Monday, March 7, 2022

March Madness

 


 Aah yes, March madness- and I'm not talking about basketball! Talking about the continued crazy weather. Record breaking highs the last two days with rain and a T storm around, then down to below freezing the remainder of the week with snow and a wintry mix predicted for Wednesday-😲. I have both a pair of flip flops and a pair of winter boots next to each other right now!

 Enough of that, let's get to the art. My first is a journal spread meant for Art Journal Journey (theme is Spring for this month), and the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge (Add Some Green):



 Products: Dina Wakley- kraft journal; Fir, Sage, Syrup, Orchid paints; Angled Blobs, Lattice  stencils, and Sprouts mask/stencil set; Face is from Elements Collage paper pack; Typed Ledgers set1; White Gloss Spray; text stamp in the flowers are from the Ledger Girls stamp set. Other- Jet Black Archival ink, black Posca pen.

 This journal page I recently shared on IG and I will add to Tag Tuesday with the new theme of "Flowers or Plants":


 In my last post my friend Carol from acreativeharbor.com asked in the comments what favorite art journal would I recommend to purchase so I thought I'd share my favorites here. Really, much will depend on what mediums you are going to use, and whether or not you like a spiral binding. Personally I like the spiral bound journals so long as I use each page individually rather than attempting a two page spread. So, here we go:

1. I love all the Dina Wakley Journals but my very favorites have become - the kraft journal and the white journal. They are   6" x 6" square format journals. The kraft is made of heavy cardstock, excellent for acrylics and mixed media- but not watercolors. The white journal is made with very thick, heavy cotton rag watercolor paper. If you don't mind the textured paper it will take on any medium you throw on it!

2. Strathmore Watercolor Spiral Bound Visual Journal 8" x 5 1/2". Made of heavy paper. Excellent for watercolors and other mediums as well. I must have about 7 of these either finished or being worked in:)

3.Canson XL Mixed Media Pad 7" x 10". Spiral bound. Really good for most all mediums. I also have  a handful of these ;)

 Hope this was helpful Carol. 

 What are your favorites people? 



  My Mom received a container of assorted mini chocolate bottles that are each filled with assorted real alcohol  and she brought them to dinner one time for us to each have one as our "after dinner" drink if you will😁. They are only 2 1/4" high. Once you bite off the solid neck of the bottle you can sip out the alcohol (of which there is very little in these tiny cavities) and finish with the remaining bite of chocolate. I remember getting these in Europe every time I went- they are very hard to come by in the US with the actual alcohol in them. Have you ever tried these or seen them? Cheers!

 And now I have a card for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge (Add a Diecut):

 
 Products: small white notecard, black card stock (Recollections); Neenah Solar White #110 card stock (Simon Says Stamp); Spectrum Noir alcohol markers; Diamonds Stickles glitter glue, white embossing powder, Jet Black Archival ink (Ranger); sentiment (Papertrey Ink - mega Mixed Messages set); Floral Bunch stamp set and dies (Pink Fresh Studio).

 And a larger photo:


 Linking my art in this post  also to Paint Party Friday. Happy week to you. Let's keep praying for Ukraine 🙏.

"Above all we must realize that each of us makes a difference with our life. Each of us impacts the world around us every single day. We have a choice to use the gift of our life to make the world a better place – or not to bother."          Jane Goodall


 


33 comments:

  1. Linda ~ thank you for posting the art journals that you like ~ shall check them out but just started a collage mixed media journal ~ so won't purchase another one yet ~ also thanks for the link to my blog mentioned ~ Always lovely creations here and got inspired by you when I decided to get back to collaging ~ so thanks for the inspiration `Xo

    Wishing you lots of love and peace in your days ~

    ShutterBug Explores,
    aka ( A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, beautiful post seeing your art, and thank you for your suggestions for journals-I would like to try painting again and a couple of those sound perfect.
    at Christmas time there are catalogs that sell those chocolate bottles with liquer in them. I bought a small amount one year and was very disappointed in the ones I got-hardly anything in them at all especially for the price. they are cute though and the dark chocolate was good.
    Happy T Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your kraft journal and card. I was just looking at that visual journal this afternoon as I am looking for a new daily journal. It is always nice to hear recommendations.
    I too have flip flops and boots next to each other. It is a guessing game for sure.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really have a favorite art journal, but I liked working in a bound Strathmore journal with mixed media paper. The only thing I didn't like was that not every page spread lay flat, but apart from that I really like it. I have a few spiral bound ones as well that I haven't used yet, I usually am not too crazy about spiral bound. - your art work is beautiful, I like your art journal spread on top and the page with the tag very much. The flowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm in love with your tag, thank you for linking to tag tuesday. gorgeous journal page as well. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy T day Linda. I know what you mean about weather. Welcome to March when it is supposed to be spring. That's a great page for Valerie's challenge at AJJ. Thanks for sharing. I just love those pink cheeks. When I try to do pink cheeks they always look strange. And fun drink to T day this week. Have a great week ahead with hopefully not too much snow or cold. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda! I loved reading your post and seeing your beautiful art work this evening! Your first art journal spread is gorgeous! I think it is perfect for spring, and I just LOVE the sentiment you used! The second is another beauty! The colorful tag against the Kraft background looks amazing! And your card is stunning! I love the gorgeous colors and beautiful flowers! Thank you for sharing your art with all of us today!! Hugs, Sharon P.S.And I loved that you shared your favorite art journals, too! Mine is the Dina Wakley 6 x 6 white journal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your journal spread is wonderful, and I love the gorgeous die cuts card. Thanks for sharing about the best journals. That is very useful information. Happy T Day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful new banner!!!
    Oh, I sadly cannot let go of "my" Little Giant Girl...
    Uh-oh. I am afraid of fire, yet having a little brother I had to go through that, literally!
    Oh, there are so many products out there!
    I´m not good enough, I´ll stick to what I have and that´s OK - but interesting to see what´s out there!
    Huh, now that looked like... hehe, only small samples, funny! The chocolate, though... I´d skip, LOL.
    And no. I have never seen those!
    Great card. Job-interview soon - I hope I can celebrate, this is a good sign!
    Henry dressed up for the Ukrainians, the news are running in the background. Sad as it all is, they seem to stay strong!
    Happy T-Day, maybe I should take a "sip" ;-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful art, Linda. The journal pages are fab with your great backgrounds and interesting details and thoughts. The card is gorgeous. My favorite journals are Dina's too - which I learned about from watching you and a few other AJJ artists. The smaller ones have become my favorites. Those drink filled chocolates look super fun! Yum! Happy Tday and have a fab week! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a good Tuesday. Enjoyed your tags

