Monday, March 2, 2020

It's T Stands For Techniques




 Hi peeps! It is my pleasure to be guest designer for Try It On Tuesday for two weeks and the theme is " new techniques". Thank you for having me! I hope you will join in and share a new to you technique with us all! I'm going to begin my post with a tutorial and will share more examples in my next post as this one will be long enough with the addition of other  art for challenge/ blog links:)


 Who doesn't love cards that pack a punch with vibrancy?  So, let's go!

Materials You Will Need:  white glossy cardstock
                                           dye inks (colors of choice plus black)
                                           large/ background stamps


 Step 1:  ink up your stamp with black DYE ink and stamp onto the GLOSSY cardstock. Here I used a large stamp (Magenta C48015 M) and stamped it repeatedly on the panel, inking the stamp each time. Important! - allow to dry completely and thoroughly before going to the next step and do NOT use a heat tool to dry it quickly.Drying times will vary depending on the ink brands you choose.

Step 2: apply several colors of DYE ink over the stamped, dried panel using the Direct To paper method (use the inkpad right onto the panel) covering the complete panel. The colors will not interfere with the black stamped images and will produce vibrant results. Much brighter and crisp than if this was done on regular matte cardstock!


Inks used: Archival Jet Black, Sky Blue, Citrus inks.

Another way to try this is by reversing step 1 and step 2:


Begin  by inking your GLOSSY panel using your choice of light colored DYE inks directly onto the panel. I used Distress Salty Ocean and Shaded Lilac inks. Again, allow to dry thoroughly and completely!  Once dry, I used a large background stamp (Impression Obsession Cover a Card -Fishscales) and stamped over this panel using Archival Jet Black ink. This is the finished card:


 Other products used: large white notecard; white, black cardstocks; heart punch; Love die set - Simon Says Stamp. I will also link this card to the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge (anything goes).

 One more sample to share today:

                                                    step 1

 Completed card:


 Products: white GLOSSY cardstock; large white notecard; white cardstock. Inks: Versafine Onyx Black ink, Staz On Pumpkin ink, Distress Lemon Zest ink. Stamps: Impression Obsession Cover a Card Black Eyed Susan background stamp; Just saying Clear Stamp Set- Inkadinkado. Large circle punch  (Fiskars)

 I just thought this would be another way to use that glossy cardstock in addition to using it for alcohol inks and blending solution;). I hope you give this a try, and if you do, please share what you create! If you have any questions please let me know in the comments.
 One final note: I cannot tell you how EVERY brand of dye ink will work as there are hundreds of brands out there and I am only using what I have. It would be a good idea to try any other brands on some scrap glossy cardstock pieces first. Next week I'll share more examples;)

 Now for T Stands For Tuesday:


 I made a new recipe- for a Vegan Carrot Cake and it is so moist and delicious (no dairy, no eggs!) that I will share it with you at the end of the post. You will also be able to find this and other recipes I've shared under the Recipe tab just below my blog header.

 The theme at Tag Tuesday is one near and dear to my heart - Paris. And so I made this tag which is also for the Simon Says Monday Challenge (Tag It):


 Products: napkin, vintage image, washi tape, ribbon scrap, "Paris" stamp (Oxford Impressions), Staz On Valentine Red ink, Tim Holtz Mini Stapler.

 And this journal page is meant for Paint Party Friday, and the new theme at Art Journal Journey (theme is 'Green') with guest host this month, Eileen of The Artful Crafter:


  This quick and easy page was done on a kraft page in my Dina Wakley Media Journal using three different greens, and a  black acrylic paint and painted using qtips and a #4 round brush. I am so ready for the trees to start blooming and sprouting their green leaves!

 That's it for this week. Looking forward to seeing what you are up to!

      " Springtime is the land awakening. The March winds are the morning yawn."

                                 
                                           Vegan Carrot Cake/Muffins

 Dry ingredients:

1 1/2 cups flour    scant 3/4 cup of sugar   2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon    1/2 tsp. salt      1/4 tsp. nutmeg

Whisk dry ingredients in a large bowl,. Set aside. Preheat the oven to 400F.

Wet ingredients:

3/4 cup of soy, oat, or unsweetened unflavored almond milk
1/2 cup of canola oil      1 Tbsp. lemon juice    1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups of grated carrots    1/2 cup chopped walnuts(optional)

In a medium bowl whisk together the milk, oil, lemon juice, vanilla. Stir in the carrots, walnuts.
Pour the wet carrot mixture into the dry ingredients bowl and stir until just combined. Don't overmix! Some lumps are fine.

Divide the batter into paper lined or greased 12 muffin pan, and divide the batter evenly. Or grease a 7 1/2" x 11" pan and spread the batter in evenly.

Bake 18 - 23 minutes until lightly golden on top and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan.


                                            

35 comments:

  1. Beautiful art, have fun at TIOT! Love the green tree for Eileen's challenge, too. And thanks for linking your lovely Paris tag to Tag Tuesday. Your recipe sounds great, thanks for sharing. Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards and the tree is so lovely as well! And thanks for the recipe dear Linda! Love to see you as a guest designer at TioT! Super!

