Monday, June 13, 2022

Art Inspirations

 


   How's everyone?  How was your weekend? Here was another mixed bag of partial sun in between showers and heavier rain. We did luck out on Saturday as we went into town on Main Street to just catch the special "Art of The Miniature" exhibit hosted by The Snow Goose Gallery before the last day on Sunday-whew! I would have been so disappointed if I would have missed it as I didn't see it the last two years. I have gone many previous years (this is their 30th year) to take in these amazing miniature works of art from all over the world.


 This may have been the first time hubby went with me though- and he was thoroughly impressed and enjoyed it as much as I do😁. No photos, but here is a link to every one (461!) of the pieces of art all for sale. I highly encourage you to take some time to check some of them out. Below each miniature they tell you what medium was used as well as the artist's name, price, size, and whether or not they were sold. I always try to pick a favorite or two but this time I just couldn't as there were so many I kept going back to. However, I did go to # 354 - "Afternoon in the Country" a few times, and then fell in love with it especially after learning this artist just celebrated her 102nd birthday!! But no, we didn't buy anything. We don't need more art to display, and besides, we have our first grandchild on the way so we'll be spending our money on baby K 😉.

 And now for my art this week. Here is a page I made for Art Journal Journey with the theme of "fish" this month with guest host Mia:

 Next up is an anniversary card I made for a dear friend which I will link to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge (Bright and Cheerful) :

 
 I used one of my newer Simon Says Stamp dies - Cosmos Stem. Other products- white notecard, Neenah Solar White #110 cardstock, Lattice stencil- Dina Wakley, Distress Oxide ink - Bundled Sage, Jet Black ink - Versafine, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.

For T Stands For Tuesday I have one more meal to share from our trip to Cape May last month:


 We had leftovers from our fabulous dinner at Viggiano's with friends the evening before so we enjoyed it along with champagne in our room for our last evening. The one on the left was my leftover- a fresh pasta with blush sauce, shrimp and salmon. Delicious!! On the right is rigatoni- it was  our friend's leftover and she wanted us to have it because she wasn't going to take it. Hubby loved it. And it was a nice way to relax our last night and not have to get dressed and walk into town. 

 And now for my next batch of ICADS (Index Cards) for a 61 day art challenge that started June 1 and runs through July 31. I've started by doing mini series (weekly) with a common theme. This week I primarily used  a scrap of Dina Wakley Collage Collective, Tim Holtz washi tape and sentiment sticker, and thread. Bits of this and that added for more texture.


ICAD8


ICAD9

         
ICAD10


ICAD11


ICAD12


ICAD13

 The mushrooms are ones I made with watercolors and Posca pens after watching an online set of free lessons from Sketchbook Revival awhile back. The woven turquoise bits are recycled from and old placemat. And since I just found that the new theme over at Try It On Tuesday is "Recycle It" I will link with the two cards using the recycled placemat.

 I'll also link this Thursday to Rain's Thursday Art Date. Please visit her blog- you will be thoroughly delighted by it- there's everything- art, nature, food, recipes, dogs, gardening...

 Happy week to you and yours🤗.

"Spending time in nature both reduces stress and enhances creativity."         Salli Rasberry


33 comments:

  1. Ohh a miniature show how fun. I have a friend here that wins awards for her miniatures. Really lovely art and the meal looks so good. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good evening, enjoyed seeing all of your different art pieces and card, your leftovers sound really delicious too Happy T Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your fish collage with the nice watery-green color theme. Making even a small art work every day seems like a huge commitment.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The miniature show looks so interesting. Lovey art this week Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I followed your link and was impressed by all the beautiful miniature art. I loved the tiny sculpture of an owl. Beautiful index cards, I like that you choose a weekly theme. Does that make it easier for you or is that an additional challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That miniature exhibit sounds great. I linked in and looked at the pieces. There are so many, and I love how they are all minis. And thanks so much for making that fun fish piece for Mia's challenge at AJJ. I like your fish. And I really need to try these ICADS as I find yours very inspiring. I love how fancy your left overs look too. I hope you have a great T day and week ahead Linda. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved seeing all your art Linda!! Especially your ICAD's .. You know i dragged my hubby to the museum recently... he's always reluctant to go but enjoys himself once there ... Happy happy Tday! Hugs!deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of fabulous art. Thanks for making the fishy piece for Mia's challenge. Your ICADs are a dream! Hapy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your banner!
    And sure, the first I clicked (the cat) was sold already.
    Yay for a new baby!
    My T had the slogan "Icke first", too. He´s doing well now, so... good quote!
    The food looks yummy.
    Love your cards - have a very happy T-Day and week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a fascinating exhibit. It can be hard to resist picking up something :) The food looks delicious. I enjoy having enough so that I can make a meal out of leftovers. Nice! Your cards are wonderful. You are very creative with your designs.