    Much💓love

    ReplyDelete
  12. My sincere apologies for this universal message, but my electricity has been off from about 4:25 Monday afternoon until shortly after 7:40 this morning. A transformer blew in my neighborhood. I heard the boom and felt the aftershock. It was a bitterly cold, windy night, so once my hands get warm and I get hot coffee and food in me, and I’ve had a chance to sleep (sleep was impossible in the cold), I’ll be by to visit properly. In the meantime, please accept my apology for not leaving a proper comment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We've been having record highs in the 80s, but today I woke up to mid-30s. Brrr! I've never seen those little bottles, but what a fun treat that would be. Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh March Madness is an
    awesome creation and the message is dynamic ~ so true ~ Xo


    Wishing you love and peace in your day,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such beautiful journal pages! Loving the colours and the spring feel 😁. I smiled at the winter boots and flipflops too. Hope you get spring weather soon and wishing you a very Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow really beautiful art and chocolate bottles filled with alcohol that is too cool. Have a great day today.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonederful art as always! Happy T Day in these sad and scary times, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Enjoyed the art. I had not heard of the kreat paper journal but it sounds like something I would enjoy working in. Now if I just had some some of those little choc. bottles I'd be good to go, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your 'kraft' journal page. (and quote) And the card is beautiful!
    What a lovely special treat your mom gave each of you. I have never seen those miniature chocolate liquor bottles. Here they have chocolates with rum inside or cherry liquor but they are not in the shape of a bottle.
    Happy T-Day (And happy Women's Day),
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the journal pages. I'm trying out some new sketchbooks at the moment. I have had the little chocolate bottles, not much booze in them at all but they are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful tag art creation ~ do love those faces and the message is great! ~ Xo

    Wishing you love and peace in your day,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh those little 'chocolate liquors' sound so yummy ~ Xo

    Wishing you love and peace in your day,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  23. 'Celebrate Today ~ feels and looks like Spring with the divine flowers and colors Xo

    Wishing you love and peace in your day,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  24. You make the most of your journals and stencils. I think I have stencil envy (grin). I like how you spread the design across both pages. Thank you for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey, Linda.

    I've discovered collage fodder and your tag reminds me of some of the fodder I have seen. It is lovely. Your card is amazing. I am in awe of how beautifully you color the die cut, too.

    It was so nice of your mother to share these adorable bottles of alcohol filled chocolate bottles. I've never seen any like them, but these are absolutely perfect for T this Tuesday, dear Linda.

    BTW, I am glad you didn't mind that I used your return address label with the tea cup on it in my coffee/tea book. It was the perfect size and I fell in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous journal spread and tag! I remember my parents having those liquor miniature chocolates - I'm sure they are still around now here. Love the flower card - great colours ! Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful artwork and the chocolate looks delicious. :) Happy Paint Party Friday! All the best and enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wishing you a happy creative weekend ~ may we get only rain please ~ Xo

    Wishing you love and peace in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your journal page is fantastic Linda, beautifully put together it would make a fabulous fabric print. Your tag is awesome too, I need some time to try and play @ Tag Tuesday soon. Great nod to those chosen journals, I do look forward to seeing Carols pages. Happy PPF & every prayer to Ukraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wonderful art and I love the header. Happy PPF and have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely art Linda, check canva.com for collage pages, it is website and app friendly. Create a sign-in, a design, choose a template and it works well for me!

    ReplyDelete
  31. always meaningful art but those alcoholic chocolates are calling my name!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. "I have both a pair of flip flops and a pair of winter boots next to each other right now!" I´m not surprised, it is kind of, the same where I live. Your
    journal spread says uit too. :) Hope you have a bit warmer now.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your Tag is fabulous.
    Thank you for playing along with us at Tag Tuesday x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!