Monday, June 1, 2020

A Colorful Post


 Welcome June! Here's to wishing everything and everyone affected because of the Covid -19 pandemic will continue to move forward and work its way back to business as usual. I am so bummed that hubby and I had to cancel yet another planned beach trip for next week but you can bet we're gonna make up for it eventually;)

 Above is just a detail of this journal page:


 This page was done on a canvas page in the Dina Wakley Media Journal. The card is a 3" x 5" index card I had made last year for the Daisy Yellow Index Card a Day Challenge. I am attempting to repurpose small art projects such as this and a circle art challenge I also did last year.  I just added the stitching to the completed card. Products: acrylic paints; Tim Holtz Stencils-Linen, Numbers; White, Genetian Marabu Artspray (used to make the drips and drops).
 Joining Art Journal Journey for the new theme this month "A Stitch in Time"; the Simon Says Monday Challenge "Make Your Own Background".

 Speaking of index card art, the ICAD Challenge has begun and the challenge is to make art on an index card each day June 1 thru the end of July- 61 days total. Tammy has been hosting it for 10 years now but this is only my second time. We'll see if I reach the end this year again:)
Here is my first card:

                                                               ICAD#1

 My plan is to use all the gelli plate techniques I have tried on the index cards and then keep it simple by using a short quote/affirmation along with washi tape. This quote is a fave of mine and is an old rubber stamp from PSX. I'll also link this to the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge (Anything Goes). I'll post my cards daily on Instagram but for my blog I'll post what I've done once a week.

 For my T Stands For Tuesday entry:


 Prep work (along with a glass of Pinot Noir) for a pasta dish I made with chopped roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts, shrimp, olive oil, garlic, basil, parsley, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. This is a Spring/Summer go to meal for hubby and I. Cheers!

 Lastly, another journal page I recently shared on Instagram:


 


 Again, in a Dina Wakley Journal. This was part of her Daily Demo lesson on using black gesso. Dina's Daily Demo lessons are all on her blog and You Tube.  The black gesso was brushed over a watercolor journal page. The masks for the figures were cut from some figures I made and printed out from Dina's Figuratively Speaking online class. Dina Wakley paints and collage tissue words were used along with white gesso, a black Fude pen and orange Posca pen for the spatters.  This page definitely went through an ugly phase and I almost gave up- but I am so glad I didn't cuz I love the end result!

 Joining in at Paint Party Friday also. Wishing you sprinkles of happy colors throughout your week.

         " Color is a power which directly influences the soul."  
                                                                        Wassily Kandinsky

36 comments:

  1. Linda this is a great post. Sorry about your trip. It is a crazy place we are living in. Your art as always is just gorgeous. Have a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda. I enjoyed your newest art and I like how you have repurposed. I don't know if I could keep up with an art piece every day but always sounds like a great event.
    Your pasta dish sounds perfect for this warmer day.
    Sorry your trip to the beach got cancelled hopefully soon.
    Happy T Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda this is the ice cream maker I bought-I read allot of reviews and this one from different sites many liked Cuisinart ICE-30BC Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet, and Ice Cream Maker - Silver I got mine at amazon but now I see they have raised the price by $20.00 more. but this one was more expensive at other sites 150.00 or more. I hope to get it this week

      Delete
  3. I'm sure you and your husband were looking to spend time at the beach, but it will happen eventually.

    I'm planning on posting my ICADs on Friday. I shared my first one earlier today. I'm hoping to find others who are making them, so I can visit them, too. I'm not on any social media site except Blogger, so that limits what I can and can't see.

    I like how you are repurposing your old ICADs. I have 8 years worth, so I could make art forever, and not get rid of all mine. I love all three art pieces and was delighted to see one of my favorite ways you make your art was in the DW Media Journal.

    Your meal looks delicious. That looks like my share, where is yours (GRIN)? OK, just joking, but this looks wonderful. Thank for sharing your art, your ICAD, your shrimp/pasta dish and your wine with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, colourful art, as always. And your food looks yumms. Have a great new month, happy T day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. To your trip soon!
    I love your works and would love to taste the pasta, happy T-day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice mix of artwork. You always have something great to show us. I like the patterns on your china, especially the plate on the right. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy my visit to see your wonderful art projects. Thank you for linking one up with the new theme at Art Journal Journey.
    Thr photo of your food looked delicious.
    Happy T day wishes Linda.
    Stay safe.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have wonderful journal pages ~ Canvas? What type of journal is it? Did you make it? The page creation is divine, creative and colorful ~ ^_^

    Be Safe, Be Well,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the 8" x 10" Dina Wakley Media Journal. It has canvas pages, cotton rag watercolor pages and kraft pages in this one. I got mine from Jogggles.com

      Delete
  9. Your pasta looks delicious, and you've paired it with the perfect drink :) I like the flower patterns on your dinnerware. Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful artwork, so much happy inspiration! Your meal looks yummy too, I'd love to try the shrimp 😀. Happy T Day wishes! Stay safe and well! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm fascinated by the Dina Wakley Media Journal, Linda. I'd love to get one next time (if ever) we go north of the Border again. Beautiful canvas page.

