Monday, December 9, 2019

It's Looking Festive Around Here!




 How's everyone doing with holiday decorating, shopping, baking, etc.? I finally got our trees up and home decorated over the weekend not without a few lighting glitches to tend to though (ugh!). But, this is the last year for these tree lights then it's time for new ones for next year;)
 Now it's a matter of finishing and mailing the Christmas cards!

 Wanted to share this candle I just stumbled upon in Bed Bath and Beyond and of course I had to have it!!




  I had only opened the lid to smell the candle before buying it, falling in love with that burning wood scent. I've always wanted to have a fireplace. And since I can't have one I always wished someone could make a candle that truly smells like wood burning. When I got home and lit the candle to my surprise it also crackles like a fire!! I love it!!!

 And now that there's a sweet little fire going, grab a cuppa and join in at T Stands For Tuesday won't you?
My cuppa today is in the form of a journal page in the Dylusions Creative Dyary Journal:


 I cut the teacup from an old calendar. That lovely quote is from Chaim Potok.

 Most of my art time is being spent on card making right now. As I've said this year I'm using up things from my stash along with two Christmas paper pads. Keeping it pretty simple this year. Like this more traditional card I made with the Simon Wednesday Challenge (Traditional Christmas) in mind:


 Ivory notecard and envie (Recollections); holly and berry stamp (Magenta); Christmas Paper Pad (Authentique); Stickles glitter glue - used on the berries and around the card (not visible in the photo).

 Lastly I have a journal page that I made a little while back when Tamara LaPorte offered free online art lessons by a variety of artists. And by the way, she is sharing these Lifebook Summit videos again for a short time:) This page was from a tutorial by ScrapWitch Lisa :

                                        these are the beginning layers

Finished Page:


and a few detail pics:




 Joining Art Journal Journey hosted by Yvonne this month with the theme of (Words and Numbers), and Paint Party Friday

 Thanks for stopping by!

" Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love. It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air."     William Thomas Ellis


30 comments:

  1. Beautiful art, as always. Your Christmas decorations look great. Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! A wonderful candle! Hubby presented me with a fake fire-oven, but it makes no sound...
    Love both quotes. Fun you celebrate on 25th and we on 24th. I hope Santa does not leave all the good pressies here ;-)
    Those eyes sure follow one!
    Happy T-Day and a festive season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an interesting candle scent, but I get it. I bet it sells nice;there is something about a nice fire burning. And your home looks so beautiful. I love the new header too. That cardinal came out great! As did your other too. That abstract layering is really interesting. Hope you have a wonderful T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely post your home looks very festive and welcoming Linda, the candle must have a super smell and crackles as well, that is really interesting.
    Your art projects look great and I am so happy you have linked to Art Journal Journey as well.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving your decorations and twinkle lights, they look so festive! My hubby would love that candle - perfect 😁. Your Christmas cards and art look so beautiful too. Wishing you a very happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your window! You have a good eye for arranging your decorations, and I find that window breath-taking :) Your Santas and nutcrackers make great festive decorations. It's this time of year when I most miss having a mantelpiece. I've never seen a candle like that, but I agree it's irresistible. The teacup and quote make an inviting page :) Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your decorations are gorgeous! I love the swag window treatment and Himself would love your Santa collection. I've never seen a candle like that. Too cool! Your Christmas cards and journal pages are wonderful. Happy Creating and T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that sounds like a really lovely candle. Your decorations are very stylish. Beautiful!
    The cup-of-tea journal page is great. Perfect for the T party. The quote by Chaim Potok is nice too. I remember reading The Chosen and My Name Is Asher Lev eons ago. He is a good writer.
    Have a lovely T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, I love your Christmas decorations! I love nutcrackers and vintage looking Santas! (I like your Cardinal blog header image, too.) I put my tree and decorations up this past weekend, too. You made some lovely artwork. That candle sounds great. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just stopping by to let you know I’m back online. Both my internet AND my phone were down. I walked to my foodie friend Sally’s to use her phone to call the phone company and Sharon who graciously left the message you saw at T time.

    I complained to the phone company that my internet often goes down on Mondays. I bet Sharon is getting tired of hearing from me on Monday afternoons. I asked the repair person what the problem was and he said “a line down the block had broken,” and after he repaired it, he came here and reset my phone AND internet lines. This was the greatest early Christmas gift I could have received. Yes, I’m doing a happy dance.

    I can’t possibly catch up with you at the moment, but I am simply grateful that you chose to visit and spend T time with me today. Thank you for that.

    LOVE that card you made for T this Tuesday and the beautiful entry using Yvonne's theme at Art Journal Journey, too. Thanks for sharing your great art and Christmas cards, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, your home does look quite festive and that candle sounds delightful ~

    Happy Moments to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your wonderful new candle and the amazing decorations and I enjoy your fantastic art!
    Gorgeous!
    Big hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh love your 'cup of tea' card ~ do have a festive cup of tea and I will be there in spirit ^_^

    Happy Moments to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  14. creative traditional Christmas card ~ lovely holly ~ ^_^

    Happy Moments to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have some fabulous Christmas collectibles, Linda.

    While you're burning your wood burning smell candle, you should put a "burning logs in fireplace wallpaper(?)" on your TV screen. A friend did that at a party last Christmas and it was mesmerizing. You get the crackling fire sounds as well as the flickering flames.

    Your "simple" card doesn't look simple at all. Lovely.

    Stunning "Be epic" page!

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy PPF and have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous art and a fantastic candle!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice post with lots of beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Linda :) I LOVE your mantle! Those nutcracker pieces are so festive...I really have to start a collection! All of your Santas are so cool! I have a new Santa...my first and only DANCING SANTA lol...I have a little video on my blog! Oh, that candle. I want one too! That's pretty neat! Your art is lovely, but I love that card you made!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have very beautiful home. Love the furniture style and decorations.
    Beautiful art as well.
    Happy PPF ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've not seen a candle like that before, I shall have to look out for one. The eyes on the journal page are so striking.

    ReplyDelete
  22. wwonderful this workcool styl!!! Deco is very nice!
    Happy PPF
    Elke

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh i luv tea and happy talk and beautiful art. Happy PPF

    MUCH🎨LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely artwork, Linda! You home does look very festive!

    Happy Holidays!
    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  25. I watched a class with tamara la porte last year, and loved her approach. Your piece is so good, as usual. Your collections are very pretty I love looking at what people collect and display. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  26. you already have full christmas decoration. Looks very festive. :) I usually wait until the day before Christmas eve. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your art journal page is quite intriguing, LInda ~ and hope you are cozy and having a 'cup of tea.'

    Happy Moments to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your nutcracker collection! I have one too and they are wonderful models for holiday painting! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  29. The whole world is full of xmas like yours! :)
    Enjoy creative card making!

    ReplyDelete
  30. what a pretty Christmas house!! And I always love seeing what you are up to!!!!
    Merry to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!