Monday, April 11, 2022

This And That

 


 Happy new week all! Do you celebrate Easter or Passover? If so I imagine it will be a busy end of week. Not so much for me as it will be small and quiet as usual with a simple Easter dinner with my Mom and our son and DIL on Sunday.

 I'm going to start off with this card I made for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge for the theme of "Happy Birthday":

They are celebrating their 13th birthday so I made this card a personal one just for them😉. Happy birthday!!

Products: Simon Says stamp: Etched Meadow Flower and Leaves, Happy Birthday wafer die sets; Neenah Solar White, Desert Storm #100 cardstocks. The cute little dog peeking out of the flower is Simon Says Stamp's mascot. I fussy cut him from one of their packaging envelopes. Other: black cardstock, rhinestone (Recollections).

 This is a journal page I made for Try It On Tuesday (Spring Colours):


 I used Dina Wakley Lime and Carnation Gloss Sprays for the bright color along with a scrap of turquoise recycled from an old placemat. 

 This journal page is for Art Journal Journey with the theme of (Play It Again, Sam). We are to do a page around a favorite movie or song. Fun!


 Here's a close up of the flowers because I wanted you to see that I added glitter glue to them:

 
This page is so much prettier in person! The background is a napkin. The tile letters are Tim Holtz, and the vintage image from my stash. I have seen this movie 'The Enchanted Cottage' so many times over the years that I lost count. It's a beautiful story. It's from 1945 and stars Dorothy McGuire and Robert Young. You can read about it here on Wikipedia.  Can you watch a movie over and over without tiring of it if you love it? I can for sure 😁!

 I have another vegan meal to share with both T Stands For Tuesday and Food Wednesdays:


 Another wonderful meal! I got this recipe for Vegan Creamy Pancetta and Pea Pasta from the "It Doesn't Taste Like Chicken" blog. So far this is a favorite vegan blog of mine. I have tried a number of Sam's recipes and so far every one has been Bill (hubby) approved and I can make it again👍. The "pancetta" is cubes of marinated tofu that is so flavorful and smoky you couldn't tell it's tofu. These would be great as croutons on a salad too. And this meal is even better leftover! I just kept the "pancetta" cubes separate and reheated them in the oven so they'd stay a bit crispy. Cheers! 

 

 That's it from me this week. Hope it's a good one for you all! 

" Easter is the only time when it's perfectly safe to put all of your eggs in one basket".      Evan Esar


28 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, beautiful art this week, really liked the one for AJJ's theme. Your dish sounds delicious. years ago when I was a vegetarian for many years I would make my own tofu from scratch from the soybeans-quite a job but in the process there are several "leftovers" that are also used as foods. Happy Easter week and Happy T
    and thanks for sharing with us for Food Wednesdays

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we did both post about movies we have watched over and over. But I am not familiar with this one. I will look at it. :) I love the little quote at the end. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely art Linda. Happy Easter! The pasta looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pieces again, Linda - I totally love the spring colors page, the texture of the background is fantastic. Great idea to recycle a placemat, I have to remember that. I don't know this movie, but yes, there are movies that I can watch over and over again without tiring of it - the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy, "Possession", and "Witness" come immediately to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have only watched a few movies over and over. Not recently, though. I’ve never heard of your choice, and I like your pictorial interpretation of it.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Before I forget to say it, Thank you for linking up to both AJJ and Try it On Tuesday. I like that green and pink together on your TIOT piece. I have not scene the Enchanted Cottage but I will add that to my list. My Easter will be quiet also, but hope yours is lovely. And your meal looks delicious. Good for you to eat more plant based foods. Have a great Food Wednesday and Easter too. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your beautiful journal page. I don't know the film, but t has eveidenty impressed you a lot. Your food sounds super. Have a great week, and a happy Easter, hugs, Valerie
    And happy T Day, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much beautiful makes today! I'm loving the spring colours and that Easter card, those little chicks are adorable 😁. Your meal looks delicious too. Take care and Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that movie 'The Enchanted Cottage' but can't find it on any of the services I subscribe to. That's the perfect art piece for it :) Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. The journal page is beautiful, and the card is lovely too.
    No, I don't know the film. I've just watched the film Sharon mentioned in her blog, so I'm afraid, your will have to wait.
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your art this week Linda. We don't really celebrate Easter (even though I made my little wreath) but when I was little my mum used to make Easter cake with lots of little bird nests made of toasted coconut on top and little sugar eggs inside. Thanks for the vegan recipe, I will check out that blog. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the enchanted especially, reminds me of "Back to The Future".
    Oh, when were we so much in love?

    Uh-oh. You remind of the tofu sitting in my fridge! I was planning of "Stroganoff" and now Easter rushes in!
    No way hubby takes tofu, LOL...

    Either way, a very happy (late?) T-Day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your art projects!! Thank you for the card!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the Glitter on the flowers.. Glitter just makes everything better! I'm so glad your vegan meal turned out so well.. and its hubby approved!!Thanks so much for taking the time to 'follow' my blog! Happy Tday! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Linda. This is a lovely piece of art. I really like the looks of the vegan dinner too. Happy Easter to you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your art is so pretty but my favorite is the colorful, textured background for those two ladies. I enjoyed seeing your vegan pasta meal. I am going to check out the recipe. I don't like tofu but perhaps it would still taste good without it.
    Happy Easter and Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would have been here sooner, but I've been stuck with my new tax man most of the day. Nothing like waiting till the last minute. You gave us a plethora of wonderful art this week, Linda. I love the spring colors and the beautiful and romantic film that I unfortunately have never heard of or seen. However, thanks for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey.

    The first time I had tofu, I hated it. It was because whatever it was fixed with tasted terrible. I have since learned that tofu picks up the taste of whatever it is made with and now I LOVE it. Thanks for sharing it and your wine with us for T this Tuesday. Nice that you have included it for Food Wednesday, too.

    Happy Easter to you, too, Linda. I hope it is extra special, too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful art, and thanks for linking that wonderful page to my theme at AJJ.
    Wishing you a very happy and blessed Easter.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sweet birthday card with the wee dog on the flower. Beautiful art journal pages. The texture and the colours are so wonderful on both of them. Have a wonderful time on Sunday!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic art and post Linda. Thank you for linking up at TioT's and AJJ.
    Have a good rest of the week.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my favorite is the Enchanted Cottage ~ very creative and love the vintage look to it ~ Xo

    Wishing you love and laughter in all your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  22. wonderful two ladies collage with Spring colors ~ Xo

    Wishing you love and laughter in all your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your little Easter chick is adorable ~ Happy Easter ~ Xo

    Like you just have dinner with family ~ safer too ~

    Wishing you love and laughter in all your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stopped by to say Happy Easter to you ~ your post and creations are always lovely ~ so creative! Xo

    Wishing you laughter and love in all your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the journal page you shared at TioT Linda, the colours look so pretty, great journal page too, haven't seen this movie, thabnks for the like to check it out.
    Happy Easter, Avril xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!