Monday, April 18, 2022

April Showers



 

 Hi everyone, how was your holiday weekend?  Ours was quiet and for the most part the weather was warm- enough that we could have breakfast outdoors finally:). The last two days we had intermittent bouts of sunshine and rain showers but it didn't deter us from getting yardwork done and walks/runs in. Hubby ran, I walked๐Ÿ˜‰. My next door neighbor brought me this bunny planter with succulents in it. So nice of him. Fingers crossed I can keep those plants alive as I don't do well with indoor plants. As you can see I took the photo of it outside and it was just beginning to rain again... and heavy rain is expected through the night-sigh.
 Our Easter Sunday didn't go quite as planned - because it turns out my Mom got Covid-19 ๐Ÿ˜–! What she thought was bronchitis was worse. She finally got tested this past Friday after I implored her because she had the symptoms and was pretty sick all week. Thankfully she's slowly getting better and has been able to rest and recuperate at home. We've stayed in touch by phone and have been dropping off (on the porch) whatever she needs food wise and such. Todd and Kyra came to our place and we had spinach lasagne for our dinner, along with warm rolls, salad, and chocolate chip cookie bars. Very non traditional but Kyra is eating very little meat especially now that she's expecting, and we are all doing more plant based eating. Speaking of...


 Two books I got from the library. Anyone read these? OMD by Suzy Cameron (she's the wife of James Cameron the famous filmmaker known for Titanic, Avatar and others). Very informative, but also scientific and technical with many statistics and references. I admit I skimmed over some of it but there are also many helpful ways to start incorporating more plant based foods in your life. There are recipes at the end of the book. I admire her passion for getting children involved too and eating this way at home and in schools.
 I copied a nice handful of recipes from Veganize It! and will share as I try them out. I'll link this part of my post to Food Wednesdays where Kathy hosts this blog for food related things- recipes, books, etc.

 And here is my share for T Stands For Tuesday with Bleubeard, Elizabeth and friends where we share anything drink related:


 One of the lovely, warm mornings outside with my Easter mug and coffee. Cheers!

Now for the art!


 I made this cute scalloped tag card for the new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge (Whatever The Weather), along with the new Tag Tuesday Challenge (Animals, Tame or Wild).
Supplies: scalloped tag card (the Paper Cut); stencil- Basically Bricks/Wendy Vecchi (Simon Says Stamp); image and sentiment -Showers and Flowers clear stamp set (Simon Says Stamp); alcohol markers (Spectrum Noir); Versafine Onyx Black ink; white Posca pen; Moonshine Sequins (Simon Says Stamp).

 This journal page is for Art Journal Journey with the theme "Play It Again, Sam" . I chose another favorite movie of mine:


 Anyone know ???  I love, love both the movie, and this line from it!  It stars Bette Davis, Claude Rains, and Paul Henreid. The movie is 'Now Voyager'. Bette Davis is my favorite actress after Katharine Hepburn. Yes, I have seen this movie MANY times ๐Ÿ˜.

Another journal page - this one I shared on Instagram but didn't post it on my blog:

  
 I think it's an appropriate way to end my post along with recognizing Earth Day this coming Friday. To celebrate the day we will be participating in a local park clean up on Saturday where our DIL Kyra is hosting the two year anniversary of the local volunteer group she founded :  Lehigh Valley Trash Pact.
 We are so proud of her for her dedication to keeping our earth clean, especially the parks! And she volunteers her time on a very regular basis every week driving to a different area and cleaning up the trash left behind on the grounds. She also keeps the site going, does all the admin and scheduling! That's our girl ๐Ÿ’“.

 Wishing you a wonderful week!

   “You have power over your mind- not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength”.                           Marcus Aurelius 







33 comments:

  1. The weather certainly has been all over the place this spring, hasn't it? I love your bunny mug. It's very cute. I don't know this movie, but I have added it to my list of films to check out. You made a great page about it. Thanks for sharing that with us for Alison's challenge over at AJJ. Nice tag and journal page too. I hope you have a great T day and get some consistent spring weather too. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed catching up with you over T Linda! I'm' so sorry to hear your mom got Covid but relieved to hear she is doing better!! Take care and Happy Tday! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved seeing your art this week.
    So sorry to hear about your Mom getting Covid. Thankfully she has a wonderful family that is helping her out.
    Those books sound interesting. I love plant based eating and have been incorporating more of it into our diet. I will have to check out these books.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your mom. Lovely art and the vegan recipes sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda, I enjoyed your post about lots of different things.
    really like your gift planter, we have been too cold here to sit out on the deck-sigh but happy you got some warmer mornings. so sorry about the covid case, I don't want to live in fear but I try to be so careful when I am out shopping so I don't bring it home. good to be able to recover at home
    I love your bunny mug very much!
    Those two books sound interesting to read-thank you so much for sharing on food wednesdays Linda
    I always enjoy seeing your art Happy T wishes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry to read about your mother getting COVID. From the sound of things, at least she has been vaccinated.

    I've never heard of that movie, so it was completely new to me. However, it's great that you shared it with us using Alison's theme at Art Journal Journey.

