Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day Tuesday!


 I want to thank everyone for the birthday wishes!! We found out the downtown St. Patrick's Day festivities were on Saturday -not Sunday-and it was actually a shame because the rain came down so hard most of the day that the parade and several other things were cancelled :( However, I will be making up for it later today when my friend LuAnn and I head down to our favorite Irish place for lunch, and perhaps a few shenanigans:)

 For my T stands For Tuesday gang I have some photos of the lunch I had last week with Uncle Truman and Aunt Betty:

                                                  Truman (95) and his sister Betty (87)

 We went to a café where Truman has enjoyed going for some years now. The food is always good and I enjoyed my first time there very much. By the time we left, the waiting room to be seated was packed!
                                                                                              

 


 Burgers are their specialty so Truman had a mushroom burger and Betty  chose a California burger.










    I very rarely eat meat so I had a broiled haddock sandwich and it was delicious!














  

Then Betty surprised both Truman and I by having the waitress bring French Vanilla ice cream with a birthday candle and a group of them sang happy birthday.








 Hubby took me out to a fabulous dinner Sat nite but I'll save those pics for another time. Our tickets arrived in the mail for, YES, ANOTHER CELTIC THUNDER CONCERT-and this time we will be 4th row center-WOOHOO!!!! Sunday we went to see the Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel and we LOVED it!! I thought it was just as good as the first one. I will def. be buying both the movie and the soundtrack when it comes out. I do love Maggie Smith , and Judy Dench and oh, some of the lines and quips by Maggie were hilarious- and oh so clever! Richard Gere is as handsome as ever too.

 Here's a pic of my table with my birthday cards -and flowers from Todd:


 The flowers were to make up for that card on the right where you can read part of it. It says "you aren't old until the fat lady sings" and when the card is opened there is a loud operatic voice singing. Hmpf!

 I mentioned I wanted to do something to celebrate my birthday and blogiversary so here's what I wrote in Friday's post:

"...AND my birthday  and 3 year blogiversary on Sunday!!  I began by offering giveaways to begin each year but this year I want to do something a bit different. Rather than offering just a few things I would like to randomly send out happy mail throughout the year as RAKS (random acts of kindness)!! Do you know how much art  I accumulate just through the fun of challenges?? All I ask is that if you wish to receive a little something is to email me at (neenfrance(at)yahoo(dot)com) with your snail mail address. I will note it in my paper address book (I do not keep any of this info on my PC) and promise it will NOT be given out to anyone."

 It would bring me joy to send something out to anyone who sends me their addy!

 Now, here's  bit of art. I mentioned taking the online class Radiant Faces and have finally begun to tackle the first lesson. It is taught by Jane Davenport and is about learning to be inspired by famous masters portraits.


 this is a Waterhouse painting and the idea is to look for the bare bones of line, shape and shadows and sketch it without a lot of detail.

 This is my sketch of it:


 I will sketch another and then choose which one I will redraw and paint a portrait of. Once I got over the fear of doing this I actually liked it, and it sure is good practice. It is not meant to be a copy but a way of getting a feel for proportion and emotion.

 Happy T day to Elizabeth and friends and ...


                                                                        Slàinte!!!

" Gratitude helps you to grow and expand, gratitude brings joy and laughter into your life and into the lives of all those around you".    Eileen Caddy






16 comments:

  1. Gosh what a fabulous post Linda..love to see the both and great you had such a fantastic birthday !
    Wonderful pieces of art are here again --- you are always so inspiring!
    Happy T-Day Linda,
    Happy Patty's Day!
    xoxoxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to Love and enjoy here dear Linda.
    Precious expression captured on Uncle Truman's face with the candle lit surprise ♥
    Glad you're still celebrating.
    Waterhouse has always been a fav artist of mine...what a lovely sketch you did!
    Woot Woot on your Celtic Thunder tickets...weren't the actors so well cast in both of the Marigold Hotel movies! RGere certainly is easy on the eyes STILL!
    Here's another little blessing for you ♣May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light,
    May good luck pursue you each morning and night♣
    Happy T Day too!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SO glad I stopped by, because you didn't link up this week. Since I noticed you not only left me a nice comment, but you also left one for other T players, I thought I would stop by and wish you a BELATED happy birthday. Glad I did, because you seem to have a fun time with your relatives and hubby. Uncle Truman seemed to enjoy himself, too. Loved the back story on the flowers and that card was so funny.

    How wonderful about the Celtic Thunder tickets. They actually played in Wichita last year, so I am glad you get to go again. The first time I saw them was on a PBS special. I loved their music, so I can only imagine what fun you will have.

    I look forward to your Irish photos next week. I'm sure it will be fun. Sorry the parade had to be cancelled. Guess rain is better than snow, though.

    Thanks for sharing your birthday pictures and cards with us for T this Tuesday. You may want to link up so everyone can enjoy the fun of the day out and about with Uncle Truman and Aunt Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I popped by that was such a lovely read

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh what a wonderful and loving celebration you had ~ Happy Birthday again to you!

    Wishing you a wonder filled week,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday wishes to you. It sure looks like you had fun celebrating. Happy T Day, Happy St Pats Day and happy happy day just because :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post Linda!!! Uncle Truman and Aunt Betty look great! So glad you had a good time. Love the birthday card ;) pretty flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! Almost the same age as my folks! My dad will be 95 this Nov and my mom just turned 86. Looks like they had a wonderful time and he loved the surprise ice cream treat and song. And looks like you had a happy birthday, too.
    Kudos to you drawing faces!! I've always wanted to try them, am not very good, and know I need more practice...but haven't done it. Taking an online class is a brilliant idea. Wonderful! Happy T-Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sound and looks like you had a very well deserved fabulous birthday! The pictures are so joyful and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice surprise for your Aunt and Uncle. They both look great for their ages! Happy belated b-day to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely dinner out, and glad you had a nice birthday! Excellent sketch!...it will get easier the more you practice. can't wait to see your painting. happy T Day & St. Patty's Day a bit late! ♣

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely little post and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I will send you my address because I would love to receive some happy mail from you too. Happy T-Day

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a great lunch - lots of lovely birthday celebrations.

    Mum, Livi and I went to see The Second Best Marigold Hotel and loved it too :)

    I'd love to receive a RAK from you :) Will let you know my address soon. Rushing out to book club in a few minutes....

    Great sketch. Jane is a great teacher. Her sketches are somehow so fluid.

    Look forward to seeing the next stage of yours!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy belated T day! Your Aunt and Uncle look fabulous for their ages--it looks like everyone enjoyed lunch, too! I admire you for doing the portrait class. Your first drawing is really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A St. Patrick's Day magical and beautiful! Great !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!