    Love your ICAD, as well as the idea to use gel printing. I have the small (3-inch I think) gel plates, so that would really work well for me. Gosh, I get so much great inspiration on your blog!

    Love the colors on your last journal page. Very striking.

    Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh your Art journal pages are Amazing Linda !! Love the great colours, and the beautiful themes, your Icad is lovely and very happy. Delicious your meal, Happy T-day ! I love artichoke hearts!!
    I wish you a very nice week and month, stay safe and big hugs
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy late T day. I am finally getting around to visiting. Hope it was a nice one. And I love your latest AJJ page with thr stitching. Very cool Dina style page. I hope you have a great June. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Dina Wakley journal is looking good. I love all your layouts this week. That pasta dish looks amazing! I bet it tasted good.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry your beach trip had to be postponed. Hopefully, it won’t be long before we can resume normal lives. Good for you for joining the ICAD challenge. Impressive. I like your plan for a theme. Oh and dinner looks yu-mazing. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a bummer that you still can't go to the coast. It's very disappointing. But we are all in the same boat, and one day you'll get there.
    Your canvases are wonderful. And your index card challenge sounds really tough, but I'm looking forward to seeing them together with all those great quotes.
    Yumm, your pasta dish looks so delicious. You make my mouth water.
    Sorry for the late comment,
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful index card creation ~ love the dynamic colors and quote ~

    Be Safe, Be Well,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry to hear about your cancelled trip, we have had a trip to the uk cancelled but it’s better to be safe than sorry, your artwork looks great, I’ve never tried black gesso! I’m messy enough with the white stuff, LOL
    Have a lovely week, keep safe, jan x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry to hear about your cancelled plans. Your journal page is lovely. The canvas background certainly gives a unique look that I love.
    Thanks for a beautiful contribution to AJJ: A stitch in time!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the ICAD, I had thought I might join in, but want to continue with my 100 day project bird mail art! I love the Dina Wakley art, especially the last one! I guess that the pasta tasted delicious with those additions! Apologies for the late visit, our internet, which hasn't been so good lately suddenly went right down yesterday and was only restored mid morning today(a local issue)Belated Happy T Day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your journal page is a stunner, Linda. I just love it and the words are wonderful. I've had black gesso for years and not used it once, so you've inspired me. I really ought to look at Dina's classes.
    All your art is gorgeous, as ever. Best of luck with your repurposing. We amass so many 'bits' in our playtimes that it's a great idea.
    There will be more beach trips. Far better to still be here. This won't last forever.
    Happy June!
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am one of the shielded people and I so long for the day I can visit a beach again. Only one month to go and I might be off for the day but i will observe social distancing as I think that will be in place for a long time yet.
    I love the first journal page you show us - I have never used a canvas page and have always shied away from it but looking at this I can see how your idea of the iCad could be used. I might try it plus you have reminded me I need to join in the iCads and do one each day - so that is four for today.
    Love your next page - very Dina Wakley style but still so much your own. Love the colours you used.
    Hugs Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. If we all 'held up our light' maybe it would help heal our world ~
    Beautiful creations, Linda and even your meals sound wonderful ~

    You asked about the 'blogger format' ~ no I am not there yet ~ still struggling ~ having problems with being able to select my photos among other issues ~ How about you?

    Be Safe, Be Well,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy PPF and have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are colorful special works of art from you. I love this and your food is delicious.
    Greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great art and pasta I luv very much yum-me

    Happy PPF

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such lovely pieces. The purple one has fun details! Love the hold up the light one.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Impressive art as always.
    Happy PPF and safe and good weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely work Linda, summer is cancelled in Toronto too, all the fairs and festivals, unreal, we took so much for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful creations and wishing you a Happy Weekend ~ ^_^

    Be Safe, Be Well,
    A ShutterBug Explores
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I liked the ones you shared on IG. I have to check that gesso out. :)
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh what a meal, yummy! Would be perfect for me. I love seafood but my hubby eats only salmon, sigh.
    Thanks for sharing a colorful post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!