Monday, March 9, 2020

This Week's Musings


 Happy new week everyone! Hope you've been having some nice weather as we have been enjoying at the moment.It reached 73 F today:):) We even got some patio furniture out and the heavy cement planters waiting to be filled. Yes, spring is just around the corner!

 There is one more week to link and join in at Try It On Tuesday with the theme of "new technique". It has been so fun checking the links and seeing what techniques everyone is sharing! I have a few more examples to share from the technique I shared in my previous post:


 In this example I used Birthday Wishes clear stamp set (Inkadinkado) and randomly stamped the images using Jet Black Archival ink on white glossy cardstock. I went over it with Distress inks in Squeezed Lemonade, Mowed Lawn, and Salty Ocean.
 I then decided to cut the patterned stamped panel and made two cards like this:


And a few more examples:

 All on glossy cardstock. Products used starting at the top left going clockwise:
1. Crackle background stamp(unknown maker) stamped with an Adirondak dark purple ink then covered with a lavender dye ink. 2. Cover a Card Boxwood stamped using Ancient Page Sienna ink, then covered with a bit of Vivid! Yellow, then with Vivid! Teal. 3. Judikins Bolio stamped diagonally across the cardstock using Jet Black Archival ink, then covered with Adirondak Red Pepper ink. 4. Cover a Card Reverse damask background stamped with Adirondak Red Pepper ink then covered with Vivid! teal ink which made the red dark.

 A final card:


Background stamp- Judikins, Marvy Prussian Blue, Salvia Blue inks.Classical Ladies (Toybox) stamped using Jet Black Archival ink. Sharing this card with the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge( Something Feminine).

 For T Stands For Tuesday I'm sharing the dinner I made on Saturday:


  Cedar plank salmon on the grill, fries, and kale with garlic and lemon. My Merlot went quite well with everything:) Cheers!

 This journal page is meant for Art Journal Journey (challenge this month is "green") along with the Simon Says Monday Challenge (a bit o' green):


 One of my circle collages from an IG challenge last year was my starting point for creating the background on the page.
 Products: Dina Wakley paints, leafy and circle stencil; Fern Leaf stencil- Darkroom Door; Tim Holtz Linen stencil, Paper Doll, Small Talk stickers; Dylusions Basic Backgrounds stamp; Archival Jet Black ink; Marabu Black acrylic art spray. I'll also share this on IG for the Ranger/Dina Wakley Gratitude Challenge. This month's prompt is "I am grateful for adventure".

 And I'll finish this posting with another bit of watercolor practice/play:



 Ellen Crimi Trent has some really wonderful tutorials on You Tube! Sharing this post with Paint Party Friday later this week.

 So excited for the weekend as I'll be celebrating my birthday on Sunday, and this weekend there is a St. Patrick's Day celebration in town Saturday and Sunday starting with a Shamrock Parade, and then lots of Irish entertainment, food and drink! What will you be doing?

 Thanks for your visits, and have a great week ahead!

    " Find a way to express what moves you."         Mihaly Csikszentmihaly

40 comments:

  1. Hi Linda-allot of wonderful art here-I enjoyed reading about all the different techniques on tiot too. I love salmon so your meal looks delicious.
    Happy T wishes Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh --all this fabulous backgrounds and cards Linda and the super lovely flower painting! WOW ! And the page made with one of your beautiful round collages! Superb! You are always on a creative and artsy flow! And the meal looks superb too!
    Happy T-Day my friend!
    Big hugs,
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. It´s beautiful, but after my desaster with the cheapy stamps I rather just enjoy your work and do not participate ;-)
    Kale, hmmmmm (mine was... a desaster. I might share next T-day)

    I love your art! Beautiful!
    Happy T-day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of lovely art again. Your salmon meal looks great. Enjoy the parades at the weekend. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your technique samples, Linda - it's a long time since I've seen a bollio! I had a few of those. The birthday background looks amazing and so do the others. But I really love your journal page. The colours are gorgeous and so spring like. It's really good to see your watercolouring, too - so pretty. It looks as if you're enjoying the process of learning.
    Have a great week!
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post - lots of beauties and techniques and great food picture! Love your watercoloring and that journaling page is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful artwork! I'm loving that new technique that you used on the cards they look amazing and that's such a beautiful page too 😁. Thanks so much for all you inspiration over at Try it on Tuesday, it's wonderful of you to join us as Guest Designer! Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post ist wonderful with beautiful backgrounds and cards!That Journal is very nice!!!
    The food with the salmon was definitely delicious!
    Greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda, I love the pieces you've made for the challenge and the cards made with the pieces especially the Happy Birthday cards, love the colours, unfortunately I've run out of glossy card stock, I used my last piece for the challenge last week!!!
    Your watercolour flower is beautiful and such a lovely colour.
    Have a Happy T Day, Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. great examples of creativity ~ I like the boxwood's #2 the best and you could frame it as is. The journal page has so many pretty elements to see ~ Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bragged to Valerie how happy I was that my internet hadn’t gone out due to the storms that raged through my area off and on yesterday. Seems I spoke too soon. I finally gave up and went to sleep.

