Monday, March 14, 2022

T Stands For BirThday!




 I am going to forget all about the winter storm that dumped 4.5 " of snow on us along with heavy, gusty winds Saturday, and go right to my birthday, which is on this Tuesday, the 15th! 63 and proud of it:) I'd love nothing more than to share a piece of cake and a drink with the T Stands For Tuesday gang💓. My Mom bought the cake- same one she got me last year  because everyone liked to so much- a chocolate cake filled with a layer of chocolate pudding, and a layer of chocolate cream in between cake layers 😋. Kyra and Todd also joined us for dinner which hubby took care of (so I wouldn't have to cook) by way of carry out pizzas, and it was definitely a wonderful indulgence! Cheers!

 This journal page can also be for T Stands For Tuesday, but I made it first with Try It On Tuesday (black and white plus any one  color):

 
 "Come, have a cup with me". Napkin and magazine collage. 
Next up two cards I made for blog challenges:


 This card is meant for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge (Bit o' Green). 
Products: small notecard, white cardstock (Recollections); Embossed Foil Shamrock Sticker (Dollar Store); Stitched Circle wafer dies, Leaves Lucky to Know You stencil set (Simon Says Stamp shop); Inks- Colorbox Fluid Chalk - Olive Pastel, Lime Pastel, Gray Whale.

 I made another card using the same background for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge (Feminine):


 I positively LOVE the Etched Layered Daisy Wafer dies from Simon Says Stamp! Here I turned it into a sunflower using alcohol markers to color it in. The friend Wafer dies is also Simon Says Stamp.

 The theme for this month over at Art Journal Journey is "Spring" and so I made this journal page:



 Dina Wakley: white journal; Aloe, Sage, Carnation, Rouge, Fir, Lime paints; Always Flowers stamp set; white collage paper(tissue). Tim Holtz Small Talk Menus sticker. Bees are from a napkin. Black, white Posca pens. 

 And now I am going to take a look back to the very first time I linked  art to Paint Party Friday. It goes back to September of 2012- the same year I began my blog in March on my birthday:) Paint Party Friday is celebrating 11 years soon, but sadly the time has also come for it to end with the birthday celebration. We have been asked to share a collage of some older art posted for their blog. I have been having trouble making a collage so I will share  some individual art like this one:


Besides being my first link to PPF, this post was my first foray into Gelli Plate printing!!

 And finally, since it is St. Patrick's Day this Thursday I will share this journal spread also from 2012:


 Slainte🍺🍻!

  


May flowers always line your path and sunshine light your day.
May songbirds serenade you every step along the way.
May a rainbow run beside you in a sky that's always blue.
And may happiness fill your heart each day your whole life through.
- Traditional Irish Blessing









 


 




36 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Linda. I love how you had pizza for dinner and had that absolutely delicious sounding cake. I would like that too. I love those photos of you with your cake. And you have some great art this week. Nice black and white + 1 color piece. And it's perfect for T too. Thanks for sharing with us. And I also love your spring page for Valerie's challenge at AJJ. I am partial to the bees, but whole page is beautiful and feels like spring. I hope you have a great birthday tomorrow and all your snow melts or is melted for it. I also hope you have a nice week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun post, Linda. Happy Birthday! That cake looks wonderful and you look so happy. Great nostalgic art and love your new page and cards. So perfect for this time of year. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Linda and perfect food for the occasion The cake sounds delicious.
    Enjoyed seeing all of your art this week and love the Spring page especially. Happy T Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy, happy Birthday, Linda - to a great new year - cheers! And Pizza, hmmmm.
    Love all your wonderful work, too.
    Happy T-Day, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, you look so gorgeous, even more gorgeous than the cake! Love all of your onderful creations, and of course the journal page for my spring challenge at AJJ is my fave, thanks so much! Have a great birthday week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Linda! You look so happy and omg that cake!!!! Wow!!! Your cards are so lovely, those flowers are pretty! ☺ I'll have a cuppa with you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! and many more :) Your meal sounds wonderful. Pizza is always a favorite here, and the cake sounds delicious. Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Linda. I actually made it in time for your birthday. Happy birthday. Love the photos and the cake. It sounds so yummy. Thanks so much for sharing it with us for T this Tuesday.

