Monday, March 21, 2022

Happy Spring Happy News

 


 Happy spring to all in the Northern Hemisphere! We are still having up and down weather but temps are rising, the sun is shining longer, the trees and flowers are budding, and the seasonal birds are arriving -yay!

 Thank you all for the birthday wishes last week 💓🙏. I'm still getting a few cards in the mail:).

 I'm going to start with two announcements before I get into the art and blog challenges.

First, our son Todd started a new business blog - remoteworkjunkie.com. He sold his last business blog (which was quite successful) but has decided he really enjoys blogging about business in his spare time and loves sharing his experience with others. This blog already has LOTS of content and links regarding working remotely. Would love for you to check it out 👍.

 And secondly:


 Bill and I  are going to be grandparents for the first time!!! Todd and Kyra are expecting their first child mid October, and of course we are all so very happy!!!They will eventually want to find out the baby's sex but have decided to go with a woodland animals theme no matter as they love the outdoors, hiking and visiting the national parks. Photo is courtesy of Kyra - thanks my girl💓
 
 Now for some art. This is an art journal page I will link to Art Journal Journey (Spring),  the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge (Bright and Cheerful), and Paint Party Friday:  


Supplies: Dina Wakley kraft media journal, paints- Rouge, Ruby, Carnation, white Gloss Spray, Collage Papers - Elements (tissue flowers), Just Words, stencils- Lattice, Mantras. Other- white acrylic paint, Tim Holtz Small Talk Menus sticker. 

 Next up is a card for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge (Use your favorite things):


 I have been making cards -stamping, using decorative papers and cards, and die cutting for many years and here I am using my favorite new die (flower), and favorite new stamp set. 
Products: Simon Says Stamp Etched Layered Daisy wafer dies, Stitched Banners wafer dies.; Pink Fresh Studio Floral Bunch clear stamp set (sentiment); Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks- Squeezed Lemonade, Fossilized Amber; Versafine Onyx Black ink; yellow, brown, white cardstocks; patterned notecard- Sunbeam Meadow set from the Paper Studio.

Time for a break  so let's join T Stands For Tuesday with a favorite beverage and see what everyone there is up to this week:


 Last week I made a large baking pan of pumpkin bread so I could freeze some for later. Of course I had to have a bit -with coffee :). Happy T day!

 And one more journal page in the Dina Wakley Media Kraft Journal:


  Supplies are all Dina Wakley 😁.

 Lastly, I want to say one HUGE final thank you to Paint Party Friday and our incredible hosts Eva and Kristin for the 11 years it has run. This photo collage is of our lovely hosts- courtesy of them:


 It's been a fabulous long ride and I have "met" so many beautiful creatives through PPF I hope to still be in touch with in other ways. Wishing you all the best, whatever the future holds for you! XO.

You will still find me blogging, and I'm also on Instagram - @heartfullyinspiredbylinda.

          "Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light."       Roethke


28 comments:

  1. Wow! Exciting news ~ becoming grand parents! ~ and kudos to your son for starting another blog business ~ Xo

    Wishing you love and laughter in your days ~

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, congratulations for both of your children-both sound exciting especially with a grandbaby on the way. I think that is awesome your daughter loves to hike and camp. I did that growing up visiting the parks and camping. good memories still.
    lovely art thanks for sharing and I just ate the last piece of our pumpkin bread for breakfast this morning. Happy T Spring, and new week Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations for becoming grandparents! I bet you are excited and I hope everything goes well.
    Your art journal page is beautiful and so is the card. The journal page at the bottom is different, but I like it. I enjoy the variety in your art making. Happy T day, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting having a baby on the way. Congratulations Linda. I do love those little LL bean looking booties. They are adorable. And you have some wonderful art today Linda. Thanks for sharing that fun page for Valerie's challenge at AJJ. And your pumpkin bread looks yummy. I hope you have a happy T day and enjoy floating on cloud 9 with the good news. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your art and always inspired by your creativity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations soon becoming grandparents. Beautiful card! I love your header art! Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are those really crocheted LLBean baby boots? Wonderful. And congratulations on the coming baby!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful banner! And, oh, your Son´d blog sure comes in handy, as I work from home again :-)
    Yay for a new baby! I chatted to the big Niece on the weekend. Heck, as if you talk to an adult. Time flies by.
    The shoes, awww...
    Your art is really so beautiful.

    Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the wonderful news. Great for your son and great that you are going to be grandparents in October. What an adorable way to announce the upcoming birth.

    You have lots of great art today. So sad about PPF, even if I never joined. I know a lot of people joined for years, but I can see now that there are so few who still visit compared to previous year, it was probably time to close it down.

    Your art is always something I enjoy. Having a great spring inspired journal page made me smile. Thanks for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using Valerie's theme.

    Your pumpkin bread looks great. I am hungry for some, too. Thanks for sharing it and your coffee with us for T this Tuesday, dear Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are in for a day-long thunderstorm here today, but we were ready for it. I put out my plants on the patio yesterday so they could get a good soak. Congratulations on the grandparent news. How exciting! The pumpkin bread looks delicious; I'll join you in spirit :)

    I don't work, but I checked out the website and can see how helpful it would be.

    Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the grandbaby and to your son's new business. We are in rain rain rain that we need. Love your art. Have a very nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Many congratulations, how exciting to be grandparents and I love the photo provided by Kyra 😀. Such beautiful art too, perfect for spring! Enjoy the warmer weather and Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, Grandma! The announcement is so sweet and those hiking booties are just too cute. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to your son and daughter in law. Will check his blog out too. Lovely art for the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Dina Wakely page is SO vibrant and lively. I love it! And such a beautiful sunflower card. Your art is always lovely.
    How exciting that you are going to be Grandparents! I imagine it is one of the best things in the world aside from being a parent.
    Your pumpkin bread looks delicious! A favorite breakfast bread in our house for sure. What a great idea to freeze it.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful art as always, and so glad you are going to be grandparents, congratulations! And thanks for linking your beautiful journal page to my challenge at AJJ, much appreciated. have great week, happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh your blog feels so much like Spring ~ lovely creative header for sure ~ It is cold and rainy today and still rather cold but heat will come soon enough ~ Xo

    Wishing you love and laughter in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful red, black and white combination on your 'stamp' page and a great message as well ~ Xo

    Wishing you love and laughter in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh grandparents! How special and magical! so amazing and I wish you all the best!!! Loving all your artwork! Spring is so beautiful!Wishing you all the best with everything and have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope we stay connected ~ love your artwork ~ Xo

    Wishing you laughter and love in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Have a great weekend Linda. Pity that PPF has now closed!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on becoming first time Grandparents!
    Lovely art work. I so love the card.
    Enjoy a wonderful weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  23. How exciting to be soon welcoming a new member of the family into the world, a real joy to look forward to congrats to all on this happy news. Again beautiful art work shared this week and I adore your new header.
    Happy PPF how we will all miss it so much.
    Take care & I will catch you in blogland Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on your family news Linda, how exciting on both counts. Also loving your art again this week, I have totally lost my mojo so if you find it send it on home lol. Sad about PPF I only discovered it later but enjoyed my time linking up. Sorry for my lateness, struggling with my sprained wrist. Happy belated T Day Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. How exciting! Congratulations to you both! Beautiful art work - love that Spring page for AJJ especially! Glad you enjoyed your cake - no point making it and not eating it fresh!!! Belated happy T day, Chrisxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hope you are finding 'joy in the ordinary' ~ But becoming grand parents is in the very special category ~ so happy for you all ~ Xo

    Wishing you love and laughter in all your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!