing, Linda! Gorgeous background and beautifully composed. The gourd is luminous and so pretty. Beautiful artworks shared this week! Love them :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!