Thursday, July 12, 2012

Prayer Flags Blowing Gently in The Breeze

   Hi all. Hope everyone's enjoying the summer. This will be another quick post. I just got back from about 4 fabulous days at the beach and now I'm in go mode organizing and downloading photos and preparing for a Bastille Day/ birthday party for maman on Saturday. I'm making French foods including my uncle's paté (the ONLY time I have chicken livers in the house!) and 2 special desserts. I hope to have some photos to post next week.

 I returned home to find a lovely package from Barb Burkard who hosted a prayer flag swap on FaceBook. You can read more about it and see my flags here.

 They are hanging on my washline and blowing gently on this gorgeous summer day.



  They are (from left to right) made by: Dawn Gold, Martha Brown, me, Megan Hull, G Ian Gioseffi, Sandee Hyde, Barbara Burkard, Nancy Maxwell James, and Tanya Peacock. I think they coordinate so beautifully as we had a garden theme. It brings me such joy to go out and see them. Thank you, thank you, thank you all for your beautiful flags!

  If you'd like to see more of Sandee's gorgeous prayer flags click on her name above which will take you to her blog. I think Sandee really loves making them, and I love her bright and happy colors :)

  Also, my friend Lenna Andrews is hosting a 3/3 prayer flag swap. She has a wonderful tutorial she provides along with links, tips and PDFs for you to download. You can read about it and sign up here. Yes, I'm all signed up :)

   Thank you for stopping by. Until next time...

"A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees."    Amelia Earhart

4 comments:

  1. Don't they look wonderful all together x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy, fun project :). Did you use your beautiful intricate hand-carved stamps on your flag?. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Shahrul. I didn't use my carved stamps on the flag but I did use my carved alphabet on the journal page in the post above this one.

      Delete
  3. Oh my ... such lovely creations
    each and every one!

    I am off to check out your links ... thank you for sharing and inspiring all ways!

    and I think it goes without saying...I enjoy each and every one of your quotes...they always speak to me dear one!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!