Monday, February 7, 2022

Art And Fashion

 

 

 Hi Peeps! Going to immediately begin by joining the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge (Love is in the Air), and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge (With Love) with my cards. These cards would suit many occasions depending on the card stocks or papers you choose, and it's why I love this Simon Says Stamp Mini Hearts Party wafer die I recently ordered!! The die cuts out all the hearts which you can keep to use too- and I added one in red to each of the cards just for a bit of added interest.

 Warning you now that this is a photo laden post as next up is a series of photos from the special Katharine Hepburn exhibit hubby and I visited at the Reading Public Museum a few months back. Not interested in her or her movie costumes, then feel free to scroll down for a bit more art near the end 😀. 

 For T Stands For Tuesday I am beginning with my coffee while editing photos at my computer:

 Grab your cuppa and enjoy part one of the exhibit! I especially chose costumes from some of the movies Erika, Kate, and Lisca mentioned as some favorites. This is the entrance to the exhibit:


 As soon as I walked in the tears started flowing. I have loved Katharine Hepburn and her movies for as long as I can remember, and to actually get to see so many of her costumes, photos, etc. in person completely overwhelmed me.


 I'm hoping if you can't read this you can click to enlarge further.




First up- The Philadelphia Story:

 



 
And here are two framed costume designer sketches:



 Bill took a pic of me in front of this display:

  
 Just look at my eyes- can you tell I was constantly tearing up? Thankfully we had the exhibit rooms all to ourselves for the first hour and a half! To the immediate right of me is this dress from one of my very favorite movies -  Stage Door:


 Guess Who's Coming To Dinner:


The African Queen:
 




 As you can see on the description, sometimes similar attire was used when the original from the film wasn't available, and sometimes if the film had also been a stage production those outfits were displayed. If Katharine really liked any of the clothing made for the films she would personally have replicates made for her own personal use.

 And just look at this stunning gown from Adam's Rib:




 OMG look at that teeny tiny waistline 😲!! She had a 20" waist!!! In my next post I'll share one more group of photos. 


 
This is one of many Katharine Hepburn books I own. A very thorough compilation of all her movies along with several pages of photos of each movie as well. This was purchased at a thrift store hence the tattered cover sleeve. I am enjoying rereading it and hubby is also enjoying it for the first time. I chose this page because Alice Adams is my very favorite movie of all of hers. I cry every time I see it ( I think it's because I so much related to her character in this movie).

 And finally- for Art Journal Journey (What's Your Style), and Paint Party Friday:



 Playing with some of the new Dina Wakley products ! My style is mostly mixed media, collage (new and vintage), colorful, and abstract. There is just something about putting down vibrant colors of paint and splatters!

 Whew, I need another cup of coffee after this posting.
 Sunday we are having our son Todd's birthday dinner since his birthday is next Monday - Valentine's Day. Do you celebrate this holiday? Have a super week and weekend everyone, and thanks so much for stopping by🙋

 " If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased."    Katharine Hepburn








30 comments:

  1. HI Linda, wow what an awesome exhibit, I would have enjoyed viewing this in person. glad you shared with us. Great journal page too-Happy T wishes Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love costume exhibits, and the photos of the KH clothing look just marvelous. What fantastic tailored trousers she had! Now it’s not a fashion statement to wear slacks all the time — which I do — but it’s interesting to remember when that was an offbeat thing to do.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun and colorful journal page. Loving the text inside the flowers.
    Such a beautiful exhibit! I love all the dresses. And such an interesting way to exhibit the pants.
    I have not seen all of her movies yet but I will be looking them up.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was exciting to see these outfits from the movies I mentioned Linda. That is such a tiny waistline from that sexy black dress from Adam's Rib. I dug out some of my Katherine Hepburn movies this past weekend and one of these days I'm going to find a few minutes to watch a few. Her outfit from On Golden Pond could still work in NH, even thought its been at least 40 years since that film came out. This looks like a fabulous exhibit LInda. And thanks for the fun page for Elizabeth's challenge at AJJ also. Have a wonderful T day and week ahead Linda. And thanks for sharing those KH outfits too. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love Katheryn Hepburn! She could wear anything! I loved her movies, her looks, her voice! Oh, my goodness, I could binge watch all her movies again! Thanks for sharing. Great journal page. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She sure was an outstanding woman, great exhibit!
    Funny... just yesterday I bought Valentine´s... kitchen paper towels and TP :-) Does that count as celebrating? Have a happy T-day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love all the Dina Wakley stuff, it's so easy to use. Your page is fabulous, very colourful and has TEXT, which I adore, especially as a design element rather than just as meaningful words. Loving all the KH clothes. She was an icon for sure.
    Mary Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you enjoyed the exhibit and the fantastic clothes, so beautiful! Thanks for linking your wonderful journal page to AJJ! Happy T Day! Hugs! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed the exhibit immensely. It was a good way to show her signature pants. The dresses are amazing. My grandmother had a teeny, tiny waist like that. Sadly, I didn't get that gene! I am moved that this exhibit had such an effect on you. You must have been over the moon seeing all these clothes. It must have been great to have that room all to yourselves for so long, too.