    I've missed T Stands for Tuesday during my staycation. It's good to be back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delicious eye candy and food. The miniature art is something else! Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  12. Google isn’t accepting my sign in on the Ipad so it’s me CJ Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely post full of art and yummy leftovers! I had a very pleasant hour browsing through all the miniatures. Thank you for the link. Aren't they wonderful. I couldn't make up my mind which one I liked best. There were so many I would have loved to hang on my wall. I liked the several waiters by two different artists, and I liked Shoemaker's Dream (69) and my favorite I think might have been Old and Forgotten (42). I love old doors...
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Linda ~ such a creative post ~ love your header creation and your icads and birthday card ~ and yummy good ~ I love Italian food for left overs ~ Xo

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooops Anniversary card ~ very elegant ~ Xo

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such beautiful artwork! Loving your food choices too - yum 😁. Wishing you a very Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your meals look yummy. That is a lot of art. Such a great way to create, one a day on a small scale. Loving the layout with the fish. Off to have a look at the miniature art.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  18. I will go check out the art gallery ,, your creations are beautiful. I love the textures you add to them, it gives such dimension, beautiful. I would do the same thing, spend the money on our grand children and children lol,, thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous AJJ entry and I love the texture on your ICADs.
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've been without electricity since about 6:30 pm yesterday. Never so glad to get my AC and internet back. Then I got caught up looking at ALL those tiny art pieces, many the size of index cards. ALL so very lovely and unique.

    What a lovely fish collage you have created, Linda. It's a beauty. I love it. Thanks for sharing it with us at AJJ honoring Mia's theme.

    I am in LOVE with your ICADs. They are beautiful and put mine to shame. They are great collage fodder and filled with great mixed media. I love them all, and remember that mushroom lesson, too.

    I wish MY leftovers were as delicious looking as those. I bet they went well with that champagne, too.

    Thanks for sharing your journal page, your card, your ICADs, the art miniatures, and your champagne and leftovers with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely set of artwork, Linda! I really like the card you made for your friend. I will check out the gallery. Thanks so much for the link.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the icads ~ great sayings ~ favorite is the 'replace fear with curiosity' ~ Xo

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gallery event sounds fascinating ~ Xo

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks Linda for sharing these with us at Try It on Tuesday. I love how you recycled the old placemat. It's a great idea. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Thursday. Luv the art and food

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really enjoyed this post. So much beauty here. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous post Linda! Those miniature art pieces are wonderful. I love the fish page you made for Mia's 'Fish ' theme at AJJ. Your ICADs are fabulous and that's a great way to recycle placemats. Thanks for sharing at Try It On Tuesday. Your leftover meals sound great. Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a wonderful post with stunning projects!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Linda!! I love your ICAD mushrooms!!! ☺☺ The pasta looks delicious and I'd love to join you for some champagne!! I followed the link to the miniatures...they are spectacular. I had a neighbour a long time ago who spent 10 hours a day painting miniatures. She was so good at it. I tried myself, but I don't have the steady hands for detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful colorful little mushroom in your creative icads and great sayings ~ Xo

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great icad about significance of the ordinary ~ I always think 'sacred in the ordinary' ~ Xo

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  32. wow. I like your ICADS. They are nicely done. Maybe I should try it)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!