Monday, January 14, 2019

Art and Celebrations


 Hello Peeps! Time really does fly doesn't it... already mid January and no real snow to mention - so- fingers and everything else crossed that the rest of the winter months continue this way although accumulation is predicted for the weekend:(

 There are a few special celebrations to mention. The first one is that we went to our very first "Reveal Party" our sweet young friends had this past Sunday. Have you ever heard of this type of party??? I'll explain:


Lynn and Andrew are expecting their first child and had a party to reveal what the gender of the baby is going to be.

 They had gotten a sealed envelope ( so that even Lynn and Andrew didn't know) from the doctor to take to the baker who made the cake. Inside the cake it would have either blue or pink. Oh the anticipation- and everyone making a guess (hubby and I said  "girl")


and......


  It's a BOY!!! They also had this recorded live for Facebook and facetime as they have friends and family scattered about the US. Such a wonderful way to get the news and celebrate all at the same time - physically or virtually!


 Sharing with T Stands for Tuesday as you can see the cups, glasses and drinks along with the food. And Elizabeth I knew you'd especially like this last pic:) That is a vintage rocking horse.

 This week we are celebrating hubby's 60th birthday!! No photos yet but I am quite busy leaving snarky messages in his lunch each day,preparing for  other things, and the cards are beginning to come in! I am having so much fun with it all! His birthday is Thursday the 17th but I will have a family dinner over the weekend. All teasing aside he is in great shape and for his birthday wanted to go to Cape May in May to run a 5 K race! I'm quite happy to cheer him on at the beach:)

 I will share this journal page with the Simon Monday Challenge for the theme of "Recycle Something":


 I recycled an old calendar with pages of doors and quotes, and recycled the corrugated cardboard too. Some of you may have seen this on Instagram as I post there too. The bokeh dots are painted with a pearl medium to give them a sheer and glowing look. The background is a stencil  that I sprayed Gray Marabu Art Spray through. I'll also join Art Journal Journey for the theme of "geometric shapes" hosted by Alison this month.

 And here is the full journal page I did (detail pic is at the top of my post) using my word of the year again:



  I had also shared this one on Instagram for a 15 minute "use it up, fill it up" month long challenge hosted by Tiffany of SouthernGalsDesigns. Yes, I did finish it in 15 min as I began with a page that already had the leftover paint and spatters on it. I also had already made a few dymo tape pieces with my word of the year. I stenciled the red circle and added the rest from my stash of ephemera. The sewn fabric with tulle was already done when I grabbed this piece, and well, who doesn't have butterflies lying around? I'm finding this to really be a fun challenge- not much time to think or overthink!

 Joining also with Paint Party Friday. Have a super week everyone- and thanks for stopping by here on my blog and/or on my Instagram page!

 " As soon as I change my focus and let go of what no longer serves my highest good, I create space for greater fulfillment in my life."

40 comments:

  1. Gorgeous butterfly page!
    Happy Birthday to your hubby!
    Reveal parties are always a lot of fun,,,,,,everybody is excited.
    Happy T-day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of reveal parties but I have never been to one.But the cake is such a cool way to do it.Sounds like a really fun time. And I agree, I could do with no real snow this winter but sounds like wee are also going to get some (or a lot) this weekend. Sigh. And I like the art this week too. Especially that bright summery butterfly. Have a wonderful T day Linda. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. i always love seeing your art each week. I had heard of reveal parties-on the tv-this was a great way to share the news-exciting for everyone.
    Happy Birthday to your Hubs-good for him for the race on the beach.
    Happy T Hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful butterfly page, really amazing! Happy birthday to your husband! The reveal party sounds like fun, too. Have a great week, happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been to one reveal party about a year ago. I had forgotten how fun they can be and how much anticipation there is. Yes, Linda, I saw the rocking horse and it is definitely fabulous.

    Your art this week is wonderful. I was especially impressed with the stencil you used on the recycle something journal page. You turned it into a work of art. Thanks for sharing it using Alison's theme at Art Journal Journey.

