Monday, June 20, 2022

This and That

 

 Hi Peeps! Thought I'd get right into the art today. This card is for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Blog Challenge (Add a Sentiment). I've got lots of birthdays and anniversaries coming up so I got into some card making mode over the weekend.

 Products: Ivory, yellow cardstock (Recollections); patterned cardstock (DCWV); sentiment (Papertrey Ink); Versafine Onyx Black ink; Simon Says Stamp Layered Etched Daisy and Stitched Banners dies; Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.

  I also managed to get a mixed media tag made for two blog challenges - Try It On Tuesday (Recycle It), and Tag Tuesday (Use a Diecut):



 I used Tim Holtz Wildflowers dies, and of course the corrugated cardboard is the recycled part 😁.

 For T Stands For Tuesday I'm warning you that this will make you wish you could reach in and grab something! My three best friends since childhood and I got together at an Italian Restaurant  called A Ca Mia. I'd heard really good things about it but just never made it a point to take the nice  1/2 hour drive. It was not busy so again we were able to spend hours at our table chatting away while eating. 


 At the top going clockwise: Roasted Veggie Melt with homemade chips and pickle, Grilled Portabella sandwich with homemade chips and pickle, I ordered that huge Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad, and the last was ( I can't remember the name of this dish- it was a lunch special) fresh tortellinis filled with mushrooms, asparagus, and a light sauce with more mushrooms and topped with cheese. As you can see, we all had lemon water to drink and they started us with warm fresh rolls and garlic olive oil for dipping. We ALL had to take half our plates home with us, however...


 Our sweet waitress wanted to show us the dessert tray and positioned it so I could get a nice photo of it. Oh My!! The desserts change on occasion and no, I cannot remember all that is shown here but there is chocolate layer cake, cheese cakes, Creme Brulée, chocolate flan, carrot cake. My friends decided to get that chocolate layer cake and four forks😁. I only had one bite but it was divine! I also got a take out order for dinner for the next day because my hubby has been wanting to come here too. I ordered the Gnocchi Fantasy- potato gnocchi with roasted red and yellow peppers, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes in a pink white wine cream sauce. It came with a bag of rolls, garlic olive oil, and a nice tossed salad. For $18 this was enough for both hubby (who's a big eater) and I for dinner, plus enough for lunch for 1 the following day. All he could say was OMG this is SOOOO good. I think we'll be making our own trip there for dinner in the near future😉. Cheers!

 Now on to my next set of index cards for the ICAD -Index Card a Day Challenge. It runs from June 1 - July 31 and this is my 4th year participating:


ICAD 14


ICAD 15


ICAD 16

 These were the last three in my second mini series with a common theme. I'm working off prompt and find that by creating (weekly or so) series' it not only helps me use bits and things I have collected over the years but changing themes keeps me from getting bored.

 Now I've begun with a third little series:


ICAD 17


ICAD 18


ICAD19


ICAD 20

 For this series I'm going vintage. Using up papers I have in my fodder stash for the backgrounds. All of them will have a Paper Whimsy collage sheet image, vintage gold German scrap, a Tim Holtz Small Talk sentiment sticker, and stitching at the tops and bottoms.

  And lastly:


 Happy Summer Solstice  on Tuesday- the longest day of the year for us in the Northern Hemisphere! I purposely took my photo of this journal page where the sun from the window was hitting part of it 🌞.

 Will also be joining Rain's Thursday Art Date later this week. Wishing you a wonderful week!

“And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.”       
            F. Scott Fitzgerald






32 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, Lots of wonderful art here, loving your journal page for the solstice. Sounds like a good time with friends and good foods. It all looks delicious.
    Happy T Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the second T-for-Tuesday writer to describe a fabulous Italian restaurant with lovely desserts and shared with old friends! Really that does look delicious.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your art projects are all beautiful and well done. You are very talented. Yes, give me all the desserts! LOL Happy T Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your food at the Italian restaurant looks delicious and the desserts are just gorgeous! Such a great selection. I like your art as well, the themes for your index cards look so different, I love that. The last piece is perfect for the summer solstice. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your vintage themed index cards.
    Your Italian meal certainly made me hungry. The dessert platter looks amazing. Wouldn't it be fun to taste each one? You have self restraint to only take one bite of that cake.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful art you made! Hehe, those cakes.... nothing for me - but how great to still have childhood friends!! That is amazing and wonderful, it made me smile big. With that I wish you a happy, yummy T-Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post, Linda, so much beautiful art. Your ICADS are the best I have seen anywhere. And of course, I love the tag, thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday, much appeciated. And that food - sigh! And the cakes - sigh again! So fabulous. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. You gave us beautiful art this week. I especially like the solstice entry. The card is great, too. But your ICADs are what are especially stunning. I love that you told us about the German scrap. I have some (from Cindy) and use it very sparingly. It's also been forever since I've seen Paper Whimsy girls. These ICADs are simply out of this world.

