Monday, January 31, 2022

Getting Through Winter

 


  There were lots of snowstorms not only here in the US but also places in Europe, so I do hope you all fared OK and didn't lose power. We lucked out again and got just two inches of snow but I know that the NE coast from below Delaware and up through New England got hammered 😞! We must keep reminding ourselves that this too shall pass and spring is coming. We got through January, right?

 I've had lots to keep me busy and inspired in the art room. My new goodies from Joggles arrived!


 I used a GC given to me for Christmas and ordered from the new Dina Wakley release (the white journal is the only older product). I just can't get enough of her things!! My DW kraft journal is almost filled but unfortunately they were sold out at Joggles. I opted to try the white journal because I find I am loving this square format  6" x 6" size. The pages are very heavy cotton rag watercolor papers and will stand up to anything I throw at them😁.


 This is the first page I did in the new journal using mostly the new supplies. I used a paint over technique on the Church Doodles face stamp as taught by Dina on FB. Her "Art of Dina Wakley" page has tons of free art videos and demos, and in honor of her newest release she shared a video a day for the week:) Art classes (both free and purchased) are THE only reason I go on FB.

And now another kind of art break before going on to another journal page. Back in November my hubby and I went for the first time to the Reading Public Museum (less than an hour's drive from us) to see a special exhibit of Katharine Hepburn's clothing from her stage and film career. She has been my #1 favorite actress for as long as I can remember and this exhibit literally brought me to tears. I'll share some of the too many photos we took in next week's post. 
 For now I have this painting from the museum to share for T Stands For Tuesday:



 See the glass in the gentleman's hand? Cheers!

 As we went up to the second floor for the exhibits these stunning stained glass windows took up the main wall:


and here's a pic of the description in the brochure:


 In addition to the Katharine Hepburn exhibit there was a special exhibit running called Medieval to Metal: The Art and Evolution of the Guitar. It was a fabulous exhibit- room after room of guitars from the oldest harp like instruments all the way up to the present styles!! Alas I have no photos cuz I used up my phone space and power on the Hepburn exhibit, but we spent much time there - so interesting and cool! Please go here if you wish to read a bit about it. We liked this museum so much that we will look for any new exhibits that come and will definitely go. There is a really nice walking park there as well so perhaps we'll picnic😉.

 And now here's one more journal page:


 I chose to do another piece of art around my word of the year "intention". The quote is by Mike Fotheringham. I used all Dina Wakley supplies except for the white Posca pen. I will join Art Journal Journey one last time for the theme of "Let's Face It" (new theme coming for February); Try It On Tuesday (theme is "Add a Quote"); and Paint Party Friday.

 Will be by to visit and see what you've been up to. Take care, and stay warm 🤗.


            “Art should be something that liberates your soul.”      Keith Haring



 

31 comments:

  1. I like the painting you shared. The Dutch Golden Age had so many great painters at work, and their creations are so lastingly beautiful.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy almost February Linda. I love your latest Dina Wakely pages, and thanks so much for squeezing in another face for my challenge at AJJ, and also thanks for joining the quote challenge at Try It On Tuesday. And that Katherine Hepburn clothing exhibit sounds fantastic. She is or perhaps I should say she was one of my favorite actresses too. I really enjoy her films. I hope you have a wonderful T day and week ahead. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Katherine Hepburn exhibition sounds like SO much fun. I think my favorite movie of hers is the Philadelphia Story. And lovely stained glass.
    Your journal pages are beautiful and such a fun package.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda, I loved seeing your art and the museum art as well. Happy almost February Happy T hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. To answer your question about my favorite Hepburn films, here's my favorites: Adam's Rib, The African Queen, Bringing Up Baby, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner and I can't leave out On Golden Pond. I hope you saw some clothes from at least one of those. Thanks so much asking. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw a special on Katharine Hepburn a few years ago. She was a fascinating lady. I hope you don't hold back on the photos.

    That painting was beautiful. I immediately noticed the man with the glass. Nice way to represent T, also.