    You always make the most incredible art. I love the tea inspired page for T this week, and of course I simply ADORE the beautiful page you created for Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey. Really wonderful art. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, too, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Linda! Wow, that cake looks so amazing and I bet it tasted delicious too - yum (smile!). Loving all your art, especially your beautiful spring journal page. Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Linda!! I love the photos of you and the cake which, by the way, looks delicious. Layers of chocolate pudding and chocolate cream? It can't get better than that. I LOVE your AJJ page, it is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday! 💐The cake looks fabulous. I hope all your snow is gone by today. Your cards are so pretty and I love the flowers. Since we have sunshine and warm temps, I have Spring Fever today. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very happy birthday Linda! 63 Is such a good age! And I love that chocolate cake! Good choice. How sweet of hubby to get pizza so you wouldn't have to cook. All in all a fantastic celebration!
    Your art is amazing as always.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday Linda! How fun that we have the same birthday, I have a friend whose birthday is tomorrow but didn't know anyone who shared the same day, and now I do :) I love all your art and especially your sunflower and the St Pat's pages. Sorry to hear that PPF is ending, it almost ended last year was it, so I'm sad that it is ending now. Your birthday cake looks and sounds delicious! Happy T Day Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday, your cake looks great. I love your spring journal page especially.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very happy Birthday to you! That cake looks delicious and sounds exactly like a cake that we used to get in Hannafords Grocery Store Bakery in NY. WE called it a chocolate Bomb cake because it was SO rich but SO amazing. YUM! I miss that cake.
    Your journaling is lovely and I love the flowers the best.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  16. Multi-chocolate cake sounds like a great birthday treat! Many happy returns of the day!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy happy happy birthday to you. That cake looks amazing. Your art look like spring. I wish it would get here. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Happy Birthday again to you ~ am sure you had a great one ~ good company, great foods and libation and fun and love ~ Xo

    Wishing you love and laughter in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely magazine and napkin collage work Xo

    Wishing you love and laughter in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, Linda! A belated Happy Birthday to you! (A card is on its way; sorry to be so late with it!) Your cake looks amazing and I think it tasted even better than it looked. So glad you had your family there to celebrate with you. Here's to another year full of love and good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Belated Birthday Linda and a lovely photo of you with that fabulous cake, sounds delicious. Great art and I love the page with the Dina Wakley flowers, must get mine inked up again. Great page for Try it on Tuesday, so thanks for sharing.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great 'friend' card and St Paddy's Day Card ~ Xo

    Wishing you lots of love and peace in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Belated Happy Birthday Linda! The cake sounds delicious! I love your journal page- I'm ready for Paris. Thanks so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! The cards are beautiful, as is the flower page for Valerie's 'Spring' theme at AJJ. Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Birthday! Wishing you all the best! Happy PPF. Loving your artwork. Beautiful! Wishing you a lovely weekend. Much love and positivity, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your Celtic Journal pages are awesome ~ Xo

    Wishing you lots of love and laughter in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  26. We will all miss PPF, but we will still meet up at T Day and oter challenges. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Birthday Linda! Lovely cards for the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Find joy in the ordinary, Absolutely!!!

    We are still connected at Tag Tuesdays and instagram
    Lets keep making fun art. Link to my blog on Fridays

    much💜love

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy belated Birthday Linda, you look amazing and so does that huge chocolate cake.. delicious. Beautiful artwork, you always display something inspiring every time I visit. I especially love the AJJ Spring creation, such a lovely design. I will really miss PPF your last shares are superb to reflect back on.
    Happy PPF, catch you in blogland very soon Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy Birthday, Linda (those pictures are so fun)! There is so much joy in this post!! It is so wonderful to have a look back at your first PPF post - it has been great to have you party with us for so many years! I'm glad we'll be able to keep in touch through Instagram :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. A very Happy Belated Birthday to you, Linda!
    Your cake looks delicious.
    You spring journal page looks beautiful
    Happy Spring! It's definiely on the way.
    And Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  32. love yoru journals and hope you had a great birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. A Very Happy Birthday, dear Linda!! That cake sound too good to be true!! No wonder everyone like it. Such amazing array of artwork. I am so glad we met over PPF, Linda, I know we will keep in touch for sure :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gelli plate creations are lovely ~ do hope we find a replacement for PPF ~ sigh ~ Happy Creating and Weekend to you ~ Xo

    Wishing you lots of laughter and love in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wishing you a Happy Week ~ Xoo

    Wishing you love and laughter in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks so much for painting and partying with us all these years at PPF! Since 2012!! Wow!!
    Belated Happy Birthday!
    xoxo
    EVA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!