Monday, May 25, 2020

Playtime!


 Hi Peeps, hope this new week finds everyone well. I had forgotten that this was a holiday weekend for us here in the US (Memorial Day - Monday) so many have/had Monday off.  I just can't seem to keep the days of the week straight this last month or two- I wonder why :( And sadly there were no special gatherings to remember those  who lost their lives serving our country and protecting our rights and freedom. But we can all honor them in our thoughts and prayers.

 This past Saturday we had warm weather- but humid and misty and rainy all day. And it was just what I wanted because a special package arrived in the mail:)...


My order from Joggles came!!! I used the GC I received for Mother's day. And don't you just love the printed tissue everything came wrapped in? I always save and use the printed tissues that come with an order;) So I spent an afternoon making a mess and playing in my new Blue Journal using the Gloss Sprays and it was a blast!! Here is what I did:


Using my new Dina Wakley stencil (Fractured Circles) along with the Gloss sprays on the darker denim side of the page.



 I flipped the denim page over to the lighter side and sprayed through another stencil then put the excess ink on the stencil onto a sheet of cardstock.


Stencils and sprays on a watercolor page, again mopping up excess ink.


 and then play on a cream colored burlap page. I am SO happy to have these light burlap pages in the journal!!

 Then I moved on to spraying white printed DW tissue papers- (Dina shared this on one of her daily demos):

 The tissue gets crinkled so when you put a tag on the wet paper to mop up excess spray you get some really cool patterns on the tags:)


 This time I mopped up the excess spray from the tissue by turning a watercolor page in my first DW Journal directly over it.

 The two dried tissue papers:



 It'll be fun tearing these up and using for collage! My thoughts on the gloss sprays- I love them!! They are permanent, and do have a bit of glossy texture when dry. It is IMPORTANT to wipe off the spray nozzles and cap them securely before putting away. It took some scrubbing to get my hands clean but that's nothing new for me- one could always wear disposable gloves:) Yes, I want more  spray colors!

 And now let's have a break and visit the gang at T Stands For Tuesday:


 Usually twice a week I make egg sandwiches for our breakfast. This is hubby's sandwich next to my as you can see- just poured- coffee. He always has two eggs on whole grain toast along with a slice of American cheese, and I have just one egg and one slice of the bread. No cheese- but I do put mayo on mine- is that weird like my hubby thinks- or does anyone else like it too?

 I did finish a tag and one page from my playtime Saturday:




 Sharing this with the Simon Says Monday Challenge (We're Going Around in Circles).
Products: Dina Wakley: Blue Journal, Collage Collective, Gloss Sprays, stencils: (Fractured Circles, Basics), washi tape. Tim Holtz Quote Chip; large manila tag; alphabet stencil (unknown); Bokeh Dots Clear Stamp Set (Ellen Hutson); gelli plate print scrap; tissue paper scrap; Versafine Onyx Black ink.

 Lastly I have a page in one of my junk journals:


 This is a fabric  doily page. The fabric image and sentiment are from ARTchix Studio. I used Vintage Photo distress ink to age the edges of fabric a bit. Buttons and crochet lace from my stash. Stickles glitter glue was added on the flowers in the photo.

 Joining Art journal Journey for the theme of "Flowers" this month, and also joining Paint Party Friday.

 Happy last week of May!

" Faith means living with uncertainty, feeling your way through life-letting your heart guide you like a lantern in the dark."      Dan Millman

35 comments:

  1. WOW, you have been busy! So many lovely things to see. Your order of goodies looks like you are going to have a fun time playing.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shopping at Joggles too. I have a big stack of their tissue paper. It's a nice little treat. And don't you just love that spray paint? I have been using it a lot and it give great effects and colors. Nice break food too. I hope you have a super T day Linda. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow lots of fun mail arrived-and I love their wrapping papers too. Great art projects too.
    I love mayo-even with french fries instead of ketchup
    Happy T hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loads of wonderful art again Linda, it all looks great. Your new goodies are fantastic, have fun, and yes, buy some more. Egg sandwiches are always good for breakfast, but I don't like the idea of mayonnaise! Have a great T day, have a fun week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those sprays you got with your GC. That must have been ONE big gift card, Linda. I really like what you made, especially on the burlap and using the tissues as mop-ups for tags.

    That's a beautiful journal page. You and Cindy may bring ARTchix back to life, yet. This is lovely and I was thrilled you shared this with us at Art Journal Journey.

    I'm allergic to mayonnaise, so you won't find it on ANY sandwich I make. I do like egg and cheese and a bit of mustard. Thanks for sharing your new sprays, your incredible art, and your egg sandwich and coffee with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is some great art! Do you sell that?
    Yes, I loose track of days, too. Thought last weekend was pentecost, no. But Thursday was a public holiday and we called a friend in Perth.
    Why Hubby is not working, she asked? At first I had no clue. Awful times.

