Monday, July 29, 2019

It's Summer, and Anything Goes!


   Couldn't resist beginning with the title and this poster:) Is it cooling off yet where you are in the Northern hemisphere? We had a day or so of more tolerable weather but now the heat and humidity are back on! No wonder I just don't have my usual energy...

 Anyway, we had a most enjoyable music filled weekend including seeing "Anything Goes" at Muhlenberg College's theater on Saturday evening which is under a 10 mile drive to the next town. We had never seen anything here and I've always wanted to as they have such a great reputation for their shows as does DeSales University where we do frequent. This is a fabulous intimate theater and this show was FANTASTIC!! The acting, singing, and dancing was top notch, and well, it is Cole Porter music after all:)

 Then on Sunday we went downtown to again see Craig Thatcher and Nyke Van Wyk perform together:


 It was a FUN night as it always is with Craig (guitar) and Nyke's (violin) powerful playing!

For T stands for Tuesday I want to share the ATCs I made for the special celebration swap Bleubeard and Elizabeth hosted recently. I sent one to Erika, and I also made one for our wonderful T Stands for Tuesday host:


 I made paper tea bags from cardstock and glued on some actual recycled tea bag paper over top -although unfortunately it's not visible outside of the fact that it muted/aged the cardstock colors a bit.
Eileen has let me know that her ATC for me is in the mail and I will be sure to post it in my next post:)

 One last page for this month's theme (We're All/Going) at Art Journal Journey:


 Going to the beach! Background is a deli paper gelli plate print.

 Here are another set of index cards for the Index Card a Day Challenge as I have been posting them daily on Instagram. In my next post I'll share the last of them.

#45/61


#46/61

#47/61

#48/61

#49/61

#50/61

#51/61

#52/61

#53/61
 For all of July's I have used Tim Holtz Collage Papers in either Symphony or Typography for the backgrounds and have kept with a vintage theme. If you have any questions about anything else just ask in the comments or send me an email:) 

 I will join Moo Mania and More (music) with the cards that have the musical notes on them, and Paint Party Friday later in the week. After that I will be taking a little blogging break to enjoy more of summer. Be happy, and be well. 

"Sometimes taking a break from routine is the best therapy."    Amirtha Keerthi

37 comments:

  1. So much wonderful artwork! I don't even know where to start! Your ICADs are amazing!
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been a busy lady again Linda. All that amazing art. And some musical evenings. Sounds like you've had a fun week! Stay cool in this latest heat wave. I loved those cooler days and it is too bad it has to be this hot, isn't it? Happy T day. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your index cards are amazing, Linda. You do beautiful work. And I love the journal page, with that great sentiment. Love that you used the deli paper gelli print. I have gelli prints on deli paper. Didn't think to use them on a journal page. Thanks for the tip. Happy T Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More incredible art, Linda. I noticed there were two ATCs, but I thought maybe you kept one of them. It's nice to see the other recipient is Erika.

    Your journal page is wonderful. I bet you wish you WERE going to the beach about now. It's a lovely entry and perfect for Chris's theme at Art Journal Journey.

    I love your ICADs. Yours are SO much more dimensional than mine. I love each of yours and the vintage aspect works really well for you, even though it's out of your comfort zone.

    Thanks for sharing your journal entry, your ICADs, and your lovely tea inspired ATCs. And thanks again for the postcards, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, georgous artwork here

    Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made some wonderful art again this week, the ICADs are really fantastic. The concert was surely great. Glad your weather has got better. Today it's hotting up again, but 'they' are promising us cooler weather again from tomorrow, I so hope they are right. Enjoy your 'downtime' and have fun, happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I spied your wonderful artwork over at Elizabeth's site, and loved them! I agree - in the summer it seems that anything goes and heading to the beach would be perfect! Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, so many beautiful makes today! I love those index cards, the vintage styles are amazing 😁. The ATCs that you created are perfect too! Wishing you a very Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful photos and artwork. Your ICADs are gorgeous. It's not cooling off yet where I am in Connecticut, but July is typically our hottest month. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WHat lovely pieces! Love the art journal with the geli print! And so many wonderful ICADs. You have been busy! thank you for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastisc artwork for MooManias .
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Linda ~ look at all your wonderful creations ~ Love the ATC of teabags ~ delightful and do hope you are staying cool today ~ Humidity and high temps yesterday and today here in MA ~

    Happy Day to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful art, Linda. I love all of your ICADS. Your ATCs are darling. I'm sorry your ATC from me hasn't arrived yet. Hopefully it'll be there any day now. I love Cole Porter too and performed (dancing and singing) in two community theater Cole retrospectives - what fun!

    Happy-T_day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you had such a good time at the performances you went to.
    Your ATC looks great (both of them).
    And your ICADs are beautiful. I love the vintage theme.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic art Linda, you are on a roll! Unbelievable creations. Terrific!
    Wow for all and thank you so much for joining AJJ and Moo Mania again dear friend. Happy T-Day and happy week!
    Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. As always its a treat to see the wonderful art you have been creating Linda in the past week.
    THE atc'S look Fantastic.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have been busy! Such fabulous artwork. We had a break from the heat and humidity, but it’s back. Though here on Enders Island, it doesn’t seem that bad as there’s always a breeze off the ocean. I don’t mind the heat or humidity. Beats shoveling snow. Stay cool and Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the vintage theme running through the index cards Linda and the fabulous journal page. Enjoy your summer and hope the humidity isn't too bad.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a couple of great evening entertainment you had! I love those T bag ATCs - whats lovely idea and these both look so pretty! I have so enjoyed seeing your ICADs! Now, The journal page, which really does have a brilliant beach vibe to it! I love the vintage miss doing her exercises! Thank you so much for your support and entries at AJJ this month! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  20. These Atc´s are Fabulous Linda !! Absolutely Gorgeous. Love the Art journal page, so great background. Your vintage index cards are simply Amazing !! Love them. I wish you a very happy August, and hope you had a nice T-day too.
    Sending you biig hugs,
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy weekend and happy August and happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful vintage cards.
    Happy PPF and weekend 💝

    ReplyDelete
  23. Going to the Beach creation is so appropo for now! Lovely !

    Happy Day to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sweet angel creation ~ You are an angel ^_^

    Happy Day to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your iCads are all stunning as usual. I haven't been to listen to life music in a while, except for my summer camp experience last week during Chapel. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your gorgeous art keeps me coming back for more. Luv the index cards.
    Happy you dropped by my blog

    Much❤🕊❤love

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great 'musical' theme creations ~ Happy Weekend to you ~ Xox

    Happy Day to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  28. it seems quite fun what you are doing and creating. I also like the first poster with the lady holding out handcuffs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hope weather is cooler for you ~ And love the card 'fragments of the soul' ~ speaks of love and memories ~ ^_^

    Happy Day to YOu,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Creating art, listening to music just makes for a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful art!
    Have a good, relaxing break!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your ATC/ACEO cards are exquisite! Sounds like you've had a very musical weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love seeing your ICADS all together! Beautiful feeling about them ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great to 'see you back' and bet you had a wonderful time at the seashore ~ Looking forward to your photos!

    Happy Day to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!