    Your art today is fabulous. I can almost always tell your signature style. Thank you for sharing it with us using Bleubeard's and my theme at Art Journal Journey.

    Those Valentine cards are adorable. That die will come in handy, I'm sure. Yes, I celebrate Valentine's Day. It may be a Hallmark card day, but it is also one I decorate for.

    Wow, I thought I had a lot of images saved on my computer, but you have a ton. I bet a lot of them are from the museum, too. I'm such a klutz, I would spill my coffee if it was so close to my keyboard. Thanks for being bold and sharing your coffee at your computer with us for T this Tuesday, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks to KH we all got to wear pants. It was a real pain trying to get the workplace to allow slacks on the ladies. Love this post and love Katharine Hepburn and all her movies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your stamp cards are wonderful. Katharine Hepburn is wonderful also. A real favorite of mine especially in African Queen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fascinating exhibit! I've never heard of a museum offering a display like this, but I'd go. More than once :) Cool!

    Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  13. How amazing is that exhibit and it looks like you had a fabulous time, thanks for sharing! Beautiful valentine's cards and I love your brightly coloured painting too 😁. Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely exhibit! She is one of my favorites too. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome exhibit. Hepburn had such style. I love that quote about Try wearing a skirt. 😄 Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Linda ~ great exhibit and post ~ I too am a big fan of Katharine Hepburn ~ she was special ~

    Wonderful stamp cards ~ love mine (card) Xo

    Wishing you lots of laughter in your day,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing the exhibition. I'm feeling very fat now after seeing that tiny waist.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really enjoyed the pictures of the exhibit as well as your heartfelt tribute to your favorite actress. She was amazing in her individualty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A super post to read and see the photos you shared. Thank you for linking your art and your style with us at AJJ.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderfully creative and colorful ArtJourney Xo

    Wishing you laughter and love in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This was so much fun, I would enjoy that exhibit too I think. Beautiful clothing and style. I also love your page, so colourful and happy, and I love that quote at the end! Wow 20" waist, I remember those days when I had one and still thought I was fat haha Happy T Day Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello linda,
    Thank you for hosting this exhibition of a great actress!
    Yes, this is your kind of art, so creative! I love it !
    A good day dear, hugs, Elke

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh what an inspiration Katherine Hepburn is and was thanks for sharing this Linda. Lovely art this week.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy PPF, stay safe, and have a great weekend! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Weekend to you and lovely creating ~ Xo

    Wishing you lots of love in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love that extra red heart inserted back into the wafer die, such a beautiful touch Linda and your mixed media painting is divine. The museum looks fantastic, so nice to see so much preserved, thank you for sharing.
    Happy PPF Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Linda,
    I enjoyed this post so much. What a great sense of style Katherine had.
    She always looked so fashionable and yet very comfortable in her clothes too.
    A wonderful art journal page and lovely quote.
    Happy PPF and Happy Valentine's Day too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for sharing a piece of history.
    I wear trousers. Easy and comfy :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I loved seeing these images - if I still lived in Hampshire I would love to have gone to see this - though now I'm a bit further away in Wales I've been lucky enough to see it through your post. What a trailblazer she was.

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow, how fun. I would have loved visiting that exhibit. I too loved Katharine Hepburn but now it is many, many years ago since I saw any movie. They don´t show the old ones on TV. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!