Monday, June 27, 2022

This Week's Musings

 


 Hi all, thought I'd start with this special card for my Mom's upcoming birthday the beginning of July. The dies are all Simon Says Stamp. I cut them from white cardstock and used alcohol markers to color them in. The tricky part here was getting them arranged along with the tag and twine and gluing down bits here and there to keep it all in place.  We won't be having any big party or anything, just the usual dinner at our place with son and DIL.  And speaking of, I didn't show you this gift they got me for Mother's day:

 A personalized mug from Etsy. I know I mentioned it before - but in case someone visits this post and doesn't know, Kyra and Todd are expecting their first child in October and we are going to be first time grandparents💓😁. MéMé is a French term of endearment for "grandmother". My Mom is called that, as was her mother so it was a given for me. And I WILL be teaching baby K some French along the way😉.  Bill was given a special mug for Father's day but I will share that in another post. Cheers to the T Stands For Tuesday gang!

 On to one last journal page for Art Journal Journey with the theme of "fish" this month:


 This page was done on a watercolor page in the Dina Wakley White 6" x 6" Media Journal. I really love working in this square size. I mixed a few green and blue toned Daniel Smith and Van Gogh watercolors for the painted squares and once dry made some pencil scribbles in them. The fish and sentiments were fussy cut from some old collage sheets from my stash. I finished this simple page by loosely lining the squares using  a black Micron pen.

 And for my next installment of daily ICADs for the 61 day Index Card a Day Challenge! I'm working off prompt but challenging myself to do mini series' of cards . 

Someone asked last week about doing series like this. I am enjoying it very much! It keeps me from getting bored, I'm using up what I have collected over the years- old and new, and if I'm getting certain supplies out for a card why not make more than one before moving on 😁. And anther asked what I do with all my cards. Some are sent out as RAKS or happy mail, some go on a folded notecard to send out, some go on an art journal page. I keep the others in  clear plastic baggies labeled by each year. 

ICAD 21/61

 ICAD 22/61

    ICAD 23/61

 These three were the last in series 3. There is a description in my last post here.

 Now on to my next series (4th so far). This series will all consist of Dina Wakley paints, stencils, Church Doodles Collage papers (tissues), and Typed Ledgers papers (the sentiments/quotes). Also, some wonky stitching, washi tape and a bit of mark making.

 ICAD 24/61

        ICAD 25/61

           ICAD 26/61

       ICAD 27/61


 There will be a few more of this series in my next post. Also happy to join Rain's Thursday Art Date and Friday Face Off with Nicole! Have a fantastic week ahead🤗

         It’s a smile, it’s a kiss, it’s a sip of wine … It’s summertime!”       Kenny Chesney










32 comments:

  1. I hope your mother's birthday is great. It's a very nice card. She must be excited to become a great-grandmother!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your mom has a wonderful 80th. She must be excited to be a great grandmother come October. And i can only guess how excited you will be. That mug is a perfect way to get ready for the big event. And thanks for that wonderful fish page for Mia's challenge at AJJ. And I enjoyed your ICADS. this week also. Have a great T day and week ahead. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun mug! How wonderful that the name you chose was passed down from your grandmother. Beautiful art!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda, always beautiful art here. I loved the card you made your Mom, and I have enjoyed seeing the ICAD's that are being shared I often wondered what everyone does with these afterwards so appreciated you sharing about yours. Loving your special cup too Happy T hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet mug Meme to be! Lovely art

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yippeeee for a new baby, Mémé!
    The fishes are cute, too and oh that ICAD is wonderful. OK, plural. (I write as I go through - obviously ;-)...)
    Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your summertime! I love all your beautiful art The ICADs are more than fabulous. Love the beautiful journal page, too. Ans a very happy birthday to your Mom. Enjoy your mémé mug, too. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm having trouble leaving a comment, so I hope after turning my computer off and back on this morning, it will help.

    I hope your mother has a wonderful 80th. That's a beautiful card.

    What a fabulous mug. I am sure you are excited and this is an even better way to celebrate the coming event.

    I love the ICADs you shared that are based on Paper Whimsy. They are still my favorites. Somehow, I can't fall in love with those Dina faces. I know! Art is so subjective.

    Thanks for sharing your card, ICADs, and new mug with us for T this Tuesday, dear Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The birthday card you made is nothing short of stunning. If I received something so beautifully made just for me it would make my whole year, let alone the day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love to work in series... Gives me a chance to get all my ideas out.. as there are always several ways to do something.. I just love your ICADS... Nice card for your Mother too... and it was lovely of you to cook her a meal.. Was there cake??!! lol My Mother was called Nanny... My Mother in Law Granny... My Dad's Mom.. Grandma... I was very close to my Grandma and wanted to be called Grandma too.. Started out fine.. then out of the blue the 4yr old started calling me Granny...lol And you know that 4 yr old granddaughter running up to my door calling 'Granny ! Granny!' happy to see me was just as sweet... Happy happy T day Linda! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. The card is lovely and is perfect for your mom's upcoming birthday. Also nice news about being a grandma. Your art is just beautiful. I really like the new series and they are perfect for Friday Face Off. I hope to see them there. Have a really nice day today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet card. 80! Nice! I like your series cards. Happy T Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an elegant birthday card for MiMi ~ congrats to you on becoming the next MiMi ~ love it ~ Xo

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a bountiful and beautiful collection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wishing your mom a wonderful 80th birthday. Your ICADs look beautiful again, so much work with all that stitching. I also like the fish page - such brilliant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's such a beautiful card, I'm sure your mum will love it and sending her happy 80th birthday wishes! Loving all your artwork too, the fish squares are gorgeous with the blue backgrounds. That's a pretty mug too - wishing you a very Happy T Day 😁. Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your cards are always so beautiful. How lovely that you will be the next generation of Mimi and a sweet reminder with the mug. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card Linda and happy birthday to your mum. I'm loving this current ICAD mini series, so colourful. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on soon becoming first-time grandparents. You will love it. :) I love all your ICADs. And it sounds like you have a lot of great ways to use them. That is a beautiful flower you created for your Mom's card. It is beautifully colored with the alcohol inks. Happy T Day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for linking the beautiful watercolour page with the fish with Mia's theme at AJJ this month Linda. Your art pieces look fantastic as always.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome fish art ~ love the color palette ~ Xo

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days ~

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a lovely card for your Mother.
    And your ICADS are beautiful.
    And congratulations to you for soon becoming a grandparent!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations and luv all your art today

    Much💚love

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great combination of Rain's and Nicole's challenges! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy 80th Birthday to your mother, Linda! I hope she enjoys her milestone day. I really connected with "You are capable of becoming more than you realize." A perfect quote for the expression on the little boy's face. I taught young kids like him throughout my teaching career, and I would have loved to have this piece in my classroom. You create compelling faces with so few lines. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you so much for joining Friday Face Off.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Revisit from Face Off, this post definitely has enough faces to quality, even fish faces! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful art, Linda. Especially love the ICAD cards.
    Happy inspirational July 💚🌺🌿

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy 80th to your mother and she will love the card ... it is a beauty! So who knew an index card could be so versatile and fun and even beautiful. Your quotes are eye opening and useful to many . Congratulations on being a new Grandmother (Me'me') it is a whole new wonderful world and you love every minute of it. Lovely post, Linda ...

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your card art Linda! And that mug, so cute! Mémé!! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks, Linda for coming by and giving loving support for my loss of Angel ~ I hurt so much ~ sigh


    Thank you for your warmth and caring for my loss of Angel ~ Xo


    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!