    I might eat vegan one day a week, but I like my dairy too much. Take away my butter, cheese, and coffee cream, and I would soon be miserable.

    I love your bunny mug. It is so cute and that handle is most unusual. Thanks for sharing your art, your recipes, and your bunny mug coffee with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely art. Your movie choose is romantic and takes me to the great old days world.
    I wish your spring is sunny, joyful and healthy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now Voyager is one of my favourite movies, the whole ugly duckling transformation thing, love it. Sorry your mum is sick, hope she gets over the C soon. I think I have Veganise it, I have two shelves of vegan cookbooks so I tend to forget what's there lol. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your Mom heals fast - I know you are worried. She is lucky to have you bringing goodies and love. I had to do that with both times my daughter got it.

    We all need to do more veggies so hats off to your books and your mission to eat more.

    LOVE your art, Linda. The tag is adorable and fun and the journal pages are so well done! Always enjoy seeing what you are making!!!

    Happy T-day and hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's been chillier than normal here, but we're expecting warmer days over the weekend. I'm looking forward to it. I like veggies and should include more veggie dishes in my cooking. I'm hoping your mom recovers completely and soon! Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of healing energy hugs to your Mom ~ Xo

    Your tag art is so adorable ~ beauty in the simplicity of it.

    Wishing you laughter and love in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your art journal page is awesome ~ love the quote and the movie ~ Xo

    Wishing you laughter and love in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry that your mom got COVID and hope that she is really getting better. We're really not past the pandemic even if many people behave as if we were. It will be interesting to see what you make our of the Veganize it cookbook - it sounds interesting. I'm probably not a candidate for 100% vegan as I love my cheese and milk, but one can at least incorporate it more. The journal page is lovely, I used to have that scrapbook paper and loved it, but it's all used up now. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your bunny mug and tag you made are adorable. The little ducky certainly is a smile maker. I love Better Davis, too. She had such a range of acting and I liked the way she reinvented herself with roles like Baby Jane and Apple Annie after the ingenue phase was over. I hope your mom is feeling better. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your planter almost looked like a real bunny! How nice of your neighbor. For years I had Chicken and hens, and whatever is in the planter reminds me of that plant. Your tag is so cute! Love your journal page. I hadn't seen Now Voyager for years. I think I even read the book, though. I think now that you reminded me, I will have to go look for it. Oh, and perfect mug for TSFT. Happy T Day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your art is fabulous, love it all. Thanks for linking to us at Tag Tuesday and AJJ. Love your mug and the planter, both so pretty. Happy t day, hugs, Vslerie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely art. The bunny planter is fab, I'm not great with plants but I have managed to keep some succulents alive for years.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sorry about your mom. Glad she is on the mend. Very nice post. I love the mug and I am sure you will keep the plant alive. LOL Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a cute tag. I'd sure LOVE to have you play along at the challenge blog I run. Lots of great prizes and always Family Friendly/Anything Goes. Come play along with us!!!!
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. A quiet Easter weekend. Church with my granddaughter on Sunday then home.

    Enjoyed your tags

    Easter blessings

    Much๐Ÿ’›love

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a cute bunny rabbit and I adore your tag, that little chick under the umbrella is so adorable ๐Ÿ˜. April weather is always unpredictable, I'm glad that you got some warm weather and we got to see that beautiful Easter mug - perfect! Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi from my road trip, now in Tucson, Arizona, and enjoying the scenery. I'm afraid I can't do detailed comments as there's just too much to do!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so sorry to hear about you mom, Linda! Wishing her a speedy recovery. Lovely journal pages and really amazing that your DIL founded the group and so dedicated. That duckling is so adorable, and you made such a lovely tag. Made me think of a Tom & Jerry cartoon that I love :D

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  24. This tag is a real cutie, just love the little wellington boots.
    Thank you so much for joining in with my theme at Tag Tuesday xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Adorable bunny planter and indeed, let there be 'peace on earth' ~ lovely creation ~ Happy Week to you ~ Xo


    Wishing you laughter and love in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)~

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful art Linda! I love the page you shared for my AJJ theme.
    Love that bunny planter too, so cute!
    Hugs,
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your tag is so cute Linda! ☺ And I love your Easter mug! Love it. We're trying to eat a more plant based diet as well, though it's mostly still vegetarian. I hope your Mum recovers quickly! Covid is no joke!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  28. hi, love your tag and the journal for the movie. But I don´t recognice the movie. But I might ahve seen it as Bette D was a great actress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. CUte bunny, yay for such neighbors and fingers crossed your thumb is green enough :-)
    Sorry about your Mom!!!

    The lasagna sounds yummy! Looking forward to Wednesday and what a cute mug!! And your art! Oh,I don´t get anything done atm...

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hope your mum is feeling better. Those two books look interesting
    Bridget #20

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wishing you ~ Happy Earth Day and a lovely Weekend ~ your artwork is divine ~ Xo

    Wishing you love and laughter in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a cute cute tag!! I am also in love with that mug! Thanks for playing along with us at Tag Tuesday.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sorry I am late calling in Linda, I hope your mom is recovering.
    Your art projects look fantastic, thank you for linking with the current AJJ theme, I will have to look up that film, my list gets longer.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!