Friday, September 21, 2012

A New Found Art Addiction!

    On a previous post I mentioned seeing so many posts on other blogs lately about the Gelli Arts Gelli Plate. The results I've been seeing with this printing plate by those whose blogs I regularly follow such as:
Patty (Magpie's Nest),   Penny (A Penny for your Thoughts),  Dina Wakley (Ponderings), Jenny (Texterial),  Jane Davies (Collage Journeys), and  Kate Crane(The Kathryn Wheel)
had me dying to own one of my own!! If you click on their links it should take you right to their posts on gelatin printing, along with their fabulous examples. I'm sure I've seen other bloggers post examples but I can't remember them all unfortunately (note to self to jot things down as I see them!). If any of those who visit here would like to share a link I'd be happy to post it.

   I ordered mine from dickblick.com but you can also order it from Gelli Arts website. Gelli Arts also has a fabulous blog full of tips, techniques, tutorials and videos! Of course as soon as it arrived I readied my space and materials for first thing in the morning.

  The following are samples of my very first results. All prints were done on Staples cardstock as recommended to start but I plan on playing with lots of other substrates including fabric-the possibilities are endless!

  These are the supplies I used for mark making :

 
 
  I also used a handful of acrylic paints in various colors, along with a brayer. These are the results:
 
 

 These are first prints.




These are "ghost prints" meaning that after making the original prints I used these cardstock sheets to pick up any remaining paint on the plate before going on to other colors.


   I typically love lots of color but I think these are my favorite so far!


  These are 8 1/2" x 11" so I plan on cutting them into 4 small pieces and using them to add more inks and things over top using techniques form the Gelli Arts blog. I'll post them once I'm done. If they turn out OK I'll use them as backgrounds for cards.
 
  I hope you've been inspired to check out this wonderful product along with the artists' links at the top of this post. I'm linking this to Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's Art Journal Everyday blog challenge along with a "new to me" challenge blog:  Paint Party Friday. here's to new discoveries and new inspirations-cheers!

       "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot


18 comments:

  1. these are just gorgeous. I've been a little intimidated to try the Gelli plate but after your post, I might just take the leap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I want one of those Gelli plates. They look like an awful lot of fun! I like what you did! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful mark-making, colors and patterns!

    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am your newest blog follower, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, cool. I have to say I didn't know about Gelli before your great post. Hmmmm... looks like a lot of fun. I think I'll have to give it a try. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never used those plates, but they sure look like fun. Beautiful artwork!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great play, Linda!. LOVE the modern design and the colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look so cool!! I'll have to check out those Gelli's

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really cool! I can see why you're so addicted to it! Lovely prints especially the blue ones!

    Duaa

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am aching to try this too!! I love yours!! All of them are wonderful!! I just pinned it so I can come back when I get a gel pad!! Thanks for sharing all this yummy color and action!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have one and haven't used it nearly enough. You have inspired me to get going!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful Gelli Arts, and welcome to PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving how you've used the Gelli pad. Have fun. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, I can see why you like it! More than cool - have fun! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have my fingers and my ears and am singing LOUDLY (la-la-laaaaa) so I don't hear you! I do NOT need another temptation. See how bad you are?

    (it does look like fun, tho......maybe this winter).

    Hugs
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, they look gorgeous! I've been thinking about buying one too, but still hesitating ...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! These look wonderful Linda! Don't you love it? I bought another one (had a 40% off coupon!) just so I could show someone else how to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for mentioning my blog! So glad you like the Gelli!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!