Monday, March 16, 2020

Days Of Constant Change



 Hi Peeps, hope everyone is doing well. In addition to it being St. Patrick's Day on Tuesday, and the first day of Spring this Thursday for those of us in the Northern hemisphere, we are ALL feeling the constant changes and effects due to the continuous spreading of the Corona virus.  More than ever though, it is so important to NOT panic and follow the precautionary measures as issued. That said, let's get on with some fun and art!!

 Of course our weekend St. Patrick's Day festivities were cancelled but that didn't prevent me from celebrating at home and in the form of art on paper;



 Products: Americana Green Tea acrylic paint; Premiere Oxide Chromium Green paint; Dina Wakley Lime paint; white and black paints. Stencils- Tim Holtz- Mosaic, Dylusions DYS34018 (circles), mandala circle design (Plaid/FolkArt). Jet Black Archival ink; white cardstock; shamrock stickers (Mrs. Grossman's); deli paper gelli print scrap; watercolors; black Micron pen; girl clear stamp - Long Hair Flair set (Inky Antics); computer generated sentiment; paper flower; rhinestone.

 I am joining Art Journal Journey (theme is "green"), the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge (Use Some Green), and the Simon Says Monday Challenge ( Stencil Fun).

 And keeping with the celebration mode- for T Stands For Tuesday:


  morning coffee, and then my dinner wine and  birthday cake on Sunday:


 So that I wouldn't have to cook hubby got take out pizzas and my Mom picked up this extraordinary chocolate bomb cake which had a layer of chocolate pudding inside, and a layer of chocolate ganache- rich, and decadent, and oh SO good! Cheers!

 Oh, and we finally convinced hubby to use these:


 Metal straws! He always drinks his coffee with a straw and it was the plastic ones. I think Kyra (future DIL) and I guilted him into giving them up by showing some examples of sea life with straws stuck in their noses, throats, etc. These are the best option for him as he did NOT want the paper/bamboo straws. He needs to remember though that he can't chew on these lest he wants to visit the dentist:):):)

At Tag Tuesday the theme is "women/Mother's Day/feminine" and I think these tags are quite feminine:


 I had also made these for an IG moodboard challenge hosted by Darkroom Door Stamps. Stamps used- Darkroom Door: Coffee Time, Fine Flowers Vol. 1 stamp sets; Dina Wakley  Good Idea stamp set.Tim Holtz Clippings Stickers, Distress inks in Shaded  Lilac and Weathered Wood, Distress card stock. Other: PSX Old Rose ink which I can't believe is still juicy after all the years I've had it:):), tiny buttons, washi tape, white gesso.   Happy Spring!

 Speaking of Tag Tuesday, Valerie is the blog admin, and also hosted recently. She offered a random giveaway and my name was chosen. And look at all the goodies I received!!!:


 Tags, die cuts, a cute notepad, a sewing theme stamp set (of all the MANY stamps I own I do not have anything sewing related;), dimensional butterflies along with that darling sheep and bird which will be displayed for Easter  as will her fabulous bunny tag art. What a truly generous gift dear Valerie- thank you SO much!


Lastly, this is another abstract piece I did in my mixed media journal:


These Dina Wakley paints- Ruby, Tangerine and Peacock used together made it quite difficult to photograph as nicely as it looks in person. Why is it that certain colors can give one a hard time...oh well.

 Joining paint Party Friday too as always!

 Stay well everyone. XO

" Spring will come and so will happiness. Hold on. Life will get warmer."   Anita Krizzan

35 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, I always love your art-great tags, sounds like the perfect birthday! I bought me some of those straws too I really like them for cold drinks. I did pick up some that look like plastic but they are not. I support 4ocean and free the ocean they seem to be really organized and helpful getting the plastics out of the oceans.
    Happy T Hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. a wonderful art journal page
    and pretty tags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday Linda - your cake looks amazing. And you celebrated St Patrick's Day in style. Glad your little prize got to you safely, enjoy! Your art is beautiful again, thanks for making tags for Tag Tuesday and I love the art journaling. Have a great week and stay safe, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. We still have toilet paper and weeks and weeks ago I bought sanatizer.

    Weird. No panic! But shelves get empty. To fun and art!!!

    We do not have St Patrick´s Day celebrations over here, and, even if rather close, I´ve never been to Ireland!

    A coffee with a straw? Never heard of that!

    I LOVE those tags! There even is a little Henry (Lion)!
    Oh, I wish for timeless times!

    A happy T-day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely set of tags, the blue and pink are lovely soft colours, I never make tags, I find them hard to do with being so small, not sure why
    Lucky you receiving all those goodies, it will give you something new to play with, I'm looking through my craft drawers finding stuff I haven't used yet, some things I had even forgotten about, LOL
    Happy T Day, Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! great page of Ireland & lot's of tags ~ Happy Birthday! ~ I really like your abstract piece as well. Blessings & keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belated happy birthday! That cake bomb looks delicious! I would like a piece too.
    Those tags are gorgeous. I love the soft colours, very feminine as you say.
    Wow, that is a lovely parcel of presents. Lucky you.
    Your 'timeless' piece is lovely. I love the orange.
    Happy T-Day my friend,
    and stay safe,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated Happy Birthday wishes Linda, the cake sounds delicious.
    Your art projects are always inspiring and thank you for joining Eileen's Green theme at Art Journal Journey.
    Happy T day wishes, stay safe.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated Happy Birthday dear Linda!