    Those stencils and other pieces you got with your gift card are wonderful. I can see you have already put them to good use. It was great you shared them with us using Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey. Thanks, too, for sharing the painting with us for T this Tuesday, also, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "You are not alone" is a comforting reminder. The stained glass is a nice addition to the museum. The variety of exhibits there must draw from a wide range of visitors.

    Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely new goodies Linda, and gorgeous pages. The Katherine Hepburn clothing exhibition sounds fab, she always had such great tailoring. Happy T Day Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful artwork and I loved visiting the museum with you too! Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work - we are not alone, thankfully.
    Trusting is a hard one for me, though...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like square format sketchbooks too. Lovely art. I wouldn't like to wear a ruff like the people did in the old painting, making me itch thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely that you have fund this museum within a short drive from where you live.The stained glass windows are beautiful, and the string instrument department very interesting. My husband and I went to a guitar museum n Almeria, which looked a bit similar.Interesting.
    I'm looking forward to the Kathering Hepburn photos. I love her as an actress. My favorites are The African Queen and the Golden Pond.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  13. You make such good use of the Dina Wakley supplies. Maybe I should go to ther FB page... I'm never on FB anymore, but that might be a good reason to go there again. I love stained glass windows and those here are stunning. The guitar exhibit sounds interesting as well, I would have enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely tag and sentiment

    Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved your art and those stained glass windows, wow! Love the word intention. As we started out the year in yoga, we don’t make resolutions, we set an intention. So positive! Happy t day

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Linda ~ love all your creations and the museum trip sounds wonderful! ~ Glad you only got a few inches of snow ~ And I definitely needed your "hope" creation ~ Xo

    Also ~ thank you so much for the Valentine card ~ am going to try and make you one ~ you are a treasure ~ Xo

    Wishing you peace in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Joggles is a great place to get art stuff ~ I have too much art stuff so I am trying to behave and not buy anymore ~ sigh ~ love the girl's face in your first creation ~ Xo

    Wishing you peace in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great goodies! Lovely photos of the stained glass. I love Katherine Hepburn, especially when paired with Spencer Tracy. :) Happy T Day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Linda, a faboulous post. I was drooling at your new goodie - each looks totally fun! Love what you made with them too. Super backgrounds, fun words, and awesome techniques. I need to check out that new release (I am so far behind, I didn't even know there was a new release....).

    Love the museum pictures too. Sounds very interesting. I love Katherine too - so strong and beautiful and such a good actress.

    Happy T-day a bit late - yesterday was tough. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your new toys look like fun. The museum sounds like a wonderful time to break up the Winter doldrums. I'll look forward to seeing your photos from the Hepburn show. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  21. A great tag Linda, your new goodies will see you busy for a while.
    Sounds like a wonderful visit to the museum.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday,
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  22. OOh your tag and your art journal page are absolutely Gorgeous Linda ! Looove them, the colours are fantastique. Those stamps are so beautiful. Enjoy them.
    Thanks so much for sharing your lovely photographs from the museum, they are great. Happy belated T-day!
    I wish you a very nice rest of the week, and send big hugs
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely art Linda glad you lucked out in the recent storms, Toronto was ok this time too. It is cold and just a bit of shovelling today.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your art is fabulous as always, take care, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful 'You are not alone' ~ creation ~ divine ` Xo ~

    Wishing you joy in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely artwork for 'set your intention' ~ Xo

    Wishing you joy in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a bounty of new goodies you treated yourself too your so good using them right away, your journal pages are all so fab, I especially love those new DW faces but i'm trying to be good too. Thanks for taking us with you on your museum visit, the glass is amazing. Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Inspiring post Linda. Thanks for dropping by mh blog

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow, that is a lot of stamps and stencils. I have not seen any like this in Sweden so even if I would have wanted to use any I couldn´t. I thought it was doodling and have not dared try it :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hope you had a good weekend ~ always wonderful art creations, Linda ~ Xo

    Wishing you happiness in your day,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!