    Mayo and egg?!!!! Help, cheese, please! LOL!

    That´s a good tag. I need to trust my heart tomorrrow, I have no good feeling for my online job interview.
    I prefer l'amour!
    A happy T-day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of your artwork and I also save all packaging that I think I can reuse.
    We have scrambled eggs on granary bread, my husband likes mustard on his toast with eggs, I love cheese but couldn't eat it with eggs, I know Americans love cheese with many things, I always have to ask them to leave the cheese off!
    Have a lovely T Day
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both your pages are GORGEOUS, Linda. But I especially love the one you share with us at AJJ. Thank you so much for joining again my challenge at AJJ. Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what fabulous crafting goodies! I love the sprayed backgrounds that you created - amazing 😁. Such a pretty tag too! Enjoy and wishing you a Happy T Day! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw a parody video yesterday, crying out, "I just wanna know what day it is!" lol It's that way here, too. I love the cool stencils and your color choices. Your poppy mug is delightful. It's been a while since we had scrambled eggs sandwiches, but I've never put mayo on one. The cheese is more my style. Or maybe sliced tomato :) Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My you've been productive, Linda! What fun playing with your new DW toys. The backgrounds are stunning.

    Happy T-Day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful creation on that terrific burlap page with your new 'toys.' Gorgeous!

    Be Safe, Be Well,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful tag art ~ again love that burlap ~ !

    Be Safe, Be Well,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that is what I call 'messy art'! It looks like you had a really good time playing with those sprays. And the results are fabulous!
    That burlap is really special.
    I'll have your hubby's sandwich any day. Tell him he has good taste.
    Happy (belated) T-Day,
    Stay safe,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've been very creative again. I like the supplies you received in the mail. It didn't feel like Memorial Day weekend to me, due to everything essentially still being locked down in Connecticut, even though we "re-opened" May 20 (which is a misnomer). I've never had mayo on an egg sandwich, but I'm not ruling it out as possibly tasting good. Happy belated T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. No surprise that you are losing track of days - We know when it is Monday because that's the day we FaceTime with my SIL in Poitiers but most other days are very similar. I love the goodies and what you did with them - I bought a Dina journal a couple of months ago but I'm saving it till I have sorted my craft room! Love the tag you put in the journal and the lacy page! I love egg sandwiches but don't toast the bread - I will now...and I will try mine with mayo!! Belated Happy T day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  17. So much fun playing with new supplies. Lovely work.
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry to be late calling in Linda.
    Super new goodies and really awesome art. Thank you for linking a page to Mia's theme at Art Journal Journey.
    Stay safe.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What gorgeous art you have produced - love the tag with the face especially but I was also very interested in the sheen on the sprays. That tissue you have produced is amazing! Oh dear, I can feel a spend coming on!
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful 'how you created it' ~ wonderful tag art ~ ^_^

    Be Safe, Be Well,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like you were having great fun with your new toys.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Linda, happy PPF and have a great weekend. I just saw the egg sandwiches again and now I'm craving....Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great art, lots of linky prompts. Happy you dropped by my blog today. Have a nice weekend

    Much💖love

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love all the wonderful backgrounds and the final pieces are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful assortment of art.
    Happy weekend ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wowww You have created lots of Wonderful Arworks Linda !! Love the so beautiful result of your burlap page with this amazing tag. Gorgeous Junk journal page !! I loove it. You received a lot of pretty colours, sure you´ll create wonderful Artpieces. Enjoy ! Your T-day was lovely, delicious breakfast !
    I wish you a better weather (or not, jaja), stay safe and
    Big hugs,
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great to have you visit always and your artwork is so beautiful and creative ~ love it all ~ ^_^

    Be Safe, Be Well,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm a mayo girl... I get lost playing with stencils... LOve doing that. A box from joggles is a Christmas stocking!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just love reading your posts. You have so much fun. LOL Nice gift from the GC. You are so talented and your art so inviting. Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  30. what stands out in your post today is the face. It is a curious face and I smiled when I saw it. That is a good thing. I wish more people had that expression. :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I clearly shows how must fun you were having while playing in your journal. The tag is beautiful. I don't think adding mayo but no cheese is weird at all, it's a bit like egg salad, right?

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm totally out of this journals thing - why and what they are made for? Do you write them as diaries or what? Pls tell me!!!
    But I really like your style and colors!
    Eggs with mayo sounds weird for me but my hubby puts mayo almost everywhere :)
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Interesting patterns! Haven't tried it. And I really like this black n white face sketch. Oh and you have started ordering online. I need acrylic colours but a little scared to order anything online.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!