    Big hugs,
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the black eyed susans the best, and your tag turned out beautiful too. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, wonderful, Linda - not only fabby dabby gloss card - I used to use it LOADS but also a nice, new recipe for me to 'translate' to UK English measurements and try out...and better still, I have carrots I need to use up! Thanks for that.
    Gorgeous, vivid coloured cards. LOVE that Magenta thistle - isn't it realistic? Thank you so much for sharing your technique.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you are our guest designer at TIOT for this challenge Linda. It is right up your alley! I love the cards. They are beautiful and really do pop. And your carrot cake looks so yummy. I have made gluten free carrot cake before, not vegan. I wonder how they differ, if at all. Hope you have a wonder T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic artwork. I love the floral pattern on your plate and mug. Your carrot cake looks delicious. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning, you have chosen an excellent topic and thank you for the tutorial as I am really new with mixed media.
    Love your Paris tag, and thank you for the carrot cake recipe
    Happy T wishes Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, it's too bad I have no glossy card stock. It sounds like a great technique, though.

    LOVE the Paris tag. It's a beauty.

    I also think your lovely journal page is beautiful. You spent a LOT of time on that. I can't begin to imagine how long it must have taken you to create those leaves with the qtips and a tiny brush. Thanks for sharing this beauty with us at Art Journal Journey.

    Your vegan cake looks good. I bet it tasted good, too. I really love your coffee mug, too. Thanks for sharing this recipe and coffee with us for T this Tuesday. BTW, I would have been by sooner, but I’m having trouble keeping my internet going.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, amazing cards and such a fabulous technique Linda! The ink colours look so vibrant on the glossy cardstock and I love the contrast of the stamped images - so beautiful 😁. Thanks for sharing this with us and joining us as Guest Designer over at Try it on Tuesday! The carrot cake looks so yummy too, perfect with a cuppa - Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such delicious eye candy and a delicious recipe, too!Your green tree is giving me Spring fever. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  11. First of all Linda, thank you for being our Guest Designer at Try it on Tuesdays for the new theme. The technique you shared looks awesome and I love the page and its bright colours that you have shared with us there.
    Your art projects all look lovely and the tree you linked with us at AJJ is beautiful.
    Have a good week.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I have glossy paper so I will give that a try, your recipe sounds delicious but I don’t think I’ve seen almond or oat milk over here, not even sure they sell soy milk, they dont move with the times here very quickly. We have to search to find buttermilk.
    Happy t day
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful art! I especially love the black-eyed susans. And that tea mug is perfect for the warming season :) Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  14. How great to have you as our guest designer this time..and with such lovely technique to try! I will be sorting out some glossy paper to give this a go! The results you got are fabulous! Of course I adore your Paris tag and your tree really is a joy to see, and what a brilliant reminder that Spring is around the corner! I love the look of your carrot cake - maybe too sweet for me but I know hubby would love this! Off to find our equivalent to Canola Oil! Happy T Day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the tutorial, I shall have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely to have you as guest designer and love your tutorial too


    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, I am very impressed with your green tree, painted with Qtips. Fantastic!
    I love your Paris tag too.
    Thank you for the tutorial and the recipe. We have our work cut out this week!
    Happy T-Day.
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful creations here, Linda ~ and a neat recipe besides ~ Excellent post ^_^

    Happy Moments to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great tutorial and gorgeous cards, Linda! Thanks for sharing the technique.

    I love your green tree and it's perfect for this month's green theme at AJJ. Thank you for joining us there.

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. My favorite are the black and white daisies and a close second is the simplicity of the beautiful tree ~ ^_^

    Happy Moments to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I will be trying these muffins! TFS. Love your cards and how you achieved those fun looks. Also love your journal tree - the colors are wonderful! Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A delightful Paris Tag..love the vintage lady, so elegant isn't she.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy PPF and have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful cards and tag this week!! I especially like the cheerful daisies one!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are a great guest designer, such beautiful work Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are a great guest designer, such beautiful work Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  27. congrats on being a featured artist ~ tutorial is wonderful!

    Happy Moments to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Luv all your beautiful work today. I tried the vegan stuff, but im not i like milk, chicken and cheese. I will just have to eat more vegatables and less meat thats my survival plan❤

    Much🎨love

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow these cards are wonderful. Your art does have a punch. Thanks for the carrot cake recipe too.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Tag artwork is divine ~ hope you are having a lovely weekend ~ ^_^

    Happy Moments to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi, Linda! Love your new technique, and the resutl is a beautiful card. Great to see you as a guest designer at TIOT. Love your lovely tag and your painting. Fantastic post as always!
    Mar :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Saw some pussy willows starting to bud while we were on our walk ~ still a bit cool here by the water ~ Hope you are having a lovely weekend ~ ^_^ Love your artwork~ all of it!

    Happy Moments to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  33. you got lot of cool stamps to use. But today my favorite is the tree you painted. I think it is beautiful. Both the crown and the tree trunk. I like the way you used blue to give it structure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. The cards look beautiful! Love the "Love" card and the Japanese wave print. Love the Tag too! The carrot cake looks yum! In fact I was thinking of making Carrot halwa today but then postponed it for tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!