    I was quite surprised at the lunch menu at A Ca Mia. The prices are comparable to Wichita prices. Dinner prices were a tad higher, but not unreasonably so. I guess I was so used to Cape May prices, I was a bit shocked at how affordable your meal was near your home. Thanks for sharing these and the desserts, as well as your cards, journal page, and lemon water with us for T this Tuesday, dear Linda.




    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy first day of summer Linda. I am loving all the art today. Especially the last summer piece. That is gorgeous. And your tag is great-thank you for sharing it with us at TIOT. I love how you made it on cardboard. Nice recycling. And nice ICADS too. And your lunch looks soooo yummy. Wow those are huge servings. It is fun to go out to lunch with friends, isn't it? I hope you have a great T day and week ahead. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous art Linda, love the tag for Tag Tuesday, thank you for joining us. The ICADS are great, what do you do with them afterwards ?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous art Linda, Thank you for sharing your lovely tag with Tag Tuesday. The ICADS are lovely, I was tempted to join, but then I didn’t know what to do with them when I had finished. My studio is full.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aaaah Linda you put me to shame with all you do... I do some art during the week but not near enough and not near as much as you.. All lovely... And the food looks out of this world good!! Thank you so much for sharing and making me hungry this T day!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely art and food Linda! Happy longest day of the year, my birthday in fact -christine at https://cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. All that food looks delicious, and that dessert tray! I like your idea of making the mini-series of the cards. Cool!

    Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Linda so much art here. I hope you join in on Friday Face off this your tags. The vintage faces are beautiful. Oh I will skip the food and go right to the desserts. ha ha ha. Have a great day toda.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Where to begin is always the question with your art work ~ So ~ your tag art is divine ~ lovely and creative ~ Xo ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your icads are awesome ~ which one is a favorite? Possibilities ~ great saying and like the composition a lot ~ sweet ~ Xo

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The sunflower card is so pretty. Wonderful tags and ICADs. I like the way you incorporated the sun for Midsummer today. The food looks delicious especially the dessert tray. Happy Midsummer and T Day

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous tags. Happy Tuesday

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh all that lovely food! And also at an Italian restaurant. Your Cesar chicken salad looks really yummy. (That is what I would have ordered too.) I bet you had a great time with old friends.
    Your Icads are beautiful as always. I love a vintage theme. Possibilities.....
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your ICADs are all absolutely wonderful. The sunshine on your journal page really does look great!. I love your tag - the flower silhouettes are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday. How fabulous or meals look- smart move to order on for hubby - I bet you'll be visiting that restaurant again soon! Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Elegant birthday card and wonderful array of food goodies ~ Xo


    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful last series of icads and great messages ~ love the Summer Solstice creation ~ Happy Weekend to you ~ Xo

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days ~

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Linda: Thanks for stopping by my blog. i am always happy to get to know a fellow bird lover and I can see that you are an accomplished artist too. Your lunch sounds delicious. I wish I could have joined you. Take good care. All the best - David

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Linda, your Birthday card is really beautiful the huge sunflower pics out the pops of yellow within it's background perfectly. All your ICADS are amazing, I really must take some time out to do more myself, love all those recycled bits you've displayed. Your ode to the solstice is a grand display, really pretty.
    Wishing you a wonderful Summer ahead Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Linda, happy Friday, and have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your tag for our challenge at Tag Tuesday is fabulous. Thank you for playing along with us.
    Have to say I just love your index cards, just gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Well yes, I will have a bite of your Chocolate Cake, Thank you :) and I have to add that all of your pieces are beautifully done ... in fact, they look professional. You have mastered your process and the results are amazing.

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  29. My favorites this week is your ICAD:s I like the simplicity and composition. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ah the dessert tray, now you're talking! That all looks delicious and difficult to choose! Loving your mini series ICADs especially that opera pink. Sorry for my lateness. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Linda! I love your card series', they are so creative and hold a lot of meaning, very nice! Oh that dessert tray, how could you choose, I would have said "thank you, you may leave the tray now" lol...I think I'd choose the chicken caesar salad! Your butterfly tag is really pretty! Happy belated Solstice!!! ♥☼♥☼

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow Linda what a great post. So much creativity and inspiration! The meal looks amazing, especially the desserts!! I love your tag too! Thanks for sharing with us at Tag Tuesday.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!