    And of course, thanks for taking us to the reveal party and sharing the news with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i´ve never heard of reveal parties, but your post about it is great and you all had so much fun! blessings to the couple and the little boy-to-come ♥
    happy birthday to your hubby, i´m sure you will have a great celebration weekend!
    the butterfly card is awesome, nobody would think it´s a 15min-card!
    happy t-day - xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of a reveal party but it sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate and have some fun.
    Your art projects this week look fantastic, its a great butterfly image.
    Happy Birthday to your husband when his special day arrives.
    Happy T day wishes Linda.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your both pages are so beautiful dear Linda ! So lovely created and I am happy to see you linking to Art Journal Journey again on this T-Day! What a fun party, I am not familiar with this kind of reveal parties here.That's a lovely idea!
    WOW- your wonderful hubby turns 60! Happy Birthday to him and have fun with the celebrations!

    Happy T-Day and happy week and Birthday celebrations!

    Big hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I'm loving your butterfly design, so pretty! It looked like a wonderful party and I love all the pink and blue elements that they included - fabulous 😁. Wishing your hubby a very Happy Birthday! Happy T Day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both celebrations are divine ~ Congrats to the sweet couple on their reveal party and an early Happy Birthday to your hubby ~ fun times! Enjoy ^_^

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a wonderful recycle mixed media collage ~ love it ~ sooo creative!

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  12. No, I'd never heard of a reveal party, Linda. How fun. I love the surprise cake idea. And what a pretty cake it is.

    You made the striking butterfly page in 15 minutes?! I'm really impressed. I like your explanation - not much time to think or overthink!

    Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like the reveal party was a huge success. I think it's interesting that not even the prospective parents knew. Your hubby is staying active. Good for him! 15 minutes?! You're an inspiration :) Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the art today and the reveal party sounds like lots of fun. Hopefully you won't get too much snow this weekend. We are still digging out from last weekends snow.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog ♥
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. My nephew and his wife did a gender reveal and the icing was pink. So much fun and a cute way to share the gender. Happy Birthday to Hubby! I’d like to cheer him on from the beach, too. Not looking forward to snowy weather this weekend. Lovely page wishing seeing butterflies 🦋 was just around the corner. Happy ☕️ Day

    ReplyDelete
  16. Magnificent butterfly creation! So colorful and creative ~ thanks!

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful image with that nice butterfly dear Linda, very well done.
    But what a nice idea to celebrate the secret of a coming baby's gender.
    My best wishes for the coming baby and his young parents.
    Dear Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great photos and wonderful art Linda! Thanks so much for joining with my theme at AJJ!
    Alison xox

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful way to reveal boy or girl! Great T day post!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Have you ever watched series Grace and Frankie with Jane Fonda and LIly Tomlin? They had a reveal party too ~ fun!

    Your butterfly creation is fantastic! You are soooooo creative!

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy PPF and have a great weekend, dear Linda. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely work for the challenges, interesting about the reveal party! Happy Birthday to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your butterfly!! Congratulations on your soon grandson!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby to be is not a grandchild for us-the couple are friends of ours:)

      Delete
  24. Look like your having a lot of fun. I don't know how you manage to do so much, and create all your stunning artwork. Your butterfly is beautiful - love how use colour. BTW, we had snow on Thursday. Belated birthday wishes to hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats to your husband and for the baby's birth.
    Love the butterfly 💗🦋
    Happy Weekend 🍀

    ReplyDelete
  26. That butterfly page certainly drew my attention. I love the white space and the splashes of color.
    Such a fun way to reveal the gender. I never thought to keep ours a secret. The suspense would kill me as I am a planner.
    Happy Belated Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your butterfly piece so much! Congratulations on the soon to be new arrival...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Stay cozy, safe and warm and hope the storm doesn't bring too much 'white stuff' ~

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Linda and Happy PPF :D)
    Your word of the year journal page art is fabulous!
    How interesting to learn about a reveal party... I never knew. A lot of fun for everyone :D)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm one who also never heard of reveal party.
    The blue looks like fabric in your art piece.
    Happy Paint Friday.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very interedting art. This is the first, im hearing of Reveal parties. What fun.

    Thanks for dropping by my blog

    Much🌹love

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the butterfly page. My daughter is expecting in May too, a girl. I'd not heard of a reveal party.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love buttrflies, so of course, it is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. LOving the butterfly journal page! The reveal party sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lot's to celebrate and beautiful art.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wonderful page Linda!love the bright colors you used, your art is always amazing! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hope you are doing well despite the weather ~ stay warm and cozy ^_^

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Very interesting and exciting post. The butterfly is so beautiful excellent addition. Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!