    Again, a lovely example of the cards you made last week. I really need to buy some glossy card stock, I guess.

    Your lovely journal page is adorable. I like that you are recycling your circles you made last summer, because they were so lovely. This one fits great with Eileen's theme at Art Journal Journey, too. Thanks for sharing it with us there.

    You are doing great with your watercolors. I like that you used the splatter, too.

    Your grilled salmon looks wonderful, but I confess, those few french fries would be about three bites for me (grin). Thanks for sharing your awesome art, your cards, your watercolors, your salmon, and wine with us for T this Tuesday.

    I heard many of the St. Patrick's Day parades have been cancelled due to the COVID19 scare. Please stay safe if you go and they hold the parade. I want to be able to wish you a very happy birthday when it gets here on Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. More wonderful inspiration of your technique Linda, it's so versatile.
    Love the journal page with the circle focal point, the background colours are so fresh and remind me that spring is just around the corner (hopefully).
    Have a great week.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful post with your great artwork ~ Love the 2nd birthday card ~ and other creative items ~ (I'll be back)

    Happy Moments to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this page, Linda! It's a beautiful submission for our green theme at Art Journal Journey.
    Thank you for sharing it with us there.

    I'm tempted again to try that DI over stamped background technique. You've done a bunch of great examples. I reall like how you cut the brithday background to creat two darling cards. Lovely watercolor too.

    Happy Birthday, Happy St. Patrick's Day and Happy T-day!!! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice new technique Linda. And use of green. Many thanks for joining us at both Try It It On Tuesday and Art Journal Journey for Eileen's green challenge. And we have had some gorgeous weather too; I am loving it. ANd salmon on the grill sounds like the perfect way to celebrate this early spring weather. Hope it was a happy T day Linda. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic art pieces again Linda and I am so happy to see that you have shared your inspiring work with us at Try it on Tuesdays and at Art Journal Journey.
    It sounds like you have lovely springtime weather as well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your salmon looks delicious! I love your watercolor flower. I can't imagine being able to do such lovely watercolors :) Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely cards you made! And I love that water colour thistle.
    No idea when St Patrick's Day is as it is not celebrated here at all. But have fun and be aware of crowds (Virus etc, I'm sure you know the drill)
    Yes, we are having hot weather here, very strange. It's too early.
    Yumm, salmon. That looks good!
    Sorry for commenting so late. I'm not up to much at the moment.
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Hugs (from a distance as I have a cold)
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  19. OOhh those cards are absolutely Gorgeous Linda !! I love the beautiful backgrounds you have created, so different and lovely. Happy t-day !
    Your pink flower is just amazing, bravo !
    I wish you a very nice day, and send big hugs,
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's great to see more examples of the technique you used for your GDT pieces! I still haven't got round to trying it yet! I love your Journal page and your watercolour flower is beautiful! Your meal looks great - I still can't say I enjoy kale, but your way of serving it sounds good! Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely journal page - so vibrant and colourful in every way.
    I love the way you cut the stamping up and used it as a panel on a card. Did you do the same with the other card or is the stamp a panel itself. Either way it looks very nice. I love cards in panels like that but I forget to make them myself.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Become your best you ~ is so sweet and creative ~ hope all is well ^_^

    Happy Moment to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful stamped background creations ~ ^_^

    Happy Moment to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful creations. Love those backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy PPF and have a wonderful weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  26. A beautiful week collection.
    Happy PPF and upcoming week ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely art this week Linda, your salmon dinner looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the vibrant colours of your work and I do love your purple flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Luv your backgrounds and art. Happy you dropped by my blog today

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous floral creation ~ love the pink and green ~

    Happy Moments to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores

    ReplyDelete
  31. Super selection of art...love the watercolour

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your backgrounds and collage look lovely. Loved the card more! You are a busy-bee with so much happening every week, Linda! It's really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great backgrounds Linda, you've made some super cards with them. It's a very rewarding process to just play and learn new techniques and wonderful that we can all share them with our creative online buddies with ease.
    Wishing you well & a very Happy PPF Hugs TRacey x

    ReplyDelete
  34. You have been busy this week. I am all in for birthday cards and these are amazing. Great works this week.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wonderful feminine type card creation ~ awesome ~ ^_^

    Happy Moments to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores

    ReplyDelete
  36. love your happy little ballerina and the watercolor flower at the end. These are my favorites today.

    ReplyDelete
  37. yum to the dinner, only I'd want even more fries. Love your pink flower in it's exuberance! The Denver parade is cancelled like most things. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  38. Fabulous vibrant backgrounds and lovely cards

    Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday challenge

    Joan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!