    Oh so much fantastic art and lovely win !

    I ordered glass straws recently at Amazon as I drink some teas just with a straw as they are not good for teeth to drink without I have heard.

    Happy St.Patricks day!
    I speciall love you abstract piece so much!
    Big hugs,
    take good care of you!

    Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday wishes! Wow, that cake looks amazing and it sounds like you had a lovely time celebrating too 😀. Your St. Patricks Day page looks amazing and I'm loving those pretty tags too! The metal straws are fabulous and so good for the environment - perfect! Take care and sending happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to you! I have my fork ready for a piece of that delicious cake! Thank you for sharing the colorful and happy artwork. I'm so happy to be able to visit through the magic of the Internet. Happy T Day and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday ~ love the cake and all the goodies ~ especially pizza !

    Beautiful artwork collage She Dreams of Ireland~ she is gorgeous ^_^

    Be Well.
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely greeen page, Linda. Thank you for sharing another page with us at Art Journal Journey.

    I'm glad you had such a nice birthday despite all our new challenges.

    I love your tags. You make wonderful series. I just read that's a god way to practice. Laly Mille calls it the magic of four.

    Another beautiful addition to your first series that I fell in love with - drippy watercolor, splatters and lots of white space.

    Congratulations on winning Valerie's drawing. What great new toys to play with.

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday to you ~ Love all the goodies ~ cake looks awesome and pizza is a favorite ~ Love your 'She dreams of Ireland.' Gorgeous mixed media artwork ~ She is lovely.

    Be Well.
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I like your Irish lass and your beautiful green page Linda. It sys happy and spring, which is nice in these tough days. Thanks for joining up with Eileen's green challenge at Art Journal Journey. And that cake sure looks delicious. I hope it was a happy birthday. And nice winnings from Valerie. I hope you had a happy T day and stay healthy please. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your artwork looks great. I like your Saint Patrick's day piece. And your tags are lovely. I also like your abstract piece. Thank you for the positive words about dealing with the coronavirus without panicing. I keep telling myself not to worry, because that won't change what happens, but it's very stressful none the less. Stay healthy and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Belated Birthday! Looks you had a party party...
    Abstract is abstract = I like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you had as good a Birthday as that cake looks!! Thanks so much for sharing your amazing work with us at Tag Tuesday. It was a pleasure to drop by your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful Tag art creation for Tag Tuesday ~ divine ^_^

    Keep Calm and Be Well,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  20. After ATT ran a new line and new connectors, I was finally back online. Just when I thought things were stable, I was once again offline for over nine hours. At least this time, I was able to get back on. Sorry I’m such a bad T Tuesday host this week.

    I absolutely LOVE the Irish lass. She is adorable. I was sure they would cancel the parade, but at least you found a way to celebrate. And of course the way you described it, that cake is out of this world. It goes perfectly with your wine and coffee, too. Thanks for sharing both the lass at Art Journal Journey and your drinks with us for T this past Tuesday.

    My friend RO! sent me some of those straws since she knew I drank my coffee through a straw, too. I got six with no bends and six with bends. They are wonderful. Glad your husband is now on board with these.

    That last art piece makes me smile. I want to make art like that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy PPF and have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy birthday Linda! Lovely art as always!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely creations, love the colours in the first one. That cake sounds lovely. Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy belated birthday, Linda♥️
    Your art is always great, this time my favorites are beautiful, charming tags 😍
    Stay safe and healthy 🧛

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice, bright St. Patrick's Day page. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous art Linda. Particularly luv the St Patrick's day piece
    Happy you dropped by my blog

    Much🎨love

    ReplyDelete
  27. Morning Linda, Happy Belated Birthday bet that cake tasted delicious. So pretty are your tags i've not had chance to pop on over to TT this fortnight. What a lovely prize you received from Valerie, she is such a thoughtful lady.
    I adore your abstract journal page... Take care of yourself & each other and stay creative Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy belated birthday. That cake looks so good. We are keeping to out home and spending time in the back yard for sunshine. Love your tags too.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the tags and the last photo-really nice. That cake! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow! What an array of creative tags etc. ~ Colorful and creative!

    Keep calm and be well,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  31. love your artwork, love the colors and design. And I laughed at the metal straw comment about chewing them :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a wonderful journal page. So many fun details! THank you for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful abstract artwork ~ lovely colors ~ ^_^

    Keep Calm, Be well.
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Happy belated birthday, Linda! I love your